Deceased/Not Found CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #53 *ARREST*

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by GuyfromCanada, Dec 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NanZDrew

NanZDrew Well-Known Member

If her health is too bad to take the stand, she is certainly to fragile to take care of a small child.

Flicka1, Daisy47, ab01 and 20 others like this.
  2. Niner

Niner Long time Websleuther

All kinds here:

Embarrassed

3. katydid23

katydid23 Verified Juanette

Flicka1, Daisy47, Kapua and 6 others like this.
  4. GordianKnot

GordianKnot Well-Known Member

Colorado rancher pleads not guilty in killing of fiancee
    SABBM:
    Prosecutors now have 90 days to decide whether to pursue the death penalty for Frazee, a decision which starts by determining whether the case has at least one of over a dozen factors required by state law. Those factors include things like killing someone in an especially heinous way or forming an agreement to kill someone.

District Attorney Dan May did not tell reporters Friday whether he believes any of the factors are applicable in Frazee's case. May said prosecutors will meet with relatives of Berreth and with members of Frazee's defense team before finalizing a decision on whether to seek the death penalty.

Prosecutors have not disclosed theories on why Frazee would kill Berreth.

Man, DA May is an absolute rock star!

Betcha' he's one heckuva poker player, too.

JMO.

Last edited: May 26, 2019
  5. susiQ

susiQ Well-Known Member

Oh, thank you!!

Flicka1, travelbug, MsJosie and 2 others like this.
  6. susiQ

susiQ Well-Known Member

Well, if the case against PF is as strong as we all think, I'd be going for the DP. Why not? Even if it never happens, it's hanging over his head and maybe, just maybe that would be enough for him to give up the location of KB's remains for a little more space in prison while he waits to die.

I guess I have a particular revulsion toward him because of how he "orchestrated" the murder of his daughter's mother, lovely KB. Deceiving her for three long months that "everything's cool", yeah we've got some things to sort out, but don't worry. All the while, conspiring with the pea brain RQ to extinguish KB's life. And how? By deceiving and engaging KB in a "harmless" little game of "guess this scent". Utter betrayal of a defenceless young woman that never could have seen this coming. I picture that creature, with KB quietly waiting, his ugly face grinning with delight as he swung that bat to bring his devilish plan to fruition. A serpent if there ever was one. I honestly can't express what I feel for him and his partner in crime. JMO

7. tmar

tmar Well-Known Member

I am looking forward to some bad news, about both PF and KK.
    It will surely come, as Karma will acknowledge their conniving evilness and reward both with years of misery.
    The trial will greatly affect them both, and I am looking forward to their demise.
    Their sick partnership will be displayed for all to see.
    MOO.

8. Oregon

Oregon Well-Known Member

I hope May goes for the death penalty, especially if it could be used as leverage to recover KB’s remains. I remain hopeful as he gets closer to trial, that PF’s attorney will drill into him the strength and damning power of the photos and spoken testimony. I don’t think he cares about the Berreth family, but he cares about himself. When he’s totally roped and tied and reality sets in I bet he makes a last minute plea.

9. GordianKnot

GordianKnot Well-Known Member

BBM:
    Me, too.

I think this is precisely one of the reasons why DA May has steadfastly refused to rule out the death penalty when asked questions about it by the media.
    It's one of PF's pressure points.

As I've frequently opined here, DA May impresses me as being a very, very, bright guy and a strategic thinker.
    I wouldn't want to play either chess or poker against this man.
    This DA is brilliant.

In addition to looking at whether this murder meets the reqs for making it a capital murder case,
    I'm sure the DA is also weighing the pros and cons to seeking the dp, and mentally making the argument both for and against pursuing it in his own mind.

I know which side of the fence I'm on, and it sounds like you do, too.
    My greatest hope is that when DA May hops off the fence, he'll land in the same spot.
    We'll find out in around 86 days.

Any potential deal with PF in exchange for a guilty plea should absolutely require him to make a full confession in court, including disclosing when/where/how he murdered KB and how/where he disposed of her remains.

Unfortunately, I don't think there's any way PF will plead guilty.
    But if there even the remotest possibility, the only reason he would plead is to save his own leathery hide.
    Because PF's hide is the only thing in this world PF cares about.

JMO.

Last edited: May 28, 2019
  10. Kapua

Kapua Well-Known Member

That's a great option. No media coverage other than tweets is extremely unusual. But worst case, reporters should be able to take notes old school - with pen and paper.

11. Only4Justice

Only4Justice Well-Known Member

Remind me. What photos? TIA

Flicka1, PommyMommy, Dexxie8 and 4 others like this.
  12. susiQ

susiQ Well-Known Member

I'm guessing crime scene photos as in Luminol lighting up the condo? Also, video captured?

13. Ranchgirl

Ranchgirl Active Member

Flicka1, GordianKnot and susiQ like this.
  14. Dexxie8

Dexxie8 Well-Known Member

He killed her Hannible lector style. He has serial killer personality that’s just emerging. Usually I’m on the fence about the death penalty, but in this case I’m leaning towards a favorable death penalty outcome. He’s so sick and twisted.

15. gliving

gliving Just the facts, ma'am

16. susiQ

susiQ Well-Known Member

Thanks for keeping us up to date!

My feelings about the May 27th request:

Mr. Frazee this, Mr. Frazee that,
    Mr. Frazee murdered a beautiful
    young woman,
    with a bat!

And therefore, he deserves no consideration what-so-ever, as to whether or not a camera should be in the court room. He needs to feel as uncomfortable as possible for the rest of his living days. So does RQ KK. Ma F too, for good measure. IMHO.

17. dixiegirl1035

dixiegirl1035 Well-Known Member

18. dixiegirl1035

dixiegirl1035 Well-Known Member

As to the cameras in the courtroom, statutorily iirc, they do not have cameras in the courtroom in Colorado during a trial.

Someone, please correct me if I am incorrect. But that was my understanding from other cases that I have followed that are in Colorado.

19. susiQ

susiQ Well-Known Member

I think they should make an exception for PF (and us) :) Just kidding. I understand rules are rules, but banning tweeting?

20. Kapua

Kapua Well-Known Member

Right...
    This is the USA. The People have a right to rid their communities of vermin such as PF. The accused has the right to a fair trial, but I don't believe he has the right to a private one. MOO

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.