ú

Deceased/Not Found CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #53 *ARREST*

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by GuyfromCanada, Dec 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Noharg

Noharg Well-Known Member

Same! Not sure about asking this, so let’s say I’m not sleuthing so much as wondering how KK is spending her days.

2. Corrupted1967

Corrupted1967 Well-Known Member

Soon court i wonder how pf is gunna plea . As arrogant as he is I figure not guilty . My hope is now that spring is here that Kelsey is found even though that’s likely not to happen

3. susiQ

susiQ Well-Known Member

Yes, I'm guessing "not guilty" as well. He's greatly invested in his delusion that he can get off somehow and continue to delude Ma F and his close "friends", CC and RS, that he's innocent and merely a pawn in KK's murderous plan. JMO

4. CDB

CDB Well-Known Member

I do not see any reason He would plead guilty.

He has a court appointed attorney, so no cost there. If he pleads guilty he is exposed to the same penalty as losing a not-guilty plea. I am not sure he has the capacity to consider a shorter 20 year sentence an incentive. I do not believe he displays any empathy, even for Ma F, so there is no emotional incentive.

At this point I think, like a cornered animal his only instinct is to fight for his life, and fight I do expect him to do. I know we have much evidence that is damning, but we have not really heard anything about how the defense will respond. I suspect we will find a great deal of character defamation in that strategy. Not just towards KK, but KB, and that breaks my heart to think, after her terrible death, her character will be maligned in a public setting.

So put me in for a vote of not guilty, and an expectation of the longest, most drawn out trial he can achieve, it only serves to feed his ego and self importance.

MOO

5. Tippy Lynn

Tippy Lynn Well-Known Member

Agreed.

6. ilovechili

ilovechili Well-Known Member

I agree on the NG plea. I just hope there is a plea as we have been here before and it was postponed/delayed. I do not think I have ever seen a case where the perp was arrested something like six months before, has remained in jail and a plea has yet to even result, wow how things can vary. I also hope no deal is being worked or is the reason for the delays.

What is being done with a decision on how to test whatever evidence and who can be present for testing...? Was that not the basis for the agreement on delaying the plea? Although if I recall correctly, some thought it was the landfill search too which is now over right? Or some results anyhow to come in on something.

Not really asking, I think I know the answers, just talking out loud...

7. MemPat

MemPat The EARTH without ART is just EH.

My great hope is that PF will make a deal to plead guilty so he can be in a prison close to Mama....that or one where the conditions are better.

We have many overcrowded, tumbledown prisons in the South so being assigned to one less cruddy is sometimes a prosecution bargaining tool here. Let's hope that's true in Colorado.

Some of ours have prisoners warehoused in dormitories and I can't imagine that PF would like not having his own space.

I'd love to get this over with even though I will miss you Frazee-hatin' friends!

8. MassGuy

MassGuy The Monsters Ain't The Ones Beneath The Bed

Unfortunately, I agree with you.

It’s “unfortunate,” because of the pain that the Berreth family will have to endure at trial.

Victim bashing, reliving Kelsey’s murder, and the long road to justice.

I remember thinking that Chris Watts would never plead guilty, and was floored when he did. He was every bit the sociopath that PF is.

I don’t think lightning is going to strike twice though.

We’re going to be here a while.

9. Sweetsbeach

Sweetsbeach Well-Known Member

I also agree. Something about the way he acted the days leading up to his arrest...I don't think it occurred to him that KB's disappearance would garner national attention. It's like he thought if he shut up, everyone would eventually move on. I'm sure his inability to accurately assume any perspective other than his own coupled with his arrogance, has him convinced he'll get away with KB's murder. (Insert expletive-filled rant regarding PF here).

10. MassGuy

Yup. I think he thought that without a body, they wouldn’t have a case.

Little did he know that his lies would come back to haunt him, his deception would incriminate him, and his cohort would implicate him.

It’s arrogance mixed with ignorance.

11. OldLadyBlues

OldLadyBlues Well-Known Member

I am assuming PF is still safely tucked away in jail in his green stripes and crocs enjoying his boiled weenies and beans?

12. MemPat

Now I'm dying to know the menu at PF's current location! Which jail is he in?

13. MassGuy

Archonix XJail Public

I don’t think they put their menu online, although I’m sure it’s lovely.

14. MemPat

I just searched at Teller County and they show him there. Is Archonix the same?

15. Dave F.

Dave F. Well-Known Member

The Teller County Detention Center is a significant federal contract holding center for immigration cases, and as such complies with strict federal guidelines for inmate nourishment. The TCDC website describes the cuisine as:
    "You will get three meals a day: breakfast, lunch and dinner. As expected, they are very basic, but healthy. A typical breakfast might be cereal, toast, coffee and fruit. Lunch might be spaghetti, salad, bread and milk. Dinner could be chicken casserole, rice, vegetables, dessert and milk. Contrary to popular belief, prison food has greatly improved over the years, and you might find that it’s not much different from what you would eat at home."
    Teller County Detention Center – Divide, CO

16. MemPat

Best bologna money can buy, I'm betting!

17. MemPat

I've never read an inmate interview that claims "food like home". Ever.

In my home state the administrator of the prison gets to keep any allocated funds that are left over after purchasing food for prisoners. One bought a beach house.

Prisoners claim to get spoiled food very often.

Last edited: May 14, 2019
  18. MassGuy

That’s the name of the computer system. It looks like lots of jails use it.

He’s at Teller.

19. tmar

tmar Well-Known Member

Well, everyone will be back to hear/see this creep, when he pleads NOT GUILTY.
    Then the circus will follow, and we will all be glued to the case, as in the beginning.
    I want to know more about this arrogant creep.
    MOO.

20. Colorado303

Colorado303 Verified Insider Watts Case

Call me a cold-hearted ***** but it bugs me that they get dessert.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.