CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #59

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry to even type this but this is the time period we suspect PF was beating KB to death. According to KK, she alleges that baby K was in her playpen inside KB's home office when this occurred.
Which the surveillance footage seems to support.

This wasn’t a surprise, as we knew that baby K was with PF at the time. No way would he keep her in the car, as some theorized.

My Timeline from the above:

22 Nov 2018 Neighbor Camera Triggers Timeline (from Sam's Notes)

1 - 3:54 AM: Kelsey enters her condo with baby carrier (aligns with time she got home after helping PF all night with cows and taking him medicine for his stomach).

2 - A cat passes by (time not noted).

3 - 11:56 AM: KB at her door (leaving for Safeway?).

4 - 12:36 PM: PF at KB's door, looking to enter.

5 - 12:37 PM: PF's back is to the camera.

6 - 1:23 PM: Condo Door Open.

7 - 1:23 PM: PF, KB and Baby K seen on video (Last image of KB ever recorded).

8 - 1:24 PM: PF is shown outside again.

9 - 4:20 PM: PF appears hold Baby K.

10 - 4:24 PM: PF's back to the camera, no baby.

11 - 4:26 PM: PF's captured holding Baby K with his back to camera.

12 - 4:27 PM: PF's shown again holding Baby K, his back to camera.

13 - 4:28 PM: Condo Door Open.

14 - 4:28 PM: PF appears with his back to camera.

15 - 4:29 PM: PF appears again with his back to camera (10th time PF was on camera).

16 - 4:30 PM: PF appears one last time with his back to the camera (11th time PF was on camera).

When you say PF holding Baby K do you actually see the baby or just the carrier?

Kelsey's child was not aging out, like yours was.

But if your husband was laid off or quit working, he'd have a 6 month grace period before his benefits were terminated. They use your earnings from one quarter than give you coverage for the NEXT quarter. So Kelsey had already worked for the coverage for the next few months.

There is no reason for her child's coverage to be terminated weeks after Mom went missing.

And of course he had reasons to lie about it. He had reasons to lie about everything because he was so in over his head.

He was talking to his older brother, the police officer, about the woman he just brutally murdered and set on fire. Everything he says is going to be some kind of lie.

Pretending like he is in communication with his missing girlfriend's insurance administrators and trying to reinstate his daughter's health insurance is the perfect topic of conversation. Even if he is lying through his forked tongue.

Please provide links. I've never heard of a 6-month grace period for COBRA that is offered by COBRA. Is there proof Doss offered such a grace period? If it is a lie, why didn't the prosecution provide a witness to refute the testimony?

KB wasn't laid off and she didn't offer a letter of resignation. I think Doss was bending over backwards offering compassion in alerting PF that insurance for the child would be ending.
JMO

Where are you getting the 6 month grace period?

The child was HIS child. PF was custodial parent and, of course, he could pay the COBRA premium if that is what he wanted to do. The law is the law. There are no grace periods and Doss was trying to be compassionate toward the child and the situation.

JMO

Medical Benefits
The Consolidated Omnibus Reconciliation Act of 1985 (COBRA) allows employees and their covered dependents to continue group health coverage under certain circumstances. The State uses a COBRA third-party administrator (TPA). The TPA is responsible for sending COBRA notices and for managing COBRA enrollment, billing, payment, and cancellation. Your COBRA coverage will become effective once your first premium is received by the COBRA TPA. Coverage is retroactive once payment is received.
Pf would have to start a new policy on the child if he cared enough to do it. He wouldnt be able to just assume another person's qualifying work history for their health policy. It's similar to the situation in the watts case where some posters continually said that she borrowed money from his 401k. Not possible.

Last edited:
I'm hoping after sentencing she will lose that license?
Can't imagine she's currently employed as a nurse. Think we'd have heard all about it. I imagine she's been in complete hideout.

This has been talked about more than once. All the floor boards in her living room were ripped up and found to have blood. Her fire place had blood on it, an outlet or two, and also the couch cushion.

Edit to add: baby gate as well. thanks @MassGuy

Has there been testimony as to how much blood was on the floor boards? It would have shown up on chemical testing. How about that outlet? The gate? How much blood? A few drops isn't indicative of a crime scene.

JMO

Has there been testimony as to how much blood was on the floor boards? It would have shown up on chemical testing. How about that outlet? The gate? How much blood? A few drops isn't indicative of a crime scene.

JMO

Yeah, there’s blood splatter all over people’s homes. Nothing to see here.

The quantity is irrelevant. The fact that it corroborates a murder, is.

A bathroom shouldn’t light up like a Christmas tree when sprayed with Luminol. People’s fireplaces and baby gates shouldn’t have blood on them.

This is a hell of a hill to die on.

JMO
So what are you suggesting? That Kelsey was, um, unclean and splattered her own blood around the condo and just left it there? Do I dare ask where this blood of Kelsey's would have come from that it would be spread all over the condo?

Kelsey's child was not aging out, like yours was.

But if your husband was laid off or quit working, he'd have a 6 month grace period before his benefits were terminated. They use your earnings from one quarter than give you coverage for the NEXT quarter. So Kelsey had already worked for the coverage for the next few months.

There is no reason for her child's coverage to be terminated weeks after Mom went missing.

And of course he had reasons to lie about it. He had reasons to lie about everything because he was so in over his head.

He was talking to his older brother, the police officer, about the woman he just brutally murdered and set on fire. Everything he says is going to be some kind of lie.

Pretending like he is in communication with his missing girlfriend's insurance administrators and trying to reinstate his daughter's health insurance is the perfect topic of conversation. Even if he is lying through his forked tongue.

It depends on the insurance policy. We have typically been covered under my husband’s insurance policy at work because I am self-employed and family coverage has been better for fewer $$.

In nearly all cases throughout the years, coverage has continued for 30 days after he changed jobs. But in one case his insurance stopped immediately.

Perhaps the laws in Colorado prevent that, IDK.

MOO

I asked about details of the $70,000 loan to PF. He hasn't been convicted of murder.

JMO
The only details I'm aware of came from Sam's 11/5/19 FB recap where he stated that investigators recovered a registered letter addressed to PF from lender. The purpose of the letter was to advise PF in writing that he was in default of about $70,000 loan.

PF's loan default was part of courtroom testimony as PF's dire financial situation may be introduced as motive for KB's murder.

It's also the same reason the Judge allowed DA Dan May to question brother Sean about the financial dispute between siblings over deceased father's assets and/or estate estimated at $400,000.

MOO

Please provide links. I've never heard of a 6-month grace period for COBRA that is offered by COBRA. Is there proof Doss offered such a grace period? If it is a lie, why didn't the prosecution provide a witness to refute the testimony?

KB wasn't laid off and she didn't offer a letter of resignation. I think Doss was bending over backwards offering compassion in alerting PF that insurance for the child would be ending.
JMO
Ok, now that I could agree with. Doss MIGHT have given PF a notification that the insurance would be ending at some point. Even though he should have figured that out himself.

But that is different than the original thing, which was him saying the child's insurance was being terminated. As in she had no more insurance. That is what I was arguing against. It doesn't happen that fast. in my experience anyway.

Last edited:
Pf would have to start a new policy on the child if he cared enough to do it. He wouldnt be able to just assume another person's qualifying work history for another person's policy. It's similar to the situation in the watts case where ppl who hate the victim continually said that she borrowed money from his 401k. Not possible.
COBRA isn't a new policy. It is the payment of the entire premium of the current policy for 18 months. That's federal law and it has absolutely nothing to do with the Watts case. The only exception to COBRA is if the employee is fired for gross misconduct and we know that doesn't apply to KB.

JMO

The Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act (COBRA) gives workers and their families who lose their health benefits the right to choose to continue group health benefits provided by their group health plan for limited periods of time under certain circumstances such as voluntary or involuntary job loss, reduction in the hours worked, transition between jobs, death, divorce, and other life events. Qualified individuals may be required to pay the entire premium for coverage up to 102 percent of the cost to the plan.

COBRA generally requires that group health plans sponsored by employers with 20 or more employees in the prior year offer employees and their families the opportunity for a temporary extension of health coverage (called continuation coverage) in certain instances where coverage under the plan would otherwise end.

COBRA outlines how employees and family members may elect continuation coverage. It also requires employers and plans to provide notice.

Health Plans & Benefits: Continuation of Health Coverage - COBRA | U.S. Department of Labor

It depends on the insurance policy. We have typically been covered under my husband’s insurance policy at work because I am self-employed and family coverage has been better for fewer $$.

In nearly all cases throughout the years, coverage has continued for 30 days after he changed jobs. But in one case his insurance stopped immediately.

MOO

I agree. ACA also does not mandate paid coverage for dependents.

The ACA requires that applicable large employers (ALEs) offer affordable coverage to their full-time employees and their dependents up to age 26. However, the law makes no requirement for spousal coverage, nor does it mandate that employers pay for any portion of the premium for dependents.

Are Employers Required to Offer Family Health Insurance?

MOO
I have never seen it end immediately. That would suck.

But maybe Colorado allows that?

If PF was telling the truth, I will gladly eat my hat. Maybe I am wrong. But I see him as a lying Liar who lies about everything and anything. So I have no reason to believe this story either.

I think Doss was aware that he was a prime suspect in their former employees disappearance. I am not sure they reached out to him in that way. JMO

COBRA isn't a new policy. It is the payment of the entire premium of the current policy for 18 months. That's federal law and it has absolutely nothing to do with the Watts case. The only exception to COBRA is if the employee is fired for gross misconduct and we know that doesn't apply to KB.

JMO

The Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act (COBRA) gives workers and their families who lose their health benefits the right to choose to continue group health benefits provided by their group health plan for limited periods of time under certain circumstances such as voluntary or involuntary job loss, reduction in the hours worked, transition between jobs, death, divorce, and other life events. Qualified individuals may be required to pay the entire premium for coverage up to 102 percent of the cost to the plan.

COBRA generally requires that group health plans sponsored by employers with 20 or more employees in the prior year offer employees and their families the opportunity for a temporary extension of health coverage (called continuation coverage) in certain instances where coverage under the plan would otherwise end.

COBRA outlines how employees and family members may elect continuation coverage. It also requires employers and plans to provide notice.

Health Plans & Benefits: Continuation of Health Coverage - COBRA | U.S. Department of Labor
Admittedly i haven't followed this case for very long, but I haven't seen any testimony regarding cobra, so I'm out of this topic until I see it discussed in court. I sure didn't say anything about watts and cobra.

We've had a blockbuster of a trial so far, more corroborating evidence than we dared to dream, and our thread is swallowed by Cobra?

Shoot, even the murderer's brother leveled a verbal bat (and an eye roll) at him.

I'm just going to celebrate and look forward to what the morrow may bring!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288