CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
In major cities, Denver included it’s a tradition to go out on Thanksgiving night. Lots of restaurants open late so employees can have Thanksgiving lunch, IHOP and such never close, most bars open that night and almost all clubs. When I was younger in Denver and Dallas we partied all night and then went to Black Friday at midnight.

You mean Wednesday night, right?

From the 1st press conference video, this was such a strange statement from the police chief, I wrote it down:

"...after she went missing she took time off..."

:confused:
I didn't see that. It would seem to imply she went missing on Thanksgiving but then maybe because of the text message she wasn't assumed missing at that point. Until she never returned.

I can throw out the “fiance” and “in love” things, as I actually believe that might be the case anyways.

It still doesn’t explain not reporting the mother of his child missing, nor his unwillingness to help locate her.

If he told the police information of a personal nature, information that allowed for an alternate explanation as to her disappearance, they clearly didn’t believe him.

They wouldn’t have served a search warrant otherwise.

TBH, putting myself in his shoes...heck, i’d cooperate about any missing person.

And I do think that wherever the cell phone pinged, might be less important than what is on PF’s farm.

Sadly, I do feel time has been lost. And also, think of this. Thanksgiving weekend. Great time for any activity to be unnoticed. Farm workers might have taken time off.

This is what is on my mind, subjectively. It is intuition. Objectively, I am not prepared to accuse anyone as I don’t know anything about Kelsey’s life.

What a strange situation. In the Wattses’ case, we knew a lot about the players, and then, some. Here, 5+ threads, I don’t know a thing about Kelsey. It is very sad.

I know rescue which has wayyyyy different than commercial but I can get an answer. Still - the guy isn’t a rancher. 35 acres is barely a family pretend hobby farm
<mod fix broken quote>
Yes, where he lives is most certainly not a ranch, but I have seen that he has some leases where he runs cattle.
<mod fix broken quote>

If you know, I’m assuming CBI, FBI and local LE knows but you’ve let them know just in case, right?

Last edited by a moderator:
TBH, putting myself in his shoes...heck, i’d cooperate about any missing person.

And I do think that wherever the cell phone pinged, might be less important than what is on PF’s farm.

Sadly, I do feel time has been lost. And also, think of this. Thanksgiving weekend. Great time for any activity to be unnoticed. Farm workers might have taken time off.

This is what is on my mind, subjectively. It is intuition. Objectively, I am not prepared to accuse anyone as I don’t know anything about Kelsey’s life.

What a strange situation. In the Wattses’ case, we knew a lot about the players, and then, some. Here, 5+ threads, I don’t know a thing about Kelsey. It is very sad.
BBM. I am not sure how many farm workers you would have on a 35 acre property with a couple of horses and a few cattle.

The lack of clarity about everything, means that I am unsure of anything.

The Watts case was the opposite in that regard, and certainly the opposite in regards to what we knew about the victim.

We had no shortage of information about her life, probably too much information (it was weaponized after all).

But I’d rather too much than too little, which is where we find ourselves here.

RedBBM
I don't recall that at all. PF received a text message from Kelsey's phone. We don't know that it explained her absence - LE has not released the content of the message.

We don't know that she texted her work. We know that a text was sent to Kelsey's employer from her phone.

I assume you mean PF, and it's possible he had help. I have no idea.
MOO
Hence the statement that I was being more than a tad sarcastic. I think PF in some manner was the author of the text(s) sent from KB's phone, not KB.

I miss-typed on the PF. Oops. Be gentle I am new to posting.

Yes but if it was a real ping how does that connect him to the crime? Wouldn't they think it could be that she was in that area since she had family there? How would that make them suspect him more?

It doesnt. You just keep going where the facts lead you. A judge approved a sealed warrant to search PF's property and his truck. A warrant must be based on reliable information showing probable cause. Meaning the police need to show a judge the evidence they have that leads them to believe a crime was committed on his property and using his truck. The warrant is sealed as to not tip off the suspect what LE knows. So its safe to say LE presented some evidence that the red pickup they towed away was somehow involved in KB's disappearance or they couldn't have had it towed.

The Watts case was the opposite in that regard, and certainly the opposite in regards to what we knew about the victim.

We had no shortage of information about her life, probably too much information (it was weaponized after all).

You’re unsure of what?

I sense some loneliness about her situation. A young beautiful woman, a flight instructor and a mother, is last seen on Thanksgiving day, and no one notices her absence. There is a text to work, but how come no coworker calls to check if she is OK?

That means, no close coworkers.

The so-called fiancé is thinking about himself.

Neither friends nor neighbors in view.

Mom lives far away, but is the first to notice that her child is missing.

So unbelievably sad.

From the 1st press conference video, this was such a strange statement from the police chief, I wrote it down:

"...after she went missing she took time off..."

:confused:
It was worded awkwardly like many things in this case, but another reporter asked for that statement to be clarified at the end of the press conference. The police chief responded: "She... was off on the 22nd, and then she got ahold of her employer, and requested time off, or [rather] advised that she was going to be off."

Hence the statement that I was being more than a tad sarcastic. I think PF in some manner was the author of the text(s) sent from KB's phone, not KB.

I miss-typed on the PF. Oops. Be gentle I am new to posting.
Lol, I apologize if I came across as harsh! I should have asked you to clarify what you were being sarcastic about. I may have a small case of the crankies tonight too. :oops:

I’m getting a Crystal Rogers vibe. Young mother goes missing. SO uncooperative. Crystal hasn’t been found, her father died in a hunting incident (no arrests) barely a year later. Crystal’s mother has been very outspoken that she believes Crystal’s boyfriend (father of her youngest child) was responsible for Crystal’s disappearance.

She petitioned the court for grandparents visitation and initially won. However, a judge since ruled that grandma, Sherry Ballard, be denied visitation because it was believed that she was negatively influencing her grandson.

Something tells me Kelsey’s mother is hoping to avoid this. JMO

SPOT ON!!! PF has every legal right to act in the bizarre fashion as he has. But he is violating the social contract we all have with our fellow citizens. Perfectly legal but creates enormous social consequences. Just ask O.J. about violating a social contract. What really bothers me is how LE has been protecting him from those consequences bearing down. They have lead everyone to believe PF was cooperating. Why? There may be a very good reason. Scratch that....there better be a very good reason. Because if there had not been the national media and scrutiny in this case would they still be wondering what happened to Kelsey? Would they have executed a search warrant? Or would they be still telling everybody how PF is cooperating? From the beginning the facts didnt seem to fit the actions of LE. Thank God for the media shinning the light on things.

In writing this I hope I'm wrong.
We have no way of knowing, but isn't it very common for LE to work with the DA on SW's, and for the DA to tell them "not enough yet, go get more evidence"? LE/DA may even have been rebuffed by a judge as long ago as Dec 3 on not enough probable cause? Pressers and vigils highlight the case to the broader public, and I keep wondering if that critical witness or CCTV footage finally arrived because of these actions.

Other posters pointed out this theory about a Christmas tree upthread (I was thinking this, too): KB & K should have arrived home from Safeway about 1PM. What if PF arrived, said let's skip going out to eat and go up to my ranch to find a tree? PF could have offered to have a quiet in-home evening, he'll set up the tree brought back in his truck, let's eat sandwiches. KB might have been happy about this change of plans. The 3 leave in his truck, KB still in casual clothes, cars at her house.

If a neighbor saw KB get in a red truck on Thanksgiving, or even a dinner guest of a neighbor like that relative who is always going outside to smoke, and has now made a statement of what they saw, that might be enough probable cause?

Why dont we know more? Thats a serious question. Is there a reason we dont know more about these two?

Seems like the family has been told the less information out there the better. That runs contrary to every missing person case I've ever heard about.

Of course you dont want to give material facts about the investigation away but how does knowing why these two were living apart and creating a broken home for their daughter if they had intentions to marry? Could very well be for religious purposes but why is that so difficult to tell people when you are looking for their help to find someone. It just causes speculation and rumor which takes away people from coming up with ideas to find the missing person. This whole thing has been strange.

<modsnip - quoted post and response removed>
The how. The why. The where. The when. Did anyone help?

With Watts we knew all of those things, atleast with a degree of confidence.

We don’t know those things here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members