CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #9

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by GuyfromCanada, Dec 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beamer15

Beamer15 Well-Known Member

Good thought. He would have had to do a few searches on Google, or was caught on camera in a store buying tarps and duct tape (example) - since the warrant is sealed no details are released from the search. Did LE process her townhouse? Her vehicles? CO LE does intentionally keep all details quiet. They probably have been watching PF very closely since 12/2 when CB reports KB missing

Gardener1850, susiQ, cody22 and 2 others like this.

2. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy

On this date, I'm quite confident that CB's words have been carefully crafted to protect her grandchild, the investigation, and locate KB. Latest report cites that the CB even requested the Aunt's (CB sister) public posts that the couple broke up on Thanksgiving, and KB traveling to Soap Lake, WA allegedly to visit ailing grandmother, be taken down. Perhaps this request also explains the absence of VI. MOO

Police reveal missing Colorado mom left freshly baked cinnamon rolls in her kitchen | Daily Mail Online

JEM1975, MrsM, therion20 and 22 others like this.
  3. jillianelaine

jillianelaine Former Member

Did Kelsey's Aunt state that Kelsey and her boyfriend had broke up? If so, is there reason to doubt this is true?

4. Jennifer17

Jennifer17 Former Member

Yes. This.

5. PommyMommy

PommyMommy #ShinelikeShanann

Sam Kraemer on Twitter
    Good question. The neighbor left to have Thanksgiving with family. I'm not sure after that

(In reply to a tweet asking, "Did she return home later that day? For ex: were all 3 vehicles there at 7 pm?")

kimpage, Alcina, gliving and 9 others like this.
  6. 1wonderleads2another

1wonderleads2another Well-Known Member

That possibility and having the phone travel by being placed on semi or a random passing car has been mentioned too (with texts prewritten to be sent 12 hours later) (as opinions only)

But why would phone last pinged right after texts were sent, wouldn’t it keep pinging? At least for a while? That’s where I get stuck on this theory ...timing is too neat and tidy imo. I think someone (KB or another person) brought phone to Idaho sent texts then destroyed it.

cody22, scdiv, cattlekate and 4 others like this.
  7. PommyMommy

We don't know what time the texts were sent or that the phone pinged right afterward.
    MOO

8. tmar

tmar Well-Known Member

Wouldn't Kelsey be aware of PF's angry character?
    Wonder if there was violence in their relationship?
    If Kelsey was planning to leave, she may have considered
    he would be angry (because of the child).
    So perhaps her disappearance, is not due to a break up, on 22 Nov,
    as she would be wary not to have him lose his temper.
    MOO.

MrsM, LAHOLLA and NoClouseau like this.
  9. jillianelaine

jillianelaine Former Member

Its easy to confuse fact with fiction. Can someone clarify the following for me.
    1. Did the Aunt claim Kelsey and her boyfriend had broke up?
    2. Did the Mother claim the two had a loving relationship, never alluding to a break-up?
    3. What date did the mother call the boyfriend before reporting Kelsey missing?
    4. What date did the employer receive the text stating Kelsey would be gone for a week?

10. Jethro4WS

Jethro4WS Well-Known Member

But also, it is possible that the neighbor has been reading up and following the case and has seen the existing timeline published and what the neighbor remembers is influenced by that. Now, if it is the case that the neighbor had shared this information with police prior to December 10th when the timeline with the specific time for the Safeway sighting came out then I would consider this credible information.

gliving, sassyblue and cody22 like this.
  11. Charlot123

Charlot123 Well-Known Member

In this case, who is an ex? Who is a love object?

We all look at PF and assume, assume, assume. That he probably had another love interest. That he cheated on Kelsey.

Sleuthers, look at him and look at Kelsey.

He is 32, unmarried, (not even) an owner of a tiny farm, selling dogs, born in this area and never planning to move. Maybe he had the energy for Rodeo but in life, he is passive and unambitious.

She is 29, beautiful, a pilot. She, too, grew up on a hay farm, in a religious community, and was educated in a local college, but she got wings and her career was going up ascending. She was a pilot, working long hours. She was a young mom. She managed it all. Do you think men in her aviation school did not notice her? Did not ask her out? Think twice.

So my bet would be, it was Kelsey who might have developed new love interest. And I am almost positive she broke up with PF, not sure that on Thanksgiving, perhaps earlier.

Now what happened next, falls into my 85/15. 85% is that he got very angry and killed her because he was jealous and afraid of new people in his daughter's life.

15%, he did not kill her, something else happened, but is so angry with Kelsey that he doesn't care what happened to her. In his mind, the sooner she is out of his child's life, the better.

But the presence of "someone else" in the story might be the reason why people are so strangely mum when it comes to Kelsey. Even the most verbal of her family, her BIL, produced a lot of words, but basically, said only that she was warm and had poor sense of humor. Nothing about her today's life?

I wonder if the reason for this silence is some uncomfortable situation (the person still married or freshly divorced is the first thing that comes to mind, but maybe something totally different).

But I think that there is more to the story than we know. And I am almost positive that PF's love life, if he has it, has little to do with it.
    I think it is minuscule, I think he struggles financially and I suspect that his biggest fear is losing the child.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2018
    Siri3, Wsimm, cody22 and 4 others like this.
  12. Jethro4WS

Jethro4WS Well-Known Member

1. yes
    2. yes
    3. 12/2/2018
    4. 11/25/2018

13. 1wonderleads2another

1wonderleads2another Well-Known Member

True but it was still a mundane detail that the neighbor in all likelihood saw many many times before. With all the distractions of the holiday it’s even more likely to be a false memory. PF had legitimate reasons to be at KBs house on a regular basis. (It’s possible neighbor’s memory could have been from Thanksgiving 2017) Human memory is very complicated. The TV show Brain Games often shows the many ways people remember things wrong or their memory adds details that don’t exist .

14. Jennifer17

Jennifer17 Former Member

Men having a good woman, beautiful and accomplished does not seem to me, to prevent them from cheating.
    We have seen it again and again. Chris Watts and Scott Peterson are the obvious examples.

MrsM, pilipala, kimpage and 17 others like this.
  15. PommyMommy

I hope you're not including me in "we" because I've never assumed either one of them had another love interest. They may have. Who knows?

He is not the owner of the farm, his mother is. He lives with her.

Because men noticed her, she developed a new love interest? o_O

The sooner she is out of "his child's" life?

Wow.

MrsM, JEM1975, pilipala and 17 others like this.
  16. alucardsdream

alucardsdream Well-Known Member

It could be that neither one of them have a new love interest, but perhaps PF got jealous about attention KB may have been getting from other men. A text message here and there or working later than planned could come across as suspicious to a partner if they're looking for signs of cheating, even if there was nothing going on. I don't know if we'll ever know for sure at this point.

17. MassGuy

MassGuy The Monsters Ain’t The Ones Beneath The Bed

I don’t think we even know enough about either of them, much less the particulars of their relationship, to even venture an educated guess here.

Most cases are pretty easy in this regard, as we generally have quite a bit of information to work with.

We’re flying blind here.

JEM1975, MerBeach, Cherokee and 9 others like this.
  18. Kapua

Kapua Well-Known Member

Yes she did. But then she removed the posts and we don't know why. So there's that.

19. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy

Or more likely the fact that KB and PF both have red trucks!! KB's red truck is probably seen more often parked by neighbor as KB reportedly drives her sedan commuter to work.

Gardener1850, cody22, Kapua and 2 others like this.
  20. tmar

tmar Well-Known Member

Thank you Nan for that beautiful story.
    After reading about the way PF handled horses and dogs, your story comes at a great time.
    Animals certainly react well to affection.
    I know, how my many pets adore me over the years, and it is due to the love they receive.
    I have my little one, next to me on a one seated sofa, as she must be touching me continually, with balancing my laptop on my knees.

Guess

MrsM, sloane7777, Cherokee and 7 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.