CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #63

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m just a lurker usually, and I only have this to add ... I feel for so bad for CB. The baby, KB, is THE only thing she has left of her daughter. I feel like the baby keeps her going in all of this mess. The reason I know somewhat how she feels is this ... My daughter was killed (not murder) but dead just the same. She left her son for me to raise. His dad has never been in his life. He is the only reason, after her death, that I was even able to get out of bed every day. He kept me going, even at times when I just knew I couldn’t. I imagine little KB is CB’s life saver, just like my precious grandson has been to me. God bless her for her strength, because I dont know if I could endure what she’s having to. It’s hard enough just surviving from day to day without her precious daughter. I don’t believe I could be as strong. I ended up being heavily medicated for three years afterwards, and am only now able to get through hard times. But not really.

Yes, the Berreth's have KB's baby to keep them going.
I would think, the entire Berreth family need this Sweetie pie.
Kaybe, I am sorry to hear of your story, and pleased your grandson has helped you, and you are improving.
Getting up to tend to a baby, child, farm animals or pets has often been 'what keeps people going', through bad times.
Also some hobbies, as tending to your garden, gets us up.

I didn’t mean to derail the thread and seem selfish. I just pray for CB and wish I could comfort her in some small way. God bless her!! Thanks everyone.
Not selfish at all! You like many here understand what CB is going through. Of course, not all of us have lost a child to murder, true, THAT is the worst of the worst :( The only comfort in all of this is knowing little K is with such a loving family and away from the evil that took her sweet mother.

Nope. It’s your Constitutional right not to incriminate yourself.

It would be a terrible look for both her and PF though.

Pleading the Fifth would merely be a signal that she likely had some criminal involvement here. If the evidence isn’t there though, there’s nothing that can be done.

Knowing a crime was committed, is different than proving it beyond a reasonable doubt.
I hadn't done that much research on the taking the 5th. After your comment MassGuy I decided to.

And yes, pleading the 5th "would merely be a signal that she likely had some criminal involvement here. If the evidence isn’t there though, there’s nothing that can be done."

I did not realize this....

But, as others have said, it will look awful for her if she does.

I’m just a lurker usually, and I only have this to add ... I feel for so bad for CB. The baby, KB, is THE only thing she has left of her daughter. I feel like the baby keeps her going in all of this mess. The reason I know somewhat how she feels is this ... My daughter was killed (not murder) but dead just the same. She left her son for me to raise. His dad has never been in his life. He is the only reason, after her death, that I was even able to get out of bed every day. He kept me going, even at times when I just knew I couldn’t. I imagine little KB is CB’s life saver, just like my precious grandson has been to me. God bless her for her strength, because I dont know if I could endure what she’s having to. It’s hard enough just surviving from day to day without her precious daughter. I don’t believe I could be as strong. I ended up being heavily medicated for three years afterwards, and am only now able to get through hard times. But not really.
I'm so sorry KayBe. My heart breaks for you, and for CB. I can't imagine anything more painful. Thank goodness you have your grandchild, a part of your daughter. I'll bet you see things in him that remind you of your daughter.
Thank goodness he has you too. You have each other.

Last edited:
We don't know yet if SF has been given immunity right? If not, and she takes the stand and pleads the 5th, what happens to her? What is her incentive to not plead the 5th?
On the other hand, if she has been given immunity, takes the stand and admits prior knowledge and obstruction of justice, (or whatever) she puts the nail in her sons coffin.
What a dilemma!
I think she will admit to seeing the fire because she has no choice. PF probably told her he was just burning a bunch of stuff he needed to get rid of. (which was likely true in his mind.)

If she's asked about finding the pipe, I think she will admit that, too. Maybe she asked him what it was doing there and he made up some story.

I don't know whether she knew what he was going to do or if she knew about it after the fact, but I doubt she would admit to it either way. She probably won't even be asked.
Maybe they have enough without her having to testify at all.

Either way, at this stage she must know that there is nothing she can say to help her son, so she might as well just tell the truth.

She can't save him now.

Imo

Thank you!! Every. Damn. Day. I see her in him. And he’s got her loving heart. Loves me like no other!! I’m so hoping that CB and baby KB can have a similar relationship, as right now, that’s the only thing we have left. Well ... that, and the memories.

It is so good, the Berreth's have Kelsey's toddler.
Whatever a child's age, they are a blessing to those grieving.

Today, I was at a Medical Clinic: just check ups.
I saw a guy walking in, with a small dog, not on a lead, walking alongside him, often walking between his Master's legs.
I later walked up to them, played with the dog, and chatted to the gentleman.
His story was so sad, and his dog keeps him going.
It is good to see, Doctors etc realize, the guys little dog is permitted to always be alongside his Master.

I think she will admit to seeing the fire because she has no choice. PF probably told her he was just burning a bunch of stuff he needed to get rid of. (which was likely true in his mind.)

If she's asked about finding the pipe, I think she will admit that, too. Maybe she asked him what it was doing there and he made up some story.

I don't know whether she knew what he was going to do or if she knew about it after the fact, but I doubt she would admit to it either way. She probably won't even be asked.
Maybe they have enough without her having to testify at all.

Either way, at this stage she must know that there is nothing she can say to help her son, so she might as well just tell the truth.

She can't save him now.

Imo
But that's the thing, isn't it? Admitting to seeing the fire, or finding the pipe, or testifying to when the idiot child came home on TG, doesn't incriminate HER at all, so can't plead the 5th. There's got to be SOMETHING else that WILL incriminate her or she couldn't plead the 5th. Did she know "what" was in the fire? Did she know when KB died and how?

I don't know the answer but it won't be long and we'll have a pretty good idea what criminal involvement she had in all of this when she pleads the 5th.

Ok, that answers my question, I guess.
Maybe they don't even need him but I would think if he is still supporting PF the defense would want him as a witness.

But then again, even if he were a character witness in defense of PF I doubt that would be much good.

Maybe the prosecution doesn't need him because CPS will be able to give plenty of examples of how he lied and set up Kelsey to look like an unfit parent.
Who wouldn't believe them? Probably nobody.

Imo

Do we know if there is evidence he actually called CPS?

Agreed hiring her will be difficult. However, didn't she tell PF that she carried these drugs with her.
Not that she had access as a nurse.

"Kenney said Frazee suggested that she drug Berreth’s favorite coffee drink, a caramel macchiato, and give it to Berreth. She also told police that she carried the drugs that she could use to poison the coffee."

Court Update: Patrick Frazee's Lover Was Told To Drug Kelsey Berreth's Coffee

Unless it is recorded differently than what I found.

Thank you so much! I've been saying that there wasn't evidence she had the drugs in hand - now there is otherwise - so I appreciate the correction with a link. I'm still skeptical she stole them, but good to know she admitted to having them.

Well, if that's the case, all the defence has to do is prove it. Prove that they found Ambien and Valium at the Franchette. OR, they can risk all and put that dummy on the stand. I'd LOVE to see that :)
The defense doesn't have to prove whether SF saw the fire or not. That burden is on the prosecution which tried to put CF on the stand at the prelim and ask her that question and the judge said it wasn't the place to do it.
JMO

Artis and others. . . :)
When you click on "watch thread" you'll see that receiving email notifications is an option. I never "tick" that box. Clicking "watch thread" is a handy way to stay current on every thread you follow. It even works across devices. So, you can pick up where you left off on your phone/computer/etc. When you return to a "watched thread" just click on the "Go to First Unread" button that will appear along the top of the page. NOTE: you may need to turn your phone sideways (landscape mode) to see that button on some phones. I know I do. IMO

Thank you but what about this: I come here and go to Kelsey Berreth thread and always end up on some older one and have to forward through several before getting to the correct or current one. When I click "follow" will the index show the last thread I was one?

I want to add.....
KK said there was a trough perse in the yard she hadn't seen before. She wondered who moved it there. Maybe someone has that link.
It makes sense for one ranch hand testified:

Ritchie stated: "He said the errands Frazee asked him and Dygert to do around Thanksgiving, including moving the trailer and stacking several wooden pallets...Ritchie said after Thanksgiving he saw the pallets burned and saw Frazee near the fire."
"Ritchie also said around Thanksgiving Frazee asked him to move a rusty metal trough from an area north of the house closer to the dog kennels. That's the same area where Krystal Kenney said Kelsey Berreth's body was burned."

In PF’s dog training video, there’s several watering troughs (one appears to be rusted), inside the dog training area.

JMO

Thank you but what about this: I come here and go to Kelsey Berreth thread and always end up on some older one and have to forward through several before getting to the correct or current one. When I click "follow" will the index show the last thread I was one?
Maybe it’s just because this thread is so fast moving that by the time you are logged on again that it is pages away from when you last looked? I am finding it very hard to keep up with as well!

The consequences would be that the jury will believe she was involved with her son's crime and they'll convict him. It would much easier for her to say she doesn't recall or answer no. LE only has KK's word that his mother came out and watched the fire.

JMO

One or both of the ranch hands witnessed her out on the deck watching.

If asked about, I imagine she'll say PF burned trash all of the time and her only concern was the fire getting too big. Nobody can prove otherwise.

Yeah, you can’t just plead the Fifth to protect someone else, or because you just don’t want to answer. It’s only to protect yourself from giving information that can later be used against you in court.

@gitana1 Can a judge tell someone they can’t plead the Fifth, if the judge doesn’t believe the answer will incriminate this person?

That would sure be an assault on our precious Bill of Rights.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288