CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #52 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was speaking of the headline that said the bathroom was covered in her blood. I didn’t think that had been established as yet....only by KKs statement. I agree about the cleaning supplies.
It was mentioned in court that the blood found in the bathroom was positively identified as Kelsey’s.

There were areas in the bathroom that reacted positive to blood that had been cleaned up. Found on the toilet, bathtub, floor, trashcan, one wall, part of the vanity, part of the door and the outlet plate in the bathroom.

DNA matching showed the blood found in #KelseyBerreth bathroom did in fact match Kelsey Berreth. They concluded she may have been killed in the bathroom. @KKTV11News

Ashley Franco on Twitter

It was mentioned in court that the blood found in the bathroom was positively identified as Kelsey’s.

There were areas in the bathroom that reacted positive to blood that had been cleaned up. Found on the toilet, bathtub, floor, trashcan, one wall, part of the vanity, part of the door and the outlet plate in the bathroom.

DNA matching showed the blood found in #KelseyBerreth bathroom did in fact match Kelsey Berreth. They concluded she may have been killed in the bathroom. @KKTV11News

Ashley Franco on Twitter
Aha....I stand corrected. Thanks MG.

This is a two part summary:

First part (Email searches):

LE issued SW 18-117 on Dec 19, 2018 for KKL's Verizon emails, sent from and received in KKL's Verizon phone 208-731-6679.
LE issued SW 18-118 on Dec 17, 2018 for PF's emails and entire record for email account frazee1986@gmail.com.
LE issued SW 18-119 on 17 Dec 2018 for emails and entire records for KKL's gmail mrslee10210@gmail.com.

Second Part (FB mail searches):

LE issued SW 18-116 on Dec 14, 2018 for PF's FB emails. I believe Greg Slater testified that KKL had given LE free access to hers, but she had previously deleted all information.

Colorado Judicial Branch - Teller - Cases of Interest - The People of the State of Colorado v. Patrick Frazee
BBM: Interesting in and of itself, huh? Imagine that....she deleted some information? Really?! (Sarcasm intended)

Ashley Franco on Twitter
I’ve been sort of thinking she was initially beaten in the living area and then taken into the bathroom at the end to perhaps make things easier to gather, contain, wrap up (like in the bath tub). Maybe that is why there was blood all over the bathroom. And I know it was said somewhere she was having her period. Even during a really bad period, blood does not end up all over your bathroom. Believe me, this is 35 years of ladyness talking.

I’ve been sort of thinking she was initially beaten in the living area and then taken into the bathroom at the end to perhaps make things easier to gather, contain, wrap up (like in the bath tub). Maybe that is why there was blood all over the bathroom. And I know it was said somewhere she was having her period. Even during a really bad period, blood does not end up all over your bathroom. Believe me, this is 35 years of ladyness talking.

Yeah, I'm not convinced about the bathroom. First, I can't see KB going into the bathroom to play the candle game - and unless it's a spectacularly big bathroom, he would have had difficulty using the bat.

Second, and I have no explanation for this, there was blood on the bathroom ceiling.

KK testified that there were bloody footprints throughout the house and bloody sofa pillows and toys. That sounds to me like the murder was in the living room and the mess in the bathroom was from PF's pathetic attempts to clean up. Remember, he had told KK that a head wound wouldn't be messy. Obviously either KK didn't tell him about how much blood even a 'simple' scalp wound can generate or she did and he didn't believe her.

I think he freaked a bit after the murder - he had unanticipated blood everywhere, including on himself, a baby in the house, and a mother expecting him home with Baby K for Thanksgiving dinner. I think his cleanup attempts (himself) in the bathroom caused the mess.

Except for the blood on the ceiling. The only explanation I have for that is that PF or KK accidentally swung a long-handled Swiffer around and brushed the ceiling.

Yeah, I'm not convinced about the bathroom. First, I can't see KB going into the bathroom to play the candle game - and unless it's a spectacularly big bathroom, he would have had difficulty using the bat.

Second, and I have no explanation for this, there was blood on the bathroom ceiling.

KK testified that there were bloody footprints throughout the house and bloody sofa pillows and toys. That sounds to me like the murder was in the living room and the mess in the bathroom was from PF's pathetic attempts to clean up. Remember, he had told KK that a head wound wouldn't be messy. Obviously either KK didn't tell him about how much blood even a 'simple' scalp wound can generate or she did and he didn't believe her.

I think he freaked a bit after the murder - he had unanticipated blood everywhere, including on himself, a baby in the house, and a mother expecting him home with Baby K for Thanksgiving dinner. I think his cleanup attempts (himself) in the bathroom caused the mess.

Except for the blood on the ceiling. The only explanation I have for that is that PF or KK accidentally swung a long-handled Swiffer around and brushed the ceiling.
Yeah. That court testimony that I posted, had to do with the discovery of blood in the bathroom.

At the time, they believed that Kelsey may have been killed there.

This was before KK appeared, and gave her account to law enforcement.

I believe the blood is attributable to the cleanup efforts by KK, and likely PF as well.

Judge postpones arraignment hearing for Patrick Frazee

SFA:
Berreth, 29, disappeared on Thanksgiving Day, leading to a national search for her. But authorities say that Frazee was to blame, alleging at an evidentiary hearing in February that he covered her head with a sweater and beat her to death in her living room before meeting his family for a holiday meal. He is accused of burning her remains on his ranch a few days later.

KB was killed in her living room, not the bathroom.

JMO.

Very curious as to why these two older men unloaded trash for a much younger and stronger PF while he sat in the truck. He sure is taken care of very well by his friends and family, don’t you think? Not saying that’s a bad thing but still leaves me curious.
I understand loyalty, but I would have thought that his friends might have a little objectivity to know they've only heard one side of the story.

In thinking about the consumptive test, I'm guessing it is DNA, probably something LE suspects is blood, but there may not be enough to first test if it is blood, then test if it is human, then test for DNA evidence or there isn't enough to replicate the DNA. Maybe initial testing has proven it's human blood, but there is not enough for more than one type of test and they know they will need more.

Last edited:
LE clearly intends to prove that PF committed the murder in the condo, made a poor attempt to clean up, drove home, had Thanksgiving dinner, and later that evening, drove directly to RS's ranch and directly back to his home. LE then will try to prove by phone pings only that PF returned to RS's the next day, again driving directly.
CC and PC have both publicly claimed that PF spent the day after KB's disappearance with them, and the pings do nothing to deny that claim.
In cross examination on the 19th of February, the defense asked Investigator Greg Slater if there was anyone at all who saw PF at or near Nash Ranch, at any time. His clear answer was "No." I think it's a sure bet that the defense will revisit this problem in court and that RS, CC and PC will testify. IMO
Again, the tweets from the courtroom are all contained in Thread 39 of this series.

Last edited:
Some of them have shown to be more then loyal imo

Forget we were ever here.....

Indeed.

I can't think of a single time I've ever gone in to the bank and instructed the teller to "forget I was ever there." Can anyone else here?

That statement sounds vaguely threatening to me...the only thing missing at the end is, "or else."

Dude gives me the creeps.

JMO.

I agree, in and of itself, I don't think it's critical. I think in the absence of a body, prosecution may double down on each small piece of evidence.

I continue to be curious about the one item that hasn't been tested yet. It seems to me that if it was 'just' another piece of evidence - another blood spot in the condo, for example - neither side would care much about it. I can't see why defense would be so concerned about the integrity of the testing if it was just one of many pieces of evidence that in and of themselves don't make or break the case.

Whatever it is, the defense seems concerned about it - even with all the evidence that's already out there.

Shifting focus completely: a few weeks ago, some of us were poring through the text messages. One odd one that stood out appeared to be a gmail account for PF, along with password. Very odd: unless possibly KK and PF were going to use a common gmail account to communicate via drafts?

This may be off topic, but I'm racking my brains to remember what case we learned that this was something that escapes documentation. (Of when someone writes a draft in their email, but never sends it, but somebody else logs on to read it and then delete it.) Yet, wouldn't each person these days be determined by their ISP logging on?

LE clearly intends to prove that PF committed the murder in the condo, made a poor attempt to clean up, drove home, had Thanksgiving dinner, and later that evening, drove directly to RS's ranch and directly back to his home. LE then will try to prove by phone pings only that PF returned to RS's the next day, again driving directly.
CC and PC have both publicly claimed that PF spent the day after KB's disappearance with them, and the pings do nothing to deny that claim.
In cross examination on the 19th of February, the defense asked Investigator Greg Slater if there was anyone at all who saw PF at or near Nash Ranch, at any time. His clear answer was "No." I think it's a sure bet that the defense will revisit this problem in court and that RS, CC and PC will testify. IMO
Again, the tweets from the courtroom are all contained in Thread 39 of this series.
Do you have a link to an article that discusses CC and PC claiming that PF spent the day after the murders with them?

I know that CC saw PF shortly before his arrest, but this is the first I’ve heard about them seeing him the day after he killed Kelsey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member