CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
How long were they together before she got pregnant? Maybe they were just co-parenting, but told her family they were getting married. A cousin of mine did this for a long time because she was afraid our family would be disappointed in her having a failed relationship. Everyone assumed she was happily partnered up and really, they hadn’t lived together ever. Not saying this is definitely the case, but the situation is odd.

don't know if this has been confirmed but a coworker said they met online in early 2016. so they wouldn't have been together long before she got pregnant.

I didn’t know that we had confirmation that PF was listed as father on the child BC?
If he’s listed on child BC, PF may not know or have known that KB couldn’t take his daughter and move closer to her work, (or back to Washington?) which would mean he wasn’t going to be keeping her everyday. It’s obvious he adores his daughter and wants her with him everyday.
He may have thought that KB could do anything she wanted because she’s the mother and she was a good mother.
He may have also thought that it would devastate his mother to not see the child everyday.
In a world with far too many fathers who don’t care about their children, it’s going to be a tragedy IF this one that does seem to care so much for his child, is also a murderer. Moo.
I don't think we know for a fact if PF is actually listed on the BC or not. It's assumed by many that he is because he is referred as the dad but that doesn't mean he is legally listed as such imo.

His name doesn’t have to be on the birth certificate for the court to establish that he is her legal parent. In my state (WA) they call it establishing parentage and it’s essentially a custody case for unmarried parents. All he would need to do is google to see what his rights are...

Did they live together? Did the baby live with him prior to this? I’m not sure he or his mom saw her every day, but he may have and I’m just not sure.
True. You do not have to be the biological parent, but have parented the child.

If this question has been asked and answered I missed it. I don't recall any reports or other info stating that PF has any kind of violent history. No calls for domestic disturbances, no reported domestic violence, no criminal record or anything else that would suggest he is capable of doing any of the things that would have to be done in a worst case scenario here. In past cases, during times like we are in here or after an arrest has been made we usually learn about the deep, dark past of the suspect or the person arrested for commiting the crime. There are certain things that can't be kept from LE or anyone else for that matter. I am trying to get my head around the idea that someone could go from no violent history or tendencies directly to what possibly happened in this situation. Has there been any discussions about this?

Happy to provide the links ... but that would go far outside this crime thread.

These two came from different social circles. Each is attractive and vibrant.

Historical US context always involves this third party love interest. It is a rare domestic situation that does not.

In my personal lifetime ... I can not recall a single break-up of my friends marriages that did not involve a third party interest.

Not a one.

LE always looks for it. Cause it leads them to motive and the trigger.

In a few days, if the search does not hit pay sand .... LE will bring one or more of these interests into focus.

A good oil engineer knows what he drilling in and what is next.

So does LE

Makes perfect sense. Whats to argue about that?

I think if it was him, he did drive to Idaho to ping her phone to support his alibi. I also think they won’t find her in Colorado. I think he would have taken her to Idaho to further support his alibi. I think he told the mother Kelsey broke up with him Thanksgiving and was going to Idaho and that’s why he didn’t report her missing. I bet the text from her phone to his is something about their supposed breakup. The mom isn’t buying the break up story. They need to look in Idaho I believe. But where!?!
Just me, I am no way driving hundreds of miles with a dead body in the car.

If this question has been asked and answered I missed it. I don't recall any reports or other info stating that PF has any kind of violent history. No calls for domestic disturbances, no reported domestic violence, no criminal record or anything else that would suggest he is capable of doing any of the things that would have to be done in a worst case scenario here. In past cases, during times like we are in here or after an arrest has been made we usually learn about the deep, dark past of the suspect or the person arrested for commiting the crime. There are certain things that can't be kept from LE or anyone else for that matter. I am trying to get my head around the idea that someone could go from no violent history or tendencies directly to what possibly happened in this situation. Has there been any discussions about this?
Chris Watts, Scott Peterson and many others had no violent history reported, until they became violent.
Abusive men use violence for their own gratification and control.
Men who kill once only do it for practical purposes. MOO

I've never actually watched a full episode of his show, but I saw a clip from when he had Shanda Sharer's mother and sister on to confront one of Shanda's killers who had just been released from jail, and it was both heart-wrenching and painfully awkward to watch. I really hope KB's case has a much happier ending...but it doesn't look good.
Nope. Not looking good at all.

Maybe this was talked about earlier. i was gone most of the day but do you guys think Doss put up the 25k?

Nope nobody knows. Nothing even remotely negative is being leaked out about PF. For some reason this guy is clean as a whistle. Things that make you go hmmmm......

Scott Peterson and Chris Watts for instance, had no prior criminal records or reports of domestic violence.

There are countless others.

Violence requires no previous pattern of violent behavior.

ETA: What the hell @Jennifer17

Same examples and I didn’t even read your post.

I didn’t know that we had confirmation that PF was listed as father on the child BC?
If he’s listed on child BC, PF may not know or have known that KB couldn’t take his daughter and move closer to her work, (or back to Washington?) which would mean he wasn’t going to be keeping her everyday. It’s obvious he adores his daughter and wants her with him everyday.
He may have thought that KB could do anything she wanted because she’s the mother and she was a good mother.
He may have also thought that it would devastate his mother to not see the child everyday.
In a world with far too many fathers who don’t care about their children, it’s going to be a tragedy IF this one that does seem to care so much for his child, is also a murderer. Moo.
I don't think it's obvious he adores his daughter. I feel like he's been kind of using her as a human shield. Maybe that is unfair, but did she really need to go with him to his criminal defense attorney's office? It just feels like he is carrying her around so he either looks like an adoring father or so that reporters will look like really terrible people if they get too aggressive or fire accusatory questions while he is carrying his innocent young daughter.

Scott Peterson and Chris Watts for instance, had no prior criminal records or reports of domestic violence.

There are countless others.

Violence requires no previous pattern of violent behavior.

ETA: What the hell @Jennifer17

Same examples and I didn’t even read your post.
What can I say? Great minds comes to mind.

I don't think it's obvious he adores his daughter. I feel like he's been kind of using her as a human shield. Maybe that is unfair, but did she really need to go with him to his criminal defense attorney's office? It just feels like he is carrying her around so he either looks like an adoring father or so that reporters will look like really terrible people if they get too aggressive or fire accusatory questions while he is carrying his innocent young daughter.
Totally agree. It is like he is carrying that poor child around and telling everyone 'Look at me, I am such a nice guy'. Fake as anything.

Sorry! I couldn't remember the final story on who picked up the baby. In some articles it says she dropped the baby off but in others I thought it said he picked the baby up from her.
(According to what PF said, as stated by Kelseys mom.) I know LE would not say where the location was but I wondered if they even stated which one dropped the child off.
This has probably been answered already, but since you asked...nevermind the articles. There are too many versions of the story to count. o_O
  • LE says according to PF, he picked up the baby in the afternoon, location unknown.
  • Our VI, Kelsey's Aunt, says according to PF, he picked up the baby at Kelsey's house.
By the time you read this, it could change.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member