Deceased/Not Found CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #53 *ARREST*

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by GuyfromCanada, Dec 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GordianKnot

GordianKnot Well-Known Member

That statement gives me pause, too....which is why I'm speculating about the possibility that there may have been a tooth fragment collected from another (larger) piece of evidence from PF's property.

JMO.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2019
    travelbug, Daisy47, Flicka1 and 12 others like this.
  2. Love Never Fails

Love Never Fails Well-Known Member

It would be good though if it is KBs. There was the story KK told of the one tooth she found with the root. If they did burn it and this is a piece of it, that would show she was telling the truth. Of course, it could also be the tooth that was in the envelope in the house. We have wondered whose it is. Still others think it could have attached to the mop or a boot. LE did confiscate some of those things in a search warrant.

I just want them to find KB.

3. GordianKnot

Sadly, I concur.

I do believe that KB's remains are (still) in that landfill.

Unfortunately, the searchers just weren't able to pinpoint the correct search location within the landfill.

JMO.

Sanz, MrsM, Flicka1 and 14 others like this.
  4. Love Never Fails

Love Never Fails Well-Known Member

So you do think she is in that landfill? That has to be a horror of a job to sift through the trash and smell day after day. I just always figure the worst would be PF putting a bullet in her and dumping her where he knows she would never be found. He had the time. I think that is the ultimate cruelty to the family...never knowing where she is.

FromGermany, Flicka1, gitana1 and 6 others like this.
  5. MemPat

MemPat The EARTH without ART is just EH.

I suppose the sliver could have been in his shoes, perhaps in the laces. (Forgive me if 10 people already said this.)

You'd like to think Patrick would have disposed of the crime scene shoes but, after all, this is Patrick the Brilliant Cowboy.

6. MemPat

It could be that this part of the tooth is less likely to contain DNA so, therefore, is less critical.

I'll have to look it up but I thought the interior of a tooth was the most likely spot and not the enamel.

7. susiQ

susiQ Well-Known Member

I sincerely hope you're right, but then why did the prosecution say that the piece that required consumptive testing wasn't as important as they originally thought? If that fragment of tooth came from under the fire pit, it is REALLY an important piece of evidence, wouldn't you say?

8. MemPat

I just learned that it is possible to get DNA from tooth enamel though it is not as rich a source as the pulp.

Enamel often protects the tooth's interior and, therefore, the DNA.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2019
  9. GordianKnot

It's possible that the reason the prosecution said it wasn't as critical as originally thought could be because they recovered larger bone fragments from the burn pit which do NOT require consumptive testing.

That would make the tooth, or piece of a tooth, less critical if it was a much smaller sample, if indeed other, more sizable bone fragments were recovered from the burn site on the property.

JMO.

10. Harmony 2

Harmony 2 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator

11. ab01

ab01 "What is done in the dark always comes to light"

I mean like you I have my doubts, but I think its probably most likely that KB was probably burned and what was left taken to the landfill.

I think we will probably have our answers come trial, As I think investigators do have answers for much of the questions that we have. I think we may be very surprised by parts of KKL's story that LE was actually able to verify without a doubt.

but that's all just my own speculation

MrsM, Flicka1, sassyblue and 7 others like this.
  12. MemPat

That makes perfect sense!

Flicka1, steeltowngirl, NoSI and 5 others like this.
  13. MassGuy

MassGuy The Monsters Ain’t the Ones Beneath the Bed

Correct, and I missed that comment.

There would be no understating its significance.

14. jpo74

jpo74 Well-Known Member

Who else would that partial tooth belong to? we all know she was murdered and hope they can match tooth dna to kelsey to put his nail in his coffin add his momma too

15. Harmony 2

Harmony 2 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator

Flicka1, Beagle and PommyMommy like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.