CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #8

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by GuyfromCanada, Dec 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PrairieWind

PrairieWind Verified Attorney

You can cut a tree in the National Forest if you get a permit.

haven71, MerBeach, Wsimm and 7 others like this.

2. Tippy Lynn

Tippy Lynn Well-Known Member

Exactly - we just don’t know at this point.

3. Kapua

Kapua Well-Known Member

I have knowledge in this area. Government civilians and contractors fill out a form called an SF-86. You can probably find one if you Google. Checks are conducted at different levels depending upon what level of clearance is required for the individual. If your job requires a clearance such as Secret or Top Secret, adjudicators interview your family and friends. If you only require a standard background check, they check law enforcement records, passports, and banks. One thing they are looking for is if you have lied or omitted any information.

4. SausagePizza

SausagePizza Well-Known Member

I wonder if besides the verbal custody agreement there was also some type of financial agreement? and somebody was always falling short? Money or lack of can be a source of major problems.

cody22 likes this.
  5. Kapua

Kapua Well-Known Member

And not call or text her mother.

PommyMommy and Gardener1850 like this.
  6. Plumeria5

Plumeria5 Well-Known Member

I haven't been able to keep up with all the posts but I just watched the interview with CB and one part of it stuck out to me...when she was asked if she had seen her granddaughter this trip. CB also said she was surprised that KB hadn't done her hair yet (video at Safeway). May mean nothing but KB must be one that rarely goes out without being done up and CB implied that was unusual. And, yes, as some of you have also picked up on, the Christmas tree.

PommyMommy, Wsimm, tictoc and 4 others like this.
  7. jillianelaine

jillianelaine Former Member

Coy because the recipe might have confirmed that Kelsey had Thanksgiving plans with someone else..... A turkey, a ham...

8. Beamer15

Beamer15 Well-Known Member

I found CB’s statement at the 5:41 mark on the interview to be strange. They asked if she had seen her granddaughter... her reply? Not on this trip. ??? That is so bizarre to me, which means she hasn’t seen or talked to PF either? Wow he would have been the very FIRST person that I spoke to as a mother of a missing daughter.

9. Charlot123

Charlot123 Well-Known Member

I also would like to know how soon she returned to work. Think of breastfeeding and flying. If the baby was formula-fed, it might indicate that PF's family was immensely attached to the baby.

10. Gunslinging Granny

Gunslinging Granny Well-Known Member

It appeared to me that PF wasn't answering Kelsey's mom's phone calls.

11. Jethro4WS

Jethro4WS Well-Known Member

In rural areas, FedEx and UPS very often leave the "last mile" delivery to the US Postal Service. That is, the packages go to the post office and they either end up in a P.O. box there if it is large enough, delivered to the mail box if small enough, or the customer gets a notice in their mailbox that they have to come to the post office to pick up the package.

12. The 13th

The 13th Well-Known Member

13. SausagePizza

Has there been any evidence that they at least hung out together at other times or other Holidays?

charminglane and cattlekate like this.
  14. WhimsicalWillow

WhimsicalWillow All of my posts are MOO & accuracy not guaranteed

I think it depends on how well she trusted him, his routine his schedule was, how her work schedule was, and (if they were broken up) how amicable the break up was.

I can imagine a man, who worked long hours, not communicate with the mother for a week so I can also imagine a woman who worked long hours, as KB was known to, not communicate for a week. I’m a woman in my 20s and people in my peer group who are working mothers get very busy. It happens.

Also, some break ups are the opposite of amicable. They may have only communicated about “pick ups and drop offs” for the child. I’ve known of some parents who’ve had divorces that only communicate to each other through a lawyer basic things about their child. I had a childhood friend whose divorced parents only communicated to each other through a third party.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2018
    Deleted member 155000 likes this.
  15. Gardener1850

Gardener1850 Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)

It seems there are conflicting stories on how and where PF got baby K from Kelsey. We don't really know at this point. If I were placing bets, I would bet KB and her purse and phone went with the baby to his mom's house (the property LE searched) and something happened there OR shortly before she reached there (and perhaps only her phone traveled onto the property briefly before being turned off). The reason I suspect this is they had to have probable cause to search the property. With so many of PF's family being LE, they are not going to serve a warrant with weak probable cause. It had to be something strong placing Kelsey there around the time she went missing. Kelsey's phone pinging on the property on the afternoon of Nov 22 would be strong probable cause. JMO.

16. Beamer15

Beamer15 Well-Known Member

wow. Just wow. She is way nicer than I would be. I am the mother of a 30 yr old daughter. If he wouldn’t take my calls I would find him personally.

17. Snow Flower

Snow Flower Well-Known Member

CB is a very strong woman with a deep faith that’s impressive. There are a couple of places, in the video from channel 5 upthread, where she gets real. The one that tells the truth about her relationship with PF is when she says she hasn’t seen the baby this time and doesn’t know if she will. That upsets her, as it would any grandmother. He’s controlling her like he may have controlled KB. Why do that? Is the baby scratched or bruised? A couple of my kids were speaking in 3 word sentences by 10 months. This baby is 14 months. Did she see something? Otherwise why not let Grandma see the baby, even through an advocate? Big red flag!

18. Esma

Esma Well-Known Member

When her mother was interviewed and mentions her needing a recipe, but doesn’t elaborate, and says a dinner out was a possibility, but doesn’t elaborate- what could these two things need to be secretive? I fully think Kelsey told her what her plans were. When you talk to a relative at a distance on a holiday the first thing you discuss is what everyone is doing for their holiday.

19. SausagePizza

Seems like the whole relationship between everybody is weird.

20. WhimsicalWillow

WhimsicalWillow All of my posts are MOO & accuracy not guaranteed

We don’t know how close CB and PF were or if they’ve even met before.

It’s frustrating how many unknowns there are.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.