CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #58

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forgive me but that confuses me. If storage was only 3 to 4 days, how is it that they have ANY stills of him that day? Iirc it wasn't till later than that LE spoke to the neighbour about video. Sorry if I'm misremembering. Could someone clarify for me?

No, LE has never explained how they found nothing, and then had a picture. Perhaps an explanation will come when that evidence is introduced. IMO

I’ve been thinking about the treatment facility that KB went to. I know her friend mentioned it. I’m curious about the records from the facility. If they show KB’s intake and maybe show details she may have shared about PF and his family’s treatment of her? Any thoughts?? I’m trying to guess if they may put someone from the facility on the stand if it proves PF’s mental abuse of KB???

This is going to be one of the biggest sticking points with the jury, I believe. They will wonder, like most of us do, why the heck she agreed to go clean up his mess.

Why not call the Woodland Park PD and report the crime scene? She hadn't done anything illegal yet, and he would have been arrested, and thus unable to harm her daughter.

This decision by her, to answer his call and drive down there to help him cover his crimes, is going to bother the jury, big time.

I HOPE the jury comes to a similar conclusion as many of us have, which is that her plea deal was a necessary evil, to make certain the young child was kept safely away from the Franch, forevermore.
well I hate to say it, but KK is a bit of a victim of PF also. A willing and complicit victim for sure, but he really knows how to zero in on what makes a person tick and use that to get what he wants. SHe's def not innocent, but he knew how to make her jump...and she was more than happy to do so over and over again.

well I hate to say it, but KK is a bit of a victim of PF also. A willing and complicit victim for sure, but he really knows how to zero in on what makes a person tick and use that to get what he wants. SHe's def not innocent, but he knew how to make her jump...and she was more than happy to do so over and over again.
Not sure if she's a victim. I need more info I guess. She seemed a little too eager for kb's demise.

I’m not sure we’ll find out her true reasoning for not calling LE.

She had already made trips there to murder KB, although it didn’t happen. She might have felt that she was already deep into it (duh) and he likely made threats that convinced her he’d drag her into any investigation, threatening what he’s inferring now, that she was behind it all.

I still think she had more to do with this than we will never know. But I also think he planned for KK to truly be the murderer, she just didn’t follow through on his orders.

JMO
I totally agree here...then he comes out looking like this wonderful dad that so many women desire...even to the point of murder. what a catch he would be...
<<throws up>>

Even though my sympathies often lie with women who are manipulated by men, I feel less of that for KK.

Women who have been isolated by abusive men, kept away from their loved ones with no access to money are really in a box.....women tied to those men with children, even more so.

KK has essentially lived many miles from PF, surrounded by family and economically independent of him, with no shared children (I guess).

She's had every opportunity to eliminate him from her life and once he shared the murder fantasies, she could have cut off contact....even changed her phone number.....Wait! even called the police!

If she was confused, the hospital she works for has psychologists and psychiatrists at the ready.

I'm never going to see her as a victim.

Preparing for next week’s witnesses, I made a list of places and names to help remind myself. All are from warrants and / or MSM. Not perfect by far, but sharing with you all, feel free to scroll and roll if it’s not useful.

STATE V. FRAZEE: VICTIM, DEFENDANT
Kelsey Berreth - missing, presumed deceased, victim
Patrick Frazee - former boyfriend of Kelsey, defendant in murder trial

KEY WITNESS
Krystal Jean Kenney Lee - former girlfriend of Frazee, guilty plea deal to felony tampering

COURT
Scott Sells - Judge
Dan May - District Attorney
Jennifer Viehman - prosecutor
Jeremy Loew - PF original defense attorney
Adam Steigerwald - PF current defense attorney
Ashley Porter - PF defense team

BERRETH FAMILY
Cheryl Berreth - mother of KB
Darrell Berreth - father of KB
Clint Berreth - brother of PF
Kaylee Berreth - minor child of KB and PF
Ed Stanfill - KB uncle
Jodee Garretson - KB cousin

KB ACQUAINTANCES
Merle Merriak - KB supervisor at Doss Aviation
Ashley Cogburn - KB Best friend
Amanda Smith - friend of KB
Nicole Haywood - friend of KB
Eric Lowe - KB former bf and Southwest pilot
Alvaro Sauza - pastor at Sandpoint Seventh Day Adventist Church

FRAZEE FAMILY
Sheila Frazee - PF mother
Sean Frazee - PF brother, police officer
Erin Frazee - PF sister

PF ACQUAINTANCES
Vanessa Curie - PF former gf
Clinton Cline - friend of PF
Robert Slagle - best friend and “father figure” to PF
Elaine Slagle- wife of Robert

KRYSTAL KENNEY FAMILY & ACQUAINTANCES
Chad Lee - ex husband of KK
Kristi - KK aunt, with KK for Starbucks and Vegas trips
Susie Runser - Wendell Idaho - 10 min from Malad Gorge
Meghan Garrison - friend of KK, switched cars for KK trip
Michelle Stein - friend of KK, former paralegal of Rockstahls
Laura Stutzman - friend of KK from rodeo circuit
Mark Pearson - received KB gun from KK

INVESTIGATORS
Agent Kevin Torres - interviewed PF at Five Guys restaurant
Chief Miles DeYoung - Woodland Park Police Chief
Corporal Currin - Woodland Park PD
Officer B Huber - Woodland Park PD
Agent Gregg Slater - CBI
Agent Kevin Torres - CBI
Tanya Atkinson - Crime scene investigator
Jerry Meams - arson investigator at Frazee ranch for burn area
Kevin Holland - FBI Cellular Analysis Survey Team
Corporal Koski - interviewed neighbor
Detective McDaniel - interviewed ENT bank manager
Commander Chris Adams - WPPD, reviewed Walmart video
Dispatcher Nina Allmond - reviewed Williams video
Mary Longmire - DHS Custody, interviewed PF in jail

MISC PLACES / PERSONS OF INTEREST
KB townhome in Woodland Park
Frazee ranch in Florissant
Leslie Jackson - KB Neighbor with surveillance camera
Safeway in Woodland Park - last place KB seen, video evidence
Starbucks at Walmart - KK gets coffee late September 2018 to give to KB
Williams Log Furniture - surveillance camera
Walmart - PF visited 11/22 afternoon
Patricia Key - Woodland Park ENT Bank Manager
Conoco - gas station in Florissant with video of PF and KK filling jug
Sonic - Woodland Park fast food restaurant, video of KK at drive thru
Nash Ranch - allegation that PF stored KB body on hay
UPS driver that dropped of KB2 ornament gift after missing
Utility worker dropped off notice at KB home after missing
Sheila McCorkle Frazee - FB post during TV Wizard of Oz ‘witch is dead’
Michelle Bartlome - spokesperson at St Luke’s Health System in Idaho (KK nursing employer)
Nedley Clinic CA -KB admitted for depression /nutrition in August 2018
Joe Rockstahl - attorney and M Stein former employer, were told of plot
Patty Rockstahl - Wife of Joe, M Stein former employer

I think this is perfect! Super helpful. Thank you so much @steeltowngirl !

Not directed at PM :)

I like JV, but in whose world does this make sense? "......fearing that he would hurt her or her family."
It makes sense in the world of making sure your star witness comes off to the jury as legit, acceptable, and credible...so you can nail the who bashed KBs head at her own home in front of her baby daughter.

BBM.
We concluded a few pages back that pine box would be too good for PF. After prison hell is unleashed on PF for the rest of his life, votes were:

PF’s body to be thrown in stinky swamp (credit to @Steelslady)
Or thrown in volcano (credit to @GordianKnot)

Then PF spends eternity in “The most select place in Hell reserved for men who hurt women and children." (Again, credit to @GordianKnot)
can I vote for plastic tote box straight to the fires of h*ll?

This goes way back but I recall something about whether or not the owner looked at camera active "notification" in their email, then owner could download and/or save captured video and/or image to a personal device. But if no interference by owner, it's lost after a few days. This is only from recall, and not factual.

I believe this may have been explained in greater detail at preliminary hearing, and why the court had "stills" and not "video" from neighbor surveillance camera.

MOO

Thank you. I do now recall something like that. Thanks for jogging my memory!

Neighbor's surveillance camera info from the preliminary hearing.

Courtroom updates: Preliminary hearing for Patrick Frazee, who is accused of killing Kelsey Berreth

9:40 a.m.

[...]

The prosecution continued questioning Adams at the conclusion of the recorded phone call. He discussed surveillance video showing both Frazee and Berreth at a furniture store near her apartment on Nov. 22 — the last day she was seen.

In one still shot from a neighbor’s surveillance camera, a baby carrier, Frazee, and Berreth are seen near the front door of her home. Frazee was also pictured in Walmart surveillance video that day.

[...]

10:20 a.m.

[...]

The cross-examination went on to detail the surveillance photos that captured Frazee entering and exiting Berreth’s apartment. Adams said Frazee was not seen leaving with a black tote, and that he did not appear to have blood stains on his clothing.

During the cross-examination, Frazee, whose hands were released from his shackles so he could take notes, largely stared straight ahead.

[...]

10:30 a.m.

The cross-examination of Adams ended with questions about a surveillance camera owned by Berreth’s neighbor, which showed Frazee at her apartment the day she was last seen. Adams said it did not show Lee (Krystal Kenney) inside of Berreth’s apartment, and that after she disappeared, no one came to the door except someone who works for a utility company and a friend of Frazee’s who was picking up a package.

During redirect examination, Adams said the surveillance camera in question was grainy, and only stored a week's worth of surveillance footage at a time. The photos shown during Adams’ testimony were taken after it was triggered by movement.

^^bbm^^ bbm

I totally agree here...then he comes out looking like this wonderful dad that so many women desire...even to the point of murder. what a catch he would be...
<<throws up>>

Briefly reminded me of "George Constanza" in "Seinfeld". His fiance died, and that was found to be the best story ever for women to be attracted to such a tragic figure.

So many greats posts on this thread.

I used to check in daily because I so wanted see the news that she was found.

As a mom I know how painful it would be, not to able find my daughter, bring her close to me and lay her to rest.

No matter what condition her remains may be in, I would need to find my child and take loving care of her.

All I want from this trial is for PF to tell us where Kelsey is.

He is such a horrible, evil excuse for a human being... Just leaving her where he dumped her without ever letting her family attend to her remains, is so his syle. I hope he rotts in hell.

I mean, He's caught, he's busted, he's going to jail, no reason to hide her body now... Just pure evil.
I know, I feel the same way. Even if it's that darn tooth, give what is left of it to Kelsey's parents to bury. Sarah Pryor's parents buried her hyoid bone and had a service for her many years later- that was all that they found of darling Sarah. Yet, it gave the parents some piece of her to bury, some piece of her to visit. This is just so devastating, isn't it?

Even though my sympathies often lie with women who are manipulated by men, I feel less of that for KK.

Women who have been isolated by abusive men, kept away from their loved ones with no access to money are really in a box.....women tied to those men with children, even more so.

KK has essentially lived many miles from PF, surrounded by family and economically independent of him, with no shared children (I guess).

She's had every opportunity to eliminate him from her life and once he shared the murder fantasies, she could have cut off contact....even changed her phone number.....Wait! even called the police!

If she was confused, the hospital she works for has psychologists and psychiatrists at the ready.

I know how manipulative these types can be, and I do have a lot of sympathies for men and women who get caught up in that...at the same time, I cannot even remotely understand how someone can hear mention of murder and walk away without informing law enforcement. And worse cleaning up after someone's been murdered. It takes a particular type of sickness to go through with that.

Good points and I agree.

But being a 'nervous Nellie' ---here is what still concerns me. We will have Kelsey's Mom and brother, sharing what she told them about her relationship. But the defense will gently and carefully get to the idea that Kelsey may have not shared everything with her Mom. And maybe not everything she told them was 100% truthful.

I worry that the defense will have their own liars---I mean witnesses---that will come and taint Kelsey's reputation---making up false reasons she was asked to sit on the porch, etc...:(:(

It's really important that the State gets impartial witnesses---like the CPS workers at the hospital---to talk about PF's volatility and anger.
CB actually witnessed first hand PF's behavior and I hope they will touch on that more tomorrow. Attacking KB's character gently or not won't help to defend PF against murder charges.

I just don't see how anything KB shared with her mom could work in PF's favor. In conversations with her mom KB could have done the following:

a.) Shared everything and was completely honest. If KB did this than her relationship with PF seemed toxic.

b.) Sugar coated things so that her mother wouldn't worry. If KB did this than her relationship with PF was likely much more toxic than we think so...yikes!

c.) She omitted facts to make herself look better and/or for some strange reason lied about PF to make him look worse. Once again, if KB did this than her relationship with PF was much more toxic than we think so again yikes!

JMO.

Last note...I'll be anxious until the verdict is read so you're not alone!

I know, I feel the same way. Even if it's that darn tooth, give what is left of it to Kelsey's parents to bury. Sarah Pryor's parents buried her hyoid bone and had a service for her many years later- that was all that they found of darling Sarah. Yet, it gave the parents some piece of her to bury, some piece of her to visit. This is just so devastating, isn't it?
It is. Especially since whatever PF (Poisonous Fck'r) and his "Stain On the Nursing proffesion", partner in crime, hoped to accomplish has been thwarted.

The only thing I can come up with, is perhaps there is something about her remains or some evidence in the place where they hid her, that they don't want revealed. I hope when all is said and done, we will find out where she is and she can come home to her family.

Yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members