ú

CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #5

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by GuyfromCanada, Dec 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ReadySet

ReadySet Well-Known Member

She did not have family there. Her family lives way up in the Idaho panhandle, a few hours from the Canadian border. If she was driving to see them, she would go up through Colorado, Wyoming, and Montana.
    Gooding is way down in south central Idaho, a few hours from Nevada. There would be no reason to go that way if she was driving to the Sandpoint area in north Idaho.

2. Jennifer17

Jennifer17 Former Member

Some people do not have a good sense of direction or just wanted to get far away from CO to ditch her phone.

3. MsBetsy

MsBetsy Well-Known Member

Yes, I understand that, but thats not what was in the post.
    I was replying to the ping being a real ping and how that related to the search warrant and that the FBI was involved because it was out of state. That's the only part I was questioning. I don't understand the connection between the ping and the FBI presence.

katie565 and PommyMommy like this.
  4. AmatuerDetective

AmatuerDetective Well-Known Member

Yes of course. That is what helps build probable cause. They obviously have something otherwise they wouldn't have towed his car away. But if you're telling the public PF is cooperating then someone who may have seen PF and KB in the truck together on thanksgiving may not come forward in helping build probable cause. They figure well he's cooperating so no need for me to get involved.

LookingForClues and SandyQLS like this.
  5. AmatuerDetective

AmatuerDetective Well-Known Member

Oh sorry, FBI only gets involved in crimes against children, serial killers, terrorism, and interstate crime. KB's cell phone pinging off an out of state tower makes it interstate crime.

Warwick7 and MsBetsy like this.
  6. PommyMommy

PommyMommy #ShinelikeShanann

7. Lyndsay Moore

Lyndsay Moore Member

After following the Watts case I vowed not to get involved in another case. It was emotionally draining and time consuming . . . Now I'm obsessed with following this case! Finally caught up and read every post on all five threads. So glad to see some progress was made today in finally executing a search warrant.

I noticed that KB's Pinterest has numerous references to Toxic People and their relationships. It seems some of them could be directed at certain individuals, such as a boyfriend, dad, mom or mil, etc. It struck me that most of the quotes suggested that it's okay to walk away from the people who treat you certain ways.

Any thoughts anyone on whether her Quotes page has any significance to her disappearance?

8. scdiv

scdiv Well-Known Member

From the first press conference, the police chief makes it clear that November 22/Thanksgiving was the last day Kelsey was seen. She wasn't scheduled to work that day. On November 25, "she" texted her work and "advised" (the police chief first said "requested," then corrected himself to say "advised") her work that that she was going to be off. When LE contacted Kelsey's job on December 2, they advised of the text they had received on November 25. Perhaps her work was perplexed or put out by her text, but they probably did not assume that it was suspect or that she was missing.

This is a very strange case. I understand LE not sharing many details regarding the investigation, but I think it's rare that we hear or know so little about any of the players.

cass523 and MassGuy like this.
  9. Jethro4WS

Jethro4WS Well-Known Member

You have to watch the first press conference and you will hear the police chief say it. That is the source for that information.

Gardener1850, MsBetsy and SandyQLS like this.
  10. ReadySet

ReadySet Well-Known Member

I was replying to OP saying that KB has family in Gooding area.

MsBetsy and Kapua like this.
  11. scdiv

scdiv Well-Known Member

Annnnndd.......she says CBI gets involved on "November 4." Sigh. She simply misspoke, but man this reporting and timeline reporting has been terrible and sloppy.

ETA: She also says "Kelsey dropped her daughter off with her fiance."

12. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LIVELIKELIZZY

???

Sandpoint mother says daughter's disappearance is 'completely out of character'

By: Ariana Lake Posted: Dec 10, 2018 05:15 PM PST
    Updated: Dec 10, 2018 11:20 PM PST
    Sandpoint mother says daughter's disappearance is 'completely out of character'

Vanished: Authorities investigating disappearance of ex-Warden woman
    Vanished: Authorities investigating disappearance of ex-Warden woman
    December 12, 2018

Kelsey’s parents, retired hay farmers who lived north of Warden until they moved to Sandpoint, Idaho a few years ago, were emotional at the podium during Monday’s press conference in Colorado.

"This is completely out of character. Kelsey loves her god, she loves her family, friends and she loves her job. She doesn't run off and someone knows where she's at. Kelsey, (sobbing) we just want you home, call us if you can and we won't quit looking," said Kelsey's mom, Cheryl Berreth.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2018
  13. MsBetsy

Well either way he may have just misspoke. I don't think he was saying that she went missing on Thanksgiving and then resurfaced because of the text message saying she wouldn't be coming in to work next week. He probably just described it that way because that was the last time someone ( supposedly) heard from her. Imo

14. scdiv

scdiv Well-Known Member

I didn't take it that he was saying it that way at all. Just that after she was missing, messages were sent from her phone.

15. MsBetsy

Thank you. Someone had asked about it and I wasn't sure where the information came from.

16. SandyQLS

SandyQLS may your life be filled with armadillos

I think I interpret the awkward 12/10 presser statement as an intentional slip about what LE really believed after a week of investigating, not unlike his tone and remarks like "you'll have to ask Patrick about that." LE strongly believed that KB was missing since 11/22 and did not believe she sent the text to her employer, jmo.

I also think specifically mentioning Gooding, Idaho, was strategic. LE was already on to something because mentioning it to the public is all but useless. Is there an accomplice there?

17. PommyMommy

I heard that too. SMH!

BRRI, MsBetsy and scdiv like this.
  18. PommyMommy

Who really knows, lol?! :p

"Cheryl Berreth, who lives in Laclede, reported her daughter missing just after noon on Dec. 2, Woodland Park Police Chief Miles De Young said at the news conference."
    Fundraiser is created for missing woman

19. MsBetsy

Yes, I think so too. I think it may have been confusing to some because of the way he said it.

20. ZsaZsa

ZsaZsa Well-Known Member

In this article they claim that her aunt states they broke up on Thanksgiving day.
    Kelsey Berreth: Police Search Fiance’s Ranch In Search For Missing Colorado Mom

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.