Deceased/Not Found CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #50 *ARREST*

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by GuyfromCanada, Dec 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hatch

Hatch Well-Known Member

well his heifers could have been calving, or maybe aborting which is common when they eat pine needles ( which is like cow candy) they get pine needle fever and abort their calves. Sometimes you can inject them with meds to stop the abort process sometimes it works and sometimes it does not. My understanding his herd were over 100 miles from his home and in rugged territory that would take a while. Adding cattle are easier to work and deal with at night they are calmer. But I do think it entered his mind to do his deed that night , but something stopped him.
    In calving season it is not uncommon to be up all night.
    Calves are your pay check. Fall is when most of them get pine needle fever according to my source.

2. susiQ

susiQ Well-Known Member

Thanks for the tutorial, Hatch! The things I learn here :)
    I still question why would he take KB? Why not one of his friends, like the ones at the dump? Or better yet, RS, his very "best" friend. It makes me so sad when I think of KB's last hours. How tired she must have felt, yet still trying to help that despicable creature :(

Denisedyann, Noharg, Irmese and 24 others like this.
  3. GordianKnot

GordianKnot Well-Known Member

I hadn't thought of that particular angle until you mentioned KB's almost certain fatigue after having been there at the ranch until, what was it, around 4 a.m.? It's possible that PF called her out and kept her up traipsing around out there until the wee hours to ensure that she was exhausted the next day.

That way, she'd be less likely to be able to fight back due to feeling physically sluggish.

Granted, this is PF we're talking about here, so I don't know that he would be capable of that level of pre-planning.

In fact, I think it's unlikely.

PF puts the mo in moron.

JMO.

4. FromGermany

FromGermany Well-Known Member

bbm
    Very interesting! :) (not the bbm ;) )
    He was a devilish coward at least since Sept and he remained being a devilish coward until noon on Nov 22nd. When KB gruesome died under his hands, he probably had thought of all sorts of "accidents" and murder, that are conceivable. IMO
    ETA: His last thought was perhaps, to kill a completely exhausted young woman, mother of his little child, during her sleep.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2019
    Noharg, CDB, Hatch and 8 others like this.
  5. WildWest

WildWest Well-Known Member

I agree. Sorry WS's for the graphic response. I worked at an animal shelter with a crematory onsite. From what I know there (no expert by any means) it takes a lot more than pouring gas into a water trough to get rid of anything but the hair and liquids. I have a feeling he did a half assed job on the burning like the rest of his mamma mooching-just enough gigs to get by loser life. What a terrible thing he did ruining so many lives beyond taking KB's and their daughters mother from her.

Noharg, MemPat, MrsM and 16 others like this.
  6. pcrum12

pcrum12 Well-Known Member

Marcus Faizal? Happened right in my neighborhood. I helped search the park.

7. FromGermany

FromGermany Well-Known Member

* wrong

Flicka1 likes this.
  8. pcrum12

pcrum12 Well-Known Member

And..... the 2nd woman got a plea deal!!!!! Never agreed with it.

9. steeltowngirl

steeltowngirl Well-Known Member

The cleaning items, curtains, tooth, toys, Bible etc. were all disposed of, and presumably put in the trash bags she moved in the car back to the Franch to be burned. She stopped at Sonic on the way after cleaning, and I scoured the documents for mention of some disposal there. But I haven’t found anything in media or the legal documents that clearly show disposal there. Seems it was all burned later at the Franch.

Noharg, CDB, gngr~snap and 7 others like this.
  10. steeltowngirl

steeltowngirl Well-Known Member

Circling back to your earlier point. Dan May wanted SF on the stand to testify about the burning, PF’s whereabouts, the phone call, and more. SF’s attorney argued that it was an “unethical fishing expedition”. SF’s attorney was advised of the purpose of calling her to the stand, and it wasn’t to discuss the open burn law. It was to clarify and corroborate details provided by KK that were presented as evidence against PF to take him to trial for murder. The judge ruled that SF did not have to testify at the prelim hearing. Even without her testimony, there was enough evidence presented at the prelim to move forward to trial.

TDoc72, Irmese, MrsM and 19 others like this.
  11. 1mtroyal

1mtroyal Well-Known Member

PF also burned a bunch of wood. Wood leaves ashes. PF would have had to have thrown water on the ashes if he moved them within a few hours. The nurse may not have been around when he moved them.

12. ab01

ab01 "What is done in the dark always comes to light"

Yep I think the stakes are a bit higher than just an open burn law. I think SF was more concerned with not implicating her son further. And or implicating herself in a murder and or abuse of a corpse. Don’t you worry ole SF will have her time to stand over a proverbial open fire with DA May throwing the fuel on it. And that time will be at trial moo

Last edited: Mar 19, 2019
  13. Julia966

Julia966 Well-Known Member

Yup, I agree with all of what you say. I too doubt that she participated in the murder or the fire/moving the body (if I implied that I did, I mis-posted). But there is something that she and her lawyer believes will incriminate her, not PF, but her, and I'm really curious what it is. It may wind up being more trouble than it's worth to call her to the stand and then charge her with contempt when she refuses to testify, as you say. So, we'll probably never know.

MsBetsy, Flicka1, AnnaGrace and 3 others like this.
  14. Julia966

Julia966 Well-Known Member

I'm a little nervous. If jurors take an instant distrust/dislike to KK and find her not credible, if KB's body is not found, I can see there being an potential problem. There's pings and video of him driving around, and nonchalant behavior, but no strong motive...I could see issues. 'Course, there was less evidence on Scott Peterson and look where he is.

gngr~snap, NWLady, MsBetsy and 4 others like this.
  15. ab01

I definitely understand why some are nervous, no body yet etc.

But there is absolutely no reason to be in this case.

The jury would have to actually hate KK so much that they are willing to completely overlook PFs actions and lies on the day of KBs murder.

They will absolutely hate kk.....but they will hate PF much more!

Moo

Noharg, kath4557, CDB and 6 others like this.
  16. ab01

PF body language and facial expressions will not play well with a jury.

He is a hostile defendant and I surmise that the jury will read him like a book!
    Moo

17. susiQ

susiQ Well-Known Member

I understand how you're feeling. It just comes "over" me too sometimes but @ab01 is absolutely right. They'll hate KK, and even distrust some of her testimony, but if they focus on the evidence presented, they should be able to see unequivocally who committed the actual murder. When they hear how he told lies about a lovely young woman to set up his "alibi", his collusion with KK in planning KB's murder and how she still cared enough about him to help with the cattle and pick up meds in the wee hours of the night for his tummy ache, and then burn her remains with KK at his side, they will absolutely hate/despise him. I also remind myself, the evidence we've seen is merely a sampling of what the DA has on him. There were 3300 pages of discovery.

Personally, I can't wait for PF's attorney to shred KK's character on the stand, but I doubt it will sway a jury to discount the mountain of evidence against him. And, since the preliminary hearing, I can't wait to see SF called to the stand! I'd like to know what she's hiding.

What makes me smile right now is knowing that baby K is in the loving arms of her grandparents, safely FAR away from the monsters that wanted to steal her.

18. Noharg

Noharg Well-Known Member

Yes, I never have understood this. Is night watch typical in ranching?

SandyQLS, PommyMommy, susiQ and 2 others like this.
  19. ab01

Ranching is a very demanding business, all hours of the day issues can a rise that requires ones attention. With that said I would not be surprised to find that KB and baby K going out there that late at night would be highly unusual for their normal routine. MOO

I do wonder if for whatever reason, maybe PF couldn't get KB to leave baby K alone in the car.....MOO

steeltowngirl, CDB, gngr~snap and 6 others like this.
  20. Hatch

Hatch Well-Known Member

It is a common thing in my area for the gals to want to go check cattle with the guys, sometimes it is the only time you have to visit and talk. IMO Kelsey most likely wanted to go, the baby could sleep in her car seat. I don't find it odd at all that she went with him. KB was only 26 you can get by on just a few hours when you are younger.
    I think why we want to find it odd is because what happened the next day to KB. CB stated KB never mentioned they were breaking up, I think KB would have told her Mom, unless CB testifies differently I think checking cattle at night is something KB probably did often with PF, unless the next day was a work day.

SandyQLS, kimpage, acutename and 12 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.