CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #43 *ARREST*

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by GuyfromCanada, Dec 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nudgee

Nudgee FLY EAGLES FLY.....

This is another thing that I can't piece together. If SF had Baby K late hours Wed/early hours Thurs while the cattle checking, etc was going on, one would think the custody exchange would have been the other way around. That KB would have picked up Baby K later in the morning of Thurs/Thanksgiving at the ranch, not PF picking up Baby K at KB's place. Unless KB took Baby K home with her after dropping off the ulcer meds at SF ranch at 4:00am something. You would think they would let the baby sleep. Things that make you go hmmmmm???

2. Herat

Herat Well-Known Member

NAILED IT

Classic Gaslighting. !

3. MsBetsy

MsBetsy Well-Known Member

There were several calls (Or texts) between them on that day. She was probably keeping him updated on her progress while she cleaned. Imo

Flicka1, girlhasnoname, Kapua and 4 others like this.
  4. MsBetsy

If he has an alibi it probably doesn't have to be. Do we know where he lives?

Flicka1 likes this.
  5. Steelslady

Steelslady Well-Known Member

Oh wow, she told her high school friend that it was her aunt's gun and that she just wanted to get rid of it, yet that raised no red flags to this guy, lol?

6. srg

srg Verified Clinical Psychologist

I guess I can see the need to get rid of the gun after a failed homocide attempt disguised as suicide.

Clearly if you want it to look like legit suicide you’d want the gun to be found by the body, in the appropriate position etc., with suicide letter and all. KK and PF could have written several suboptimal drafts since Sept.

It’s weird to me that gun 1 (KBs) and gun 2 (KKs friend’s) have such prominent mentions in what we learned on 2/19, given KKs dramatic and detailed testimony of PF killing KB with baseball bat.

And now the target shooting. What’s up with the guns when KK clearly described a baseball bat murder/slaughter scene?

7. mtnlites

mtnlites Scooby Doo Gang Membership Pending

And I bet LE DID spend a good amount of time tracking KK's locations. None of these people are criminal masterminds, but IMO this scenario is one of the least plausible ones because it just relied on too many strangers (not friends of KK's but actual strangers who don't have a stake in this) to forget/ignore/not do their jobs. I don't buy that. If she'd been caught or called out for having an ID that wasn't hers, it would've caused even more attention. There was no real reason to fly to potentially expose yourself to so many variables.

8. whoizzit

whoizzit Well-Known Member

RSBM

OT/ As soon as I read this, I heard the intro guitar riff for Betty Wright's "Clean Up Woman." Thank you for the welcome distraction! :p

Flicka1, Kapua, d4j and 8 others like this.
  9. MsBetsy

I don't think he was supposed to get her at that time at all.
    I wonder if he sweet-talked her into letting him take the baby in the pretense that he would be picking her up later so the three of them could go out to dinner. Maybe he suggested she take a nap, since she was up all night. Imo

10. windrower

windrower Well-Known Member

I hope the Walmart detail is clarified.

In the affidavit, iirc, it is stated that PF was seen by Walmart and furniture store surveillance video--as in, he was seen driving by both places on his way to KB's townhouse.

Then it was stated that he was seen AT Walmart with a baby carrier with the same blanket over the carrier as when KB was seen in the Safeway video. Couldn't see baby in the carrier, but it was assumed she was in it.

Was he seen AT Walmart in his pickup, and baby carrier seen through the windows of the truck? Or were he and the baby carrier seen IN Walmart?

Flicka1, Kapua, Steelslady and 10 others like this.
  11. Hatfield

Hatfield Well-Known Member

Note to self:
    If anyone tries to give you a free gun, RUN. Do not pass Go. Just run. :)

12. GoneGoldfishin'

GoneGoldfishin' Well-Known Member

IDK, maybe because she is a user and a manipulator? They do still live together, so yeah that's pretty involved. But really, she may have been too nervous to drive, considering she just learned that everything was about to come crashing down around her and PF. MOO.

Flicka1, girlhasnoname, Kapua and 2 others like this.
  13. InvSmith

InvSmith Sometimes your cross is carried by strangers

I was really shocked and heartbroken by this during the preliminary hearing and then the more I thought about it, it sounds like an embellishment to add to the horror. I don't know...

14. MtBab

MtBab Active Member

I got my dates mixed up but... there is a a call noted in #17 of the affidavit - apparently this log was downloaded from PF’s phone. I believe the log shows a call from KB’s cell to PF's phone on the 24th, call lasted more than 16mins. So how/when did KK end up with KB’s phone? Was it left at the townhome on the 22nd and someone used it to call PF? Assuming that had to be KK if she eventually destroyed it. All said, was this a conversation about what she needed to clean up? Why use KB’s phone if KK had a burner phone or her own phone for that matter if she wanted LE to find her? MOO

15. Herat

Herat Well-Known Member

I'm sure the family that KKL had knew what she was like... and had experienced her manipulation, lies, deceipts, affairs for a while. Even though she WAS an RN, she had no real compassion for anyone except herself

16. whoizzit

whoizzit Well-Known Member

BBM

He absolutely did! Just unspeakable cruelty and horror. See attached P66 from the AW affidavit.:(

Attached Files:

17. ab01

ab01 Well-Known Member

I'ts even more tragic when you think that these 2 people were trying to get rid of poor KB for almost 3 months and she likely had no idea. And then you add in that there were people that could have helped stop it from happening, its just the worst! So many missed opportunities for somebody to help KB and yet by staying silent it instead insured that she would be murdered. Just so heartbreaking and tragic. MOO

Flicka1, kimpage, ilovechili and 13 others like this.
  18. Seattle1

Seattle1 Well-Known Member

KK was killed in the living room as cited by Investigators in the affidavit, not the bathroom. There were blood smears later found in the bathroom -- probably from PF cleaning himself off.

Flicka1, kimpage, pcrum12 and 8 others like this.
  19. acutename

acutename Well-Known Member

ug... are they still on the same phone plan? could explain why she is so busy hiding info from him

steeltowngirl, Flicka1, Kapua and 2 others like this.
  20. Steelslady

Steelslady Well-Known Member

He probably was going to kill her then, until he found out after target practice that Kelsey told her Mom about getting her gun back. Hence, his ulcer acting up. Every time the poor man thought she was going to be murdered, something happened to delay it *GAG*.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.