CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #61

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you twitter followers following Vicente Arenas? I like his little video updates. And he certainly dresses nice, FWIW.
Yes, he posted one this morning but I didn't hear anything new in it. Just a re-hash of what happened when the guy doodling was busted yesterday. I agree though - nice appearance and very professional. MOO

Vicente Arenas on Twitter (Video)
Judge abruptly excuses jury and scolds court spectator for drawing sketches during #murder #trial of #PatrickFrazee accused of killing fiance #kelseyberreth@KDVR⁩ ⁦@channel2kwgn
7:51 AM - 8 Nov 2019 from Teller County Courthouse

The women in his life certainly are tasked with driving like truckdrivers. KB drove a really long way to work so she could live fairly close to baby daddy. KK drove untold trips back and forth idaho to colorado. KK drove here there and everywhere during the thanksgiving weekend. Gad, he's like a modern day Manson with his hold over the women in his life.

Years ago in 2002 (17 years, whoa) I did a dating site. I was shocked at the amount of men who wanted to connect that were from out of town. I was like, pfffft, yeah, you are married or worse. Not withstanding, I did have a friend who married a very nice guy from outta town she met on the site.... but just saying. My antennae went up, and I would never do.

CC = Bosom Bud to PF.
Here are a couple of little journalistic "Icebreakers" to help you get acquainted with CC:

Friend of Colorado man accused of killing fiancee gives his opinion on the arrest

Search for Berreth’s Body Continues to Hit Wall; New Leads Surface | The Mountain Jackpot News

SABBM:

One Cripple Creek resident, Clint Cline has been featured in local news articles and on both of the national news programs speaking out in support of Frazee. Cline, who is the president of the Two Mile High Club which is the organization that cares for the donkeys that roam the streets of Cripple Creek, says that he knew Frazee because the murder suspect was the farrier that took care of the town’s beloved jackasses.

During the TV interviews Cline describes Frazee as being a “nice guy” and a “good father.” He said that he had met Berreth and the daughter of the two when Frazee brought them both out to the donkey pins on separate occasions. Cline claims that Berreth had disappeared before and that when she first went missing he thought that she would eventually show back up.

Even after the arrest and after Cline was present at Frazee’s preliminary hearing and heard firsthand all of the brutal details of the case, he still stands by his farrier friend. “I’m not going to speculate. I’m going to wait and see what kind of evidence is presented,” he said on national television. “If the evidence comes out, OK, and I’m going to be shocked and amazed. But if it comes out the other way, there’s a lot of people that are going to have to eat a lot of crow.”

Well..
I hope the keeper of the asses has a craving for a big plate of crow.

Is the defense setting up to highlight some one lie with the jury to discredit KK's whole testimony? Is that why they'd barely question her? I'm beginning to think that the defense plans to present their entire case (which they don't have) in their closing argument, in the hope that a mistress with motive will override FULL EVIDENCE of their client's FULL CULPABILITY.

He burned a body, he burned a bible, he walked a child through the bloody scene he'd created, there is no hell deep enough.

MOO
Do you think the defence is going to say that KK fired the gun that was in her car?

IANAM. (I Am Not A Mathematician), but by my calculations, here's what that formula looks like:

CC = < Zero.

The defense would end up with a net loss if they bring CC to the stand.
Fingers crossed that Steigerwald calls him.

JMO.
CC has been in the courtroom, so not a witness.

So far, I've found this verification that the creature left the condo much earlier than 7:30. She was with PF by 5 pm. So the fire was likely started before PF headed off to pick up pizza. Whew! I feel better now.

After cleaning, Kenney and Frazee went to Nash Ranch to retrieve Berreth’s body, according to Frazee's affidavit. Cell towers pinged all three of their phones near Cripple Creek between 5 p.m. and 6:15 p.m. The affidavit says that they drove the tote carrying Berreth’s body from Nash Ranch back to Frazee’s home in Florissant.

Kelsey Berreth case timeline: Everything we know so far

PF went inside his house to get the pizza from mommy. He did not leave the Franch.

Clint Cline, (likely now former) friend and supporter of PF's. Clint tends to donkeys and PF knows a thing or two about jackasses.

Friends saw Patrick Frazee as doting father and hard-working rancher; possible motive for Kelsey Berreth killing revealed

Nah, he's still there supporting PF :eek:

BBM:

HaHaHa! Priceless!

"In an unprecedented judicial move, Sells called a brief recess so that he could step outside the courthouse, at which time he delivered a stern warning to the would-be interloper from the courthouse steps.

Judge Sells, who was clearly outraged, informed the unidentified redhead in a strictly no-nonsense tone that any further attempts to disregard his Decorum Orders would result in the offender being turned into a winter stole for his wife."

JMO.

RBBM

We can get a lot of fun mileage out of this!

On a more serious note, I really feel for Judge Sells. He's got his hands full, trying to keep this case from being a media circus.

JMVHO.

Oh, and I'm present!

Last edited:
Was there a fire ban at that time?
I thought someone looked it up a long time ago but I can't remember what was found. Imo

Teller county and the adjacent El Paso and Douglas counties have experienced horrific wildfires since 2006, burning thousands of acres and inflicting billions of dollars in damages. The community awareness of fire danger is extremely high. It is not just a matter of abiding by the law…...every person's home and all of their possessions are at stake. Residents of Teller County that I have heard from say “there is always a fire ban in place in the fall months”, but this information is difficult to nail down in a single link:

The Teller County Community Wildfire Protection Plan Update, November 2011 which covers all publicly held lands in Teller county shows in Map 10 of that document (below) the areas of constant danger levels. The white areas, including the location of the F’s ranchette, are merely white to depict private property. The surrounding area is clearly “Severe” (lavender color) and Extreme (Red color) and High (brown color) fire danger. People who live in this area are obviously expected to be vigilant at all times, both by authorities and by their neighbors. I have drawn a green line to indicate where the ranchette is located.
http://www.co.teller.co.us/Miscellaneous/CWPP2011/CWPP2011update.pdf

Teller County updates it’s exact burn restriction status on their general website WHEN that status changes (depending on weather and snow cover) Today there are no restrictions posted.
Teller County, Colorado - Official Site for Teller County Government

The Teller County Sheriff’s Department posts burn restrictions independent of the main county website. Currently, the Sheriff’s department website is showing an Advisory Burn restriction due to high winds.
https://www.tellercountysheriff.com/

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-11-08 CWPP2011update pdf.jpg
    Screenshot_2019-11-08 CWPP2011update pdf.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 3
Reposting this article just because I think this testimony is huge. FOUR witnesses - count 'em - FOUR people witnessed the fire at the ranchette.

Five if you count PF, and I seriously doubt that this monster who just bashed KB's head in with a baseball bat was concerned about the status of a burn ban. Least of his worries. :rolleyes: MOO
  1. KK
  2. SF
  3. Ranch hand 1
  4. Ranch hand 2
Why Krystal Lee didn’t call law enforcement, waited to tell the truth about Kelsey Berreth
[...]

Before cross-examination, Lee showed photos of the ranch where she said Frazee stored Berreth’s body in a black tote box after the murder. She also claimed that after burning her body, Frazee said he had two ranch hands help him load up the ashes.

Lee said he was either going to take them to the dump or to the river.

Those two ranch hands testified after Lee. One of them, KR, said he helped Frazee move on a rusted-out horse trough on his property the weekend of Thanksgiving, clean up ashes, and then cover a burned area with dirt.

Prosecutors showed a photo that depicted a part of the ground at the Frazee ranch that appeared to have burn marks.

[...]

Lee testified that Sheila Frazee — Patrick Frazee’s mother — had been on the property’s patio during the fire. The two ranch hands said the patio was visible from where they had moved the trough.

[...]

Following
Jakob Rodgers
@JakobRodgers
A reporter for The Gazette in Colorado Springs, Colo.
Colorado Springs, Colo.Joined January 2009
2,984 Following
2,689 Followers

Followed by Sam Kraemer and Michael Dalton

Tweets
Tweets & replies
Media

Jakob Rodgers

@JakobRodgers

·
59s

However, that same bloodhound, Lucy, did not detect the scent of decomposing human remains (such as blood) anywhere on the ground floor of #KelseyBerreth's condo, where prosecutors say she was beaten to death, leaving a very bloody scene.
@csgazette
#PatrickFrazee

Jakob Rodgers

@JakobRodgers

·
1m

And another law enforcement officer testified that his bloodhound, Lucy, detected decomposing human scent near the trunk of #KelseyBerreth's car at her condo, where #PatrickFrazee's mistress said she set down bags filled w/ blood-stained towels & other items last year.
@csgazette

Jakob Rodgers

@JakobRodgers

·
1m

Specifically, an Elizabeth Police Department officer testified his bloodhound detected the scent of human remains in February at the Nash ranch -- the spot where #PatrickFrazee is accused of stashing #KelseyBerreth's body before burning it, southwest of Cripple Creek.
@csgazette

Jakob Rodgers

@JakobRodgers

·
3m

UPDATE: Two law enforcement dog handlers testified that their bloodhouds detected decomposing human scents, such as blood, at the Nash ranch were #PatrickFrazee is accused of stashing #KelseyBerreth's body, as well as outside Berreth's Woodland Park condo.

Jakob Rodgers on Twitter
UPDATE: Two law enforcement dog handlers testified that their bloodhouds detected decomposing human scents, such as blood, at the Nash ranch were #PatrickFrazee is accused of stashing #KelseyBerreth's body, as well as outside Berreth's Woodland Park condo.
@csgazette
10:02 AM - 8 Nov 2019

Jakob Rodgers on Twitter
Specifically, an Elizabeth Police Department officer testified his bloodhound detected the scent of human remains in February at the Nash ranch -- the spot where #PatrickFrazee is accused of stashing #KelseyBerreth's body before burning it, southwest of Cripple Creek.
@csgazette
10:03 AM - 8 Nov 2019

Ashley Franco on Twitter
DAY 6 #PatrickFrazee trial: Out on a quick morning break. We’ve heard from 4 witnesses so far. Two of them were experts in K-9 unit cadaver dogs. Both law enforcement officials. @KKTV11News
10:03 AM - 8 Nov 2019

Ashley Franco on Twitter
One of the officers was asked to search the Nash Ranch where #PatrickFrazee had land. We were shown a video of the cadaver dog searching a bale of hay in the barn. The dog signaled human decomposition on a particular hay pile. @KKTV11News
10:05 AM - 8 Nov 2019

Ashley Franco on Twitter
This is significant because #KrystalLee said #PatrickFrazee took the black tote box that allegedly had #KelseyBerreth body in it to the ranch and placed it on top of a hay stack. The cadaver dog located human decomp at the exact place the tote box was. @KKTV11News
10:06 AM - 8 Nov 2019

Ashley Franco on Twitter
The other K-9 unit was sent to #KelseyBerreth condo. The officer told us she located human decomp at the bumper on the left side of Kelsey’s car. @KKTV11News
10:07 AM - 8 Nov 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member