Deceased/Not Found CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #53 *ARREST*

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by GuyfromCanada, Dec 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. susiQ

susiQ On Time Out

Might I suggest a pink blanket to accompany his "bracelets" to cover that ugly mug of his? I'm also considering sending him a little gift for his court appearances. A lovely pink tie to compliment the rest of his attire :D:p And, I'll leave it at that!

2. Hatch

Hatch Well-Known Member

So now you say you wear a hat and no chaps? I agree I think we are in for at least another 18 months .

3. Hatch

Hatch Well-Known Member

A conviction #1 LWOP I can live with.

Flicka1, Seenit, Stripehaven and 14 others like this.
  4. Hatch

Hatch Well-Known Member

Yep

Flicka1, NoeticSoul, 1&2&3 and 8 others like this.
  5. MassGuy

MassGuy The Monsters Ain’t the Ones Beneath the Bed

Me too. And I have full confidence that will be the result.

6. Hatch

Hatch Well-Known Member

I expect her to have a written order she is in to bad of health to publicly take the stand. Honestly this family has more rabbits in their hat than Houdini !

7. JaneEyre

JaneEyre Well-Known Member

They are prosecuting a crime that took place in IL, no body, feds took over to seek the DP (Yingying Zhang). I think they will win, too.

Flicka1, Seenit, Chocoholic and 13 others like this.
  8. Sweetsbeach

Sweetsbeach Well-Known Member

Nice avatar, but I'm sad for poor Steve. ;)

And on that note...
    What is it PF doesn't seem to have?
    "A clue, a clue!"
    That's right, a clue he's going down.

9. Kapua

Kapua Well-Known Member

I know! @MassGuy and @GordianKnot are tied for Best Avatar today!

10. Kapua

Kapua Well-Known Member

LWOP would be fine with me. MOO

Hatch, Flicka1, Seenit and 15 others like this.
  11. ilovewings

ilovewings Well-Known Member

Me too: definitely. I think going for the death penalty would be a mistake:

Flicka1, Seenit, 1&2&3 and 5 others like this.
  12. k-mac

k-mac Well-Known Member

yes totally
    she is a hard arse.
    that mug shot was like.....come at me *****.....i dare ya!:confused:

moo

13. girlhasnoname

girlhasnoname Well-Known Member

Nothing surprising as expected. The coward is rolling the dice and I doubt we will ever hear one word from his own mouth. He is a narcissistic psychopath IMO.

That's okay, he's locked up tight in the meantime no matter how long it takes.

#JUTICEFORKELSEY

CDB, Flicka1, Seenit and 17 others like this.
  14. girlhasnoname

girlhasnoname Well-Known Member

Yes, the fact that baby K is safe with the Berreth family is the only comfort I can take from this travesty. They will raise her in the same caring and loving home like they did her momma Kelsey and those twisted F's won't be getting anywhere near her IMO.

Moma J, AnnaGrace, Flicka1 and 18 others like this.
  15. MassGuy

MassGuy The Monsters Ain’t the Ones Beneath the Bed

Not-so-bold predictions:

By the time this case ultimately goes to trial, it will be long after the October date they are shooting for (close to a year later).

May doesn’t go for the death penalty.

The judge decides in favor of allowing reporters to live-Tweet the trial.

PF is convicted on all counts, and is sentenced to LWOP.

16. MemPat

MemPat The EARTH without ART is just EH.

I would add:

1. I'm having hat for dinner. This didn't turn out as I thought it would.

2. Mama has to sell the ranchette.

3. PF gets really chubby.

4. Same for Krystal.

5. GK has something funny to say about #4.

Quiltgirl, Flicka1, Seenit and 17 others like this.
  17. gliving

gliving Just the facts, ma'am

Complete motion at link.

https://www.courts.state.co.us/userfiles/file/Court_Probation/04th_Judicial_District/Teller/caseofinterest/2018CR330/002/2019-05-22 22-04-53 Motion for Sanctions.pdf

5. Counsel refers the Court, in a way analogous to an exhibit, to:

6. The above linked website is an archived version of the “Live-Stream” that appeared on KOAA’s website, an identical version, or portions thereof, of which also appeared on other local and national websites at the time of the arraignment and continue to appear online as of the time of the writing of this Motion. All time stamps referred to below are from that website.

7. There was only one camera allowed in the courtroom for the April 5 Arraignment, per court order, so all the feeds, regardless of network, affiliate, or website, were identical.

8. The camera on April 5 was set up immediately behind defense counsel table, as opposed to previous court dates when Expanded Media Coverage was allowed, when the camera was set up next to the jury box, across the courtroom from the defense table.

9. As has been this Court’s practice, before the Court called the case of Mr. Frazee, counsel met with the judge in chambers. During this period, Mr. Frazee was brought into court by Teller County Sheriff Deputies. See 5:58 into the YouTube video. The live stream broadcast for nearly six minutes before Mr. Frazee was in the courtroom. Mr. Frazee appears on camera wearing a striped jail jumpsuit, pink handcuffs, and a bullet-proof vest. Mr. Frazee sits at defense counsel table alone because counsel was in chambers with the judge and opposing counsel. The camera zooms up close on Mr. Frazee’s face before focusing on the pink handcuffs he has been placed in. See 7:05 into the YouTube video.

10. At 8:35 into the YouTube video, counsel enters the courtroom from chambers. Counsel was carrying a piece of paper – work product – with him. It was placed on defense table as counsel sat down and began speaking with Mr. Frazee. The camera immediately zoomed in on the paper. See 8:50 into the YouTube video. Fortunately, the paper was placed with a blank side of the page up.

11. The camera then, in direct violation of the Court’s orders, zoomed in on counsel and Mr. Frazee having a conversation at defense table. See 8:55 into the YouTube video.

12. After opposing counsel entered the room, the camera then zoomed in again; this time, on the papers on the lectern in the middle of the courtroom. See 9:15 into the YouTube video.

13. After moving about the courtroom, the camera then zoomed in on opposing counsel having a private conversation. See 9:59 into the YouTube video.

14. The camera then focused on the defense table, displaying defense counsel’s computer screen, which, again, was work product. See 10:30 into the Youtube video. As counsel and Mr. Frazee spoke privately, the camera zoomed in on counsel and Mr. Frazee from the side. See 10:48 into the YouTube video.

15. The camera, after moving about the bench, then zoomed in on an open book on the Courts’ desk, showing highlights on what appears to be a statute book. See 11:30 into the YouTube video.

16. After the Arraignment, the camera again zoomed in on counsel and Mr. Frazee having a conversation. See 16:35 into the YouTube video.

17. All of the above mentioned instances were in violation of the Court’s orders concerning expanded media coverage, substantially placed into jeopardy Mr. Frazee’s rights to a fair trial, or unduly subtracted from the solemnity of the court and proceedings.

18. Zoom photography of counsel and Mr. Frazee’s conversations was specifically prohibited by the Court’s Order.

19. Zooming in on documents on counsel table, on documents on the lectern, on books on the judge’s bench, or on counsel’s computer all place Mr. Frazee’s right to a fair trial in jeopardy. All examples also detract from the proceedings and the solemnity of the court.

20. Additionally, none of those offenses would have taken place with traditional media coverage.

21. Importantly, none of these breaches of the court’s orders or etiquette at all informed the public of anything of import. Such that there is a balancing test in play, there was nothing of value on the side of expanding media coverage as compared to traditional media coverage that was added, only the possibility of prejudice and actual prejudice.

HayLouise, CDB, Ranchgirl and 15 others like this.
  18. lakelette

lakelette Well-Known Member

I've seen a hearing or trial - can't remember which one - where a camera was aimed at the courthouse emblem on the wall. It was essentially a live audio stream. There is no reason that can't be considered. Live tweeting a three-week or more trial will be a huge burden to both tweet and follow. He's not entitled to privacy in this way and it really bothers me that the judge can't be more creative or flexible.

19. v0x

v0x Well-Known Member

I don’t think the judge has ruled on this motion filed by the defense yet.

ETA attached motion document

Source: Colorado Judicial Branch

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 24, 2019
    CDB, AnnaGrace, Flicka1 and 11 others like this.
  20. ilovechili

ilovechili Where is the wiKKed witch? Will Oct. bring her?

BBM. Good to know. I look for them every time he appears with the pic they get outside on arrival but can never see any... That very well could just be me though... :)

Are they pink too? :)

Flicka1, Seenit, susiQ and 4 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.