CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #51 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anybody posted what happened right before the court hearing today that threatened live footage of the arraignment?

I think it caught everybody off guard since Colorado criminal courts usually consider granting expanded media coverage (EMC - camera and audio) only for advisements and arraignments.

ETA:

(3) Limitations on Expanded Media Coverage. Notwithstanding an authorization to conduct expanded media coverage of a proceeding, there shall be no: (A) Expanded media coverage of pretrial hearings in criminal cases, except advisements and arraignments; .....

https://www.courts.state.co.us/userfiles/file/Media/Cameras in the Courtroom 2015 update.pdf

Perhaps because they knew the actual arraignment was being postponed?

If they wanted to test a sample of blood found on a single hair it might be more complicated, though. Imo

Since the prosecution previously stated the sample was no longer critical, it seems the defense really wants this test done, to either exclude PF or implicate someone else with the results. It could be the melted plastic balls, but the blood in Kelsey’s apartment would still be evidence that’s she’s deceased. If the plastic balls show none of her DNA, that could help him defend that there was no burning.

But it’s also possible it’s more DNA from her townhouse, which the defense hopes to be from someone else they want to point the finger at. Not KK, since she already said she was there. Just guessing.

Oh I'd love for him to be in general population.

I'm all for the d.p but I also quite like the idea of solitary confinement for life. Infact if I was in his (or similar) shoes I'd be begging for the d.p instead of lwop in solitary so don't quite understand why it's used as a bargaining chip, I'd rather die, what's the point of that?

I did some reading and Sir Mario Owens is one of 3 people on death row in Colorado and he is in solitary confinement. However, the more I think about it, the DP is unlikely these days. The Aurora theater shooter was spared the DP.

I did some reading and Sir Mario Owens is one of 3 people on death row in Colorado and he is in solitary confinement. However, the more I think about it, the DP is unlikely these days. The Aurora theater shooter was spared the DP.

Probably not a fair comparison. Some say the decision to seek the death penalty for SMO may have been politically motivated, because of the victims, but appeal after appeal has determined without doubt that SMO received a fair trial. As for Aurora shooter James Holmes--I think most believe he's insane - just not deemed criminally insane at trial.

I don't expect that any of the Colorado inmates on death row will ever be executed, but I do believe there's a psychological factor involved that will motivate some defendants when under the threat of death. MOO

If they wanted to test a sample of blood found on a single hair it might be more complicated, though. Imo

That's what I'm saying, Ms. Betsy. I got the impression this particular thing was more difficult to analyze than say, a hair or a nail clipping or a swab. Then @MemPat (God bless you MemPat! Lol!) comes up with the plastic balls that I STILL wonder if they might contain "something" of KB and they are just buffaloed at how to extract it.
MOO, MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members