CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #8

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by GuyfromCanada, Dec 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oviedo

oviedo Well-Known Member

I don't think they have footage of someone waiting in the parking lot - I think someone could have been waiting for her - I find it odd they are not releasing video of her exiting the store and wonder why this is? We don't know what led them to get the sealed search warrant either. Something must have come up in their investigation but it took awhile for them to get it? JMO

Madison418 and kkdj like this.

2. Charlot123

Charlot123 Well-Known Member

My first explanation would be, something Adventists eat. They have own diet, and KB could have asked mom for a vegan recipe of something. This is what some people would not necessarily explain on TV, because it is own religion, and the explanation would be too long.

susiQ, Jethro4WS, Kapua and 1 other person like this.
  3. Gunslinging Granny

Gunslinging Granny Well-Known Member

Her mom stated that on her non-edited interview. It scares me to think that Kelsey may have gotten in PF's truck on Thanksgiving to go to a rural forest to search for a Christmas tree with an axe.

4. Jethro4WS

Jethro4WS Well-Known Member

The digital trail for Kelsey would be more difficult to follow since they do not have her phone - as far as we know. Nowadays, most text communications go via apps rather than as SMS messages. As such, those messages are sent over the cellular network as encrypted data and law enforcement would have to look through phone company records of data usage as opposed to SMS messaging which is not only much easier but the message itself is not encrypted and you can determine who the parties are that are exchanging the messages.

A default app like iMessage would be a virtual black box without having the phone.

5. Snow Flower

Snow Flower Well-Known Member

PF had a head start. Ten days to get rid of all posts online. Ten days to get rid of any evidence. That’s one reason it’s hard to get a feel for what he’s really like. But I believe in miracles. Everyone messes up somehow. He’s a decent looking guy. I doubt if Kelsey is the only woman he has dated. Someone knows his temperament. It will come out. A 25,000 reward here at Christmas is a good motivator.

Moonracer, MrsM, GarAndTeed and 8 others like this.
  6. Mom24

Mom24 Well-Known Member

I've sleuthed around some and it's been difficult. The online court records in CO only go back 6mos, so for the past 6mos he's had no interactions with the courts. The local newspapers don't have searchable archives, so I'm stymied there.
    It seems from a generalized search that he's always lived in that house with his family. He doesn't have a large social media presence. His FB is really locked down so it's hard to get anything from that.

7. Gardener1850

Gardener1850 Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)

BBM. But it was the reverse of that--

1. He got into the truck at the attorney's office without a jacket.
    2. Then he was photographed wearing a jacket inside his truck.
    3. He drove to his gate (reporter followed) and got out to close the gate and order the reporter to leave and he did not have his jacket on.

It's probably nothing, but is driving me crazy now... :confused:o_O:oops:

8. Kapua

Kapua Well-Known Member

Cell phone records will tell the tale. LE already knows much more than we do. They know, for example, if there was any activity initiated on her cell phone between Nov. 22 and Nov. 25 - did she make any calls, send any texts, or read her email (not sure if LE can check that w/o the actual phone). PF also voluntarily allowed LE to search his cell phone. I'd bet that he'd scrubbed it, but I wonder if they have access to his call history. If LE had probable cause to search his residence, did the search warrant include his cell phone records? It was sealed, but it seems highly likely.

9. Tippy Lynn

Tippy Lynn Well-Known Member

We don’t even know if he knew she was missing. With what little known facts we have regarding either one of them or their relationship it’s hard to say he knew she was missing.
    jmo

10. Mom24

Mom24 Well-Known Member

CB said this in an interview with GMA I think? It was part of the conversation they had on the 22nd.

11. Charlot123

Do you know what is their local newspaper? Rodeo or whatever? I can try in the evening.

12. Mom24

Mom24 Well-Known Member

He knew after a week of no contact and not returning to pick up her baby that she was missing.

13. justaparent

justaparent Well-Known Member

They possibly found the receipt from her store purchases and have probably matched it up with a card purchase if she did not pay cash.

The things she purchased might make it obvious what she was planning to cook that day or show she was doing regular shopping. If regular shopping for multiple days, it could indicate she didn’t plan to take any kind of trip.

I often go to the store on holidays when I know it won’t be very busy and could see someone doing that when they are with a baby that might get fussy.

14. justaparent

justaparent Well-Known Member

I agree that it is odd but we don’t know if she typically left the baby for long periods of time. It doesn’t seem likely but I don’t think anyone has clarified that.

gliving, Jethro4WS and Tippy Lynn like this.
  15. Snow Flower

Snow Flower Well-Known Member

CB bringing up Christmas decorations is interesting. The fact that she may have gone with him and the baby deep into the forest to look for a tree is a possibility.

16. oviedo

oviedo Well-Known Member

He locked his FB down after one of our sleuthers gathered some info from it- I posted it yesterday

17. BRRI

BRRI Well-Known Member

Yes, 32

18. Mom24

Mom24 Well-Known Member

The local newspaper seems to be the Pikes Peak Courier and the Colorado Springs Gazette.

19. Charlot123

Imagine a different situation. Could be even an accident. A tree falling on her.

ETA. For some reason I believe it was pretty bloodless.

Kapua likes this.
  20. Tippy Lynn

Tippy Lynn Well-Known Member

Isn’t that when her mom reported her missing? Maybe her mom told him she was going to report her missing so he didn’t. I don’t believe we know if there was a plan in place when KB was picking up the baby.
    Like I said, we have very few known facts.
    jmo

gliving, susiQ and Jethro4WS like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.