CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #8

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by GuyfromCanada, Dec 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ultra Violet

Ultra Violet . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

I’m a little behind, but regarding KB carrying her baby in the carrier. KB’s mom commented on it on camera. Here’s a link and comment I made in a previous thread.

Second video in the story, starting about 7:20 :
    Mother of missing Woodland Park woman hopes for her safe return

Direct link to video :

Toward the end of this video, CB was asked about the video of her daughter in Safeway. Before being redirected by the reporter, she spent some time discussing how she has seen a lot of comments about a baby that age being held in a carrier, how the baby was actually a lighter baby and KB was strong.

cass523, haven71, MerBeach and 6 others like this.

2. Mom24

Mom24 Well-Known Member

Ohh! I didn't know that. I just assumed he kept it private all along or like most men didn't post much.

3. BRRI

BRRI Well-Known Member

I’m not sure about pilots specifically, but I can tell you that you would be surprised as to who passes the government background checks. Especially for the highest levels of clearance. And who is allowed to keep them even after mental breakdowns (hospitalized) and threats of violence at the workplace

4. 1mtroyal

1mtroyal Well-Known Member

Yes, the road up to the green gate could easily be a private road, but probably not his private road. All the press needed to do was see whose land it was, get permission from that landowner and the press could easily return and PK could not run them off. I wonder how PK got anything UPS or Fedex with his gate locked.

5. Mae’s Friend

Mae’s Friend Active Member

I would assume that by now LE has gathered data from her home and work computers. These may show communications with others regarding her holiday plans or hopes, her relationship with PF, etc.... Not having her phone is a problem. Keep in mind that if anyone close to her, including PF, deleted email or messages on and after 11/22,,those may be recoverable. I would not read too much into the precise words used by local law enforcement. This probably is the biggest case the chief has handled in terms of national news exposure.

6. Charlot123

Charlot123 Well-Known Member

Yes, but it they truly broke up, the longer she misses, the better is his chance of getting the sole custody, or win in a custody battle.

The call from ID throws it all off, though.

Moonracer likes this.
  7. cody22

cody22 Well-Known Member

I wonder if LE took PF's Mother's phone during their search of their home ?

8. Irmese

Irmese Well-Known Member

Why should they talk to the media? Except for asking people to look for her, there's not much more they can say. Her family has been bashed on SM.

9. jillianelaine

jillianelaine Former Member

Curiousobserver likes this.
  10. justaparent

justaparent Well-Known Member

Technically, they wouldn’t be cutting in a national forest (unless there’s something different about laws in Colorado). Most go to tree farms where getting in and out with a tree is easy.

tictoc, gliving, Gardener1850 and 2 others like this.
  11. allboys

allboys Well-Known Member

I’m really surprised at myself for not remembering this until now. I guess it’s because it was 20 years ago. My SIL (husband’s sister) and BIL were living in Colorado Springs. They were newly weds with a new baby, and no family support nearby, as they had moved from the Midwest just 1-2 years prior. My BIL was an alcoholic and verbally abusive. Can’t remember the exact timing, but it was sometime near Thanksgiving, but before Christmas...my SIL had had enough and up and left with the baby. My guess is she did this when my BIL was not home to prevent her from leaving. Had he known she was leaving, I’m not sure how things would have gone. They had a very volatile relationship and the stress of having a baby, sent things to a new level.

Anyway, obviously I can’t know if there were any similarities to KB and PF’s situation...other than to know that KB also had a baby, and also did not have family nearby. I guess it just makes me wonder more about what others have posed about the possibility that she had just told PF that she was thinking about or planning to move with the baby. And PF snapped.

I know that her mom’s comments do not go along with a scenario like this...but that means nothing to me, for various reasons.

Anyway, this is just a thought I had based on a personal family experience. Nothing more than that. And I guess the only other thing I’d share is that when I was super emotional around the holidays (with young babies) and having troubles with my DH...I never told anyone. I have lots of friends and family. But I keep most of my troubles to myself. BTW, I don’t suggest trying this at home. ;)

12. Kapua

Kapua Well-Known Member

IMHO, it would be extremely unusual for a mother to leave her 15-month-old child with her father for one week without any contact.

13. Gunslinging Granny

Gunslinging Granny Well-Known Member

I'd like to read on how the US Air Force and the contractor who trains their pilots (Kelsey's employer) are allegedly incompetent with their background checks. Do you have any links?

14. Kapua

Kapua Well-Known Member

She left with the baby. This IMHO, is what a mother would do.

15. Charlot123

Charlot123 Well-Known Member

I would like to know who broke up with whom.

My felling is, if women broke up with PF before, then this woman, KB, and a child is the only potential hope for a family for PF, in his mind. And then, if KB, the mother of his child breaks up with him, then the kid is closest hope for the family. And if PF he is the primary parent, the daughter grows up, loves him, smiles at him. He gets very emotionally attached. "At least someone loves me". He is desperate to not give away the kid if KB breaks up with him, and it is not the money issue, it is insecurity, and loneliness.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2018
    MerBeach, GarAndTeed, gitana1 and 2 others like this.
  16. Gunslinging Granny

Gunslinging Granny Well-Known Member

It would extremely unusual for a mother to go on a vacation to visit her family and not take her toddler who the family is very eager to see.

17. Tippy Lynn

Tippy Lynn Well-Known Member

We need Joe Kenda on this case. :D

18. Jethro4WS

Jethro4WS Well-Known Member

He might not have been aware that she was missing until Kelsey's mother called him. If their relationship had been broken for any significant amount of time then Kelsey may not have believed it would be any of PF's business as to her whereabouts, plans, who she might be with, etc. We simply do not know what the situation was.

19. jillianelaine

jillianelaine Former Member

and how strange to send a text, rather than call

MerBeach, GarAndTeed, gitana1 and 3 others like this.
  20. allboys

allboys Well-Known Member

I don’t think KB intentionally went anywhere without her baby. MOO

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.