Deceased/Not Found CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #53 *ARREST*

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by GuyfromCanada, Dec 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MassGuy

MassGuy The Monsters Ain't The Ones Beneath The Bed

Prosecutors don’t like to lose, which is why many murder cases don’t go to trial.

They know who did it, but don’t want to risk losing.

This is a no-body case, and an arrest usually takes a long time, if it ever happens.

The speed here speaks to the overwhelming evidence, and that preliminary hearing didn’t let us down.

I’m not the least bit worried. And I’m always worried.

2. JaneEyre

JaneEyre Well-Known Member

I’m guessing KB’s blood was on the swiffer and Clorox bottle at his house. Someone’s blood was, and I’m betting it was hers.

Leader6518, CDB, 24Brix and 14 others like this.
  3. MyBelle

MyBelle Well-Known Member

My concern is that she won't just wreck the case against PF. My bigger concern is the looming child custody battle. Lying to the FBI is a federal crime. Sending those fraudulent text messages impersonating KB also a federal crime.
    Even if it was KB's blood, where is the proof PF placed the blood there?

4. ab01

ab01 "What is done in the dark always comes to light"

And the evidence that has been released so far is only a teeny tiny piece of the pie IMO

Ive never seen a murder trial where the Prosecution lays out all their evidence in a preliminary hearing

There is much, much more

JMO

Leader6518, Chocoholic, CDB and 15 others like this.
  5. JaneEyre

SBM.

Pretty hard to explain that away. The jury will take it into account along with the mountain of other evidence against him. One iffy explanation is one thing, but a dozen will be something else.

6. ab01

Yah I don't think they are going to buy that he was setup JMO

Chocoholic, kimpage, Kapua and 10 others like this.
  7. steeltowngirl

steeltowngirl Well-Known Member

That’s ok. I think we are all good with just leaving KK with no hope.
    Of anything. :)

8. PommyMommy

PommyMommy #ShinelikeShanann

This can't be repeated enough. We have only seen a mountain of evidence. Not the mountain range. MOO

9. Tippy Lynn

Tippy Lynn Well-Known Member

May 24, 2019 - Friday
    • PF - Arraignment - 8:30 am
    Inmate #: 2018001543
    Booking #: 18-02029
    Case #: D602018CR330

CDB, seasky, Hatfield and 17 others like this.
  10. MassGuy

Nothing warms my heart more than seeing him in that green striped jumpsuit, rocking the pink handcuffs.

11. PommyMommy

4 days, 23 hours, 13 minutes for the math fans. :)

12. MassGuy

I’m fully anticipating that nothing unexpected is going to occur, and that he’s going to plead not guilty.

I’m rooting for the opposite though.

Sunny123, CDB, seasky and 17 others like this.
  13. PommyMommy

Same. It will be a trial to remember but I'd be more than happy to miss it to spare the Berreth's the pain. MOO

Chocoholic, Sunny123, CDB and 19 others like this.
  14. ilovechili

ilovechili Well-Known Member

Yup. JP gets sentenced first. And 1 plus 2 makes 4. :)

15. Dave F.

Dave F. Well-Known Member

Someone's blood, or someone's bleach, was in that bottle. I kind of like the obvious first choice that there could be bleach in that bleach bottle, but I'm an obvious kind of guy and IMO.
    We may find out in court, IF they introduce it the bleach bottle as evidence.
    How Luminol Works

16. JaneEyre

Huh? Who suspects there is anything other than bleach IN the bleach bottle? I’m sorry, but I don’t understand this reply at all.

kimpage, Gardener1850, susiQ and 7 others like this.
  17. NWLady

NWLady Well-Known Member

BBM

No, the jury does not have to like KK. However, IMO, the jurors will decide whether they think she is a credible witness or not and whether they believe her testimony, etc. The following link provides some very helpful information regarding witnesses testifying.... Some areas of interest to me have been BBM.

What Makes Witnesses Trustworthy? How Can Reliability Be Called into Question? - Lawyers.com
    It's up to juries to decide how much they believe witnesses who testify at trial. But lawyers may "impeach" witnesses by raising doubts about their credibility or motives.

Witness testimony can be one of the most compelling types of evidence in a trial, especially in criminal cases But some witnesses are more trustworthy or believable than others. And witnesses sometimes contradict each other. In jury trials, it’s up the jurors to decide whether and to what extent they believe any of the witnesses who testified at the trial. They’ll take into account the credibility of the witnesses when they’re deciding their verdict in the case.

Why Is a Witness’s Reliability Important?
    Sometimes, a witness is the only source of a critical piece of information. Even when there’s also physical evidence, witnesses are the storytellers who can explain the evidence and create a coherent narrative that convinces the jury. And juries still place high value on eyewitness testimony, despite all the research on false recollection and cases where defendants were exonerated by DNA evidence after being fingered by eyewitnesses.

What Makes a Witness More or Less Believable?
    Juries may consider many different factors when they’re deciding whether they believe witnesses’ testimony, including:

• Do the witnesses have a personal or financial interest in the case? For instance, do they have a relationship with the crime victim or one of the parties (the defendant or prosecution)?
    • Did the government offer them leniency or immunity for their own possible crimes in return for their testimony?
    • Are the witnesses biased for or against either party?
    • Is the testimony clear, consistent, and convincing?
    • Does other evidence support or contradict what the witnesses said? This could include a witness’s own previous statements that contradict the testimony at the trial.
    • Do the witnesses have a reputation for being honest and trustworthy?
    • Was there anything that hindered the witnesses’ ability to see or hear the events they’re testifying about? Do they have visual or hearing impairments? Were they under the influence of drugs or alcohol at the time?
    • Do the witnesses’ appearance and demeanor support or undermine their credibility? Do they appear uncertain or sure of their testimony? Juries might be less likely to believe witnesses whose age or mental condition suggests memory problems.

18. ab01

Me either I would assume that investigators were well aware what was in the bottle.

I think they were likely suspicious to what may have been on the outside of the bottle

Any experienced forensic investigator knows that bleach will show up similar to blood in a luminol test.

They also likely know that a key difference is that blood will turn fluorescent much quicker than bleach will when luminol is applied

While not 100 percent definitive, its usually a good indicator that its more likely to be blood than bleach

JMO

CDB, Hatfield, kimpage and 10 others like this.
  19. sillybilly

sillybilly WS Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator

ADMIN NOTE:

There is way too much personalizing, snark, sarcasm, and back and forth sniping happening in this discussion. Many posts have been removed.

There are no verified experts in this thread, so everyone's opinion is just that .. an opinion. Websleuths has thousands of members and therefore thousands of different personalities contributing to various discussions. Nobody should be made to feel ganged up on or spoken to condescendingly for expressing their opinion. If you don't agree with an opinion, state your disagreement respectfully and move on without belabouring the point ... and without making anyone else feel their opinion is not important or is just blatantly wrong.

Thread is open again for courteous and respectful discussion.

Last edited: May 20, 2019
  20. MassGuy

On the face of it, she clearly has credibility issues.

She lied to the FBI, she’s admitted to attempting to kill Kelsey on three occasions, and she’s in a relationship with the defendant.

She also admitted to cleaning a bloody crime scene, which is beyond grotesque.

And let’s not forget the fact that she knew Kelsey was going to be killed, and did nothing to prevent it.

The evidence appears to corroborate her account though, and that’s what matters.

Even if the jury discounts much of what she says, she still provides clarity to the rest of the evidence:

Where the crime happened. How it happened. How the deception went down. The solicitation attempts. The storage site. The burn site.

Countless trials have resulted in convictions, based almost entirely on the account of cooperating witnesses.

People who are criminals themselves.

This one has a hell of a lot more evidence, based on the deception that PF wanted to carry out.

Those cell phone records, that footage of him returning to Kelsey’s house; the lies to Doss, law enforcement, and CB.

Not to mention any physical evidence.

That’s why I’m not worried.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.