CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #5

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by GuyfromCanada, Dec 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. moonlessnight

moonlessnight Well-Known Member

we've all been brainwashed that adults' "rights" - sorry let me rephrase that : men's rights - are more important than children's safety.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2018
  2. MassGuy

MassGuy The Monsters Ain’t the Ones Beneath the Bed

I for one, won’t regret calling out the bizarre and incriminating behavior from PF here.

Normal people file police reports when their fiancé has gone off the grid for over a week, especially with a baby involved.

When a police report is filed, normal people make an effort to help locate the missing person.

If one is unwilling or unable to speak to the media, normal people appoint someone to speak for them, as publicity can help to locate the missing.

Normal people do not go radio silent when a loved one is missing.

No, we don’t know for sure that a crime has been committed, but it sure as hell looks that way.

I know where I’m looking.

Sunny123, libraryg, MerBeach and 37 others like this.
  3. alucardsdream

alucardsdream Well-Known Member

I think KB's mom is stuck between a rock and a hard place...she wants to believe KB is alive and will be coming back. She can't allow herself to start believing PF did something to KB, because that would mean she won't be coming home. And if by some miracle, KB does manage to get home and it turns out that PF had absolutely nothing to do with it, it would make things a little awkward for KB if her mom had gone around accusing PF of doing something. I don't think there's a real chance at that, but stranger things have happened.

4. Charlot123

Charlot123 Well-Known Member

My Google searches yesterday looked as if I were plotting a crime - mostly about cell phones, pinging, tethering and GPS.

LeeAnnB, MsBetsy, BRRI and 3 others like this.
  5. SandyQLS

SandyQLS may your life be filled with armadillos

Still catching up... but I just realized that the description LE issued on the missing flier is for what she was wearing carrying as she was seen at the Safeway. LE, Mom and brother have been inside her home and recognized that it is that brown purse that is missing. White top and blue jeans she may have a lot of those, but where is the gray sweater? Boots? My point is that LE put that info out because they have some reason to believe she never changed her clothes and purse to dress up for a holiday dinner. That may be something PF is telling the truth about, getting the baby in the afternoon. I believe KB left her home on her own two feet, with her purse, keys and phone, and willingly got into a vehicle, dressed as she was. jmo

djterry, MrsM, Tippy Lynn and 8 others like this.
  6. scdiv

scdiv Well-Known Member

This has never been spelled out with pure clarity. The closest is in the first police conference where the police chief says Kelsey was reported missing by her mother on December 2. He goes on to say, "Cheryl did reach out to Kelsey's fiance, and he called her back, saying that he hadn't heard from her since November 25, when Kelsey texted him." That makes me believe that CB called him December 2 and when he said he hadn't heard from her since November 25 or seen her since November 22, CB called the police. (But he never specifically says what day CB reached out to PF.)

7. MsBetsy

MsBetsy Well-Known Member

I have a question about that too. When I first started reading about the case it was reported by the Woodland Park police Commander that they did not know whether the phone ping was a "false ping" or whether it really pinged in that location. What exactly is a false ping and how does it occur? Did they ever verify that it was a true ping? I haven't read it anywhere but I may have missed it. How do they differentiate between the two? It would be helpful if we knew for sure that there was no doubt that this was a true indicator of where the phone was located at the time. Otherwise we are spending time trying to figure out why the phone would be in that area when in fact it was not. Imo

8. mickey2942

mickey2942 Well-Known Member

I worked in the system for years. And quit, because I couldn't stand it any longer. It is offensive if you really care about children.

Many children live with killers. Drew Peterson had his children with him for years. Some children grow up with a Father like O.J. Simpson, who went to prison for...theft, of course...it is difficult to accept.

9. BRRI

BRRI Well-Known Member

Probably. I’m just wondering how a VPN on WiFi with no cell service would show up in terms of pinging. As in, he had her phone, went somewhere in his house without service, used WiFi to VPN, set location to an IP in Idaho. Would the ping show Idaho? Colorado? No ping because no service? I guess no ping since it wouldn’t be connecting to a tower? Is it a ping in a traditional sense (tower/cell signal) or is it more of an IP stamp type of ping (we don’t know this answer of course)

Last edited: Dec 15, 2018
    KBB87, Charlot123 and MsBetsy like this.
  10. MassGuy

MassGuy The Monsters Ain’t the Ones Beneath the Bed

Yup, I think part of it is that she simply doesn’t not want to go there, thinking that her daughter is dead.

Right now, PF is the gatekeeper in regards to access to her grandchild. He has custody, and he can prevent her from seeing her granddaughter.

She has to play nice.

11. MsBetsy

So she must have called him on the 2nd of December.

MsFacetious, PommyMommy and scdiv like this.
  12. katie565

katie565 Well-Known Member

13. chi123

chi123 Well-Known Member

I think people are angry at him, not the attorney.

If he’s guilty of anything he’s certainly making the right decision by refusing to speak to LE in any way. I do agree that every lawyer I know would have also advised me not to speak to the police, but if my loving GF and mother of my child was missing I would have immediately reported her missing and would be cooperating fully, all the while I would be desperately pleading with the public for help in finding her.

MrsM, Alcina, MsFacetious and 7 others like this.
  14. Jennifer17

Jennifer17 Former Member

Yes, but whose vehicle?

PommyMommy, MsBetsy and MassGuy like this.
  15. scdiv

scdiv Well-Known Member

So if the fiance is not involved, do you have a theory on where Kelsey is?

MrsM, MKZoo, PommyMommy and 3 others like this.
  16. SandyQLS

SandyQLS may your life be filled with armadillos

Mr Occam's Razor, esq. :)

17. MsBetsy

That's what I read at first but now it seems she called to report her missing on the same day she spoke to him, when he told her about the text messages. That would be December 2nd. But I haven't seen the source for that.

Mom24 likes this.
  18. BRRI

BRRI Well-Known Member

Thank you very much. Very insightful. I am really hoping to explore both sides of this before fully pointing the finger at what seems obvious. I do wonder if a lot of what we find to be odd, insulting, suspicious, is because of his legal guidance. What do you think about the search warrant being executed today? Is that standard for a spouse or significant other of a missing person? Would the attorney likely advise PF and his family to not voluntarily allow the search?

flute4peace and MassGuy like this.
  19. flute4peace

flute4peace Well-Known Member

I just want to say thank you to you and the other attorneys for your interesting and helpful information.

And also I love your username & would hire you based on that alone :D

20. Jennifer17

Jennifer17 Former Member

Verizon said that it would be a real ping, but they were speaking generally, not about this ping. I am not sure how much weight you can give that though, because false pings have been recorded.

Kapua, PommyMommy, MassGuy and 3 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.