Still Missing CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #65

Discussion in 'Recently Sentenced and Beyond' started by 0101ABA, Nov 8, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. afitzy

afitzy STAY HOME, SAVE LIVES!

@MyBelle,
    Google Maps - Ranch

<modsnip: removed link that was to some place in Russia>

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2019
    minusfour, dkryder, kimpage and 14 others like this.

2. oviedo

oviedo Well-Known Member

Yes and I do think much is lost when they don’t do this - one only has to look at our Missing forum ...IMO

3. MsBetsy

MsBetsy Well-Known Member

It would be interesting to know what she would say PF told her about the pipe being left at the gate. Or bat, whichever it was.
    And also what he said to her about the fire. And the truck being parked on the side of the house.

Imo

4. afitzy

afitzy STAY HOME, SAVE LIVES!

NoClouseau, TRB, dkryder and 11 others like this.
  5. oviedo

oviedo Well-Known Member

I’m not MG but I’d like to know if she was home when he brought in the mop and bloody sheet - did he bring it in thanksgiving night with the baby when he was 2 hours late? Or was it when he got ready for the burning ? Someone knows how that mop got there - plus I want to know what he said to her on the phone when he called her after beating KB to death (cell phone testimony he called mom and kk thanksgiving / we know he told kk she had a mess to clean up - what did he say to his mom?)
    IMO

6. BUF

BUF Well-Known Member

TRB, AnnaGrace, PommyMommy and 35 others like this.
  7. Tippy Lynn

Tippy Lynn Well-Known Member

They don't have much to work with, but I would think they would at least try to come up with some questions for the witnesses.

I'm looking forward to hearing their explanation too.

AnnaGrace, dkryder, sassyblue and 7 others like this.
  8. Artis

Artis Well-Known Member

All too often, missing persons are treated as though they disappeared of their own accord. An exception would be Shannan Watts. That Kelsey's vehicles were there should have raised a lot more concern.

9. steeltowngirl

steeltowngirl Well-Known Member

Would be meaningful if something good came out of all of this to address the situation of critical hours being lost when a person goes missing. Like a “Kelsey’s Law”.

Maybe Kelsey’s family will inspire that change in protocol.

10. katydid23

katydid23 On Time Out

I'd like to know the answers to those questions too---but I doubt she'd answer any of it honestly or fully.
    She may testify for the defense, and some of that may be asked in cross---but it might be pretty narrowly defined. I doubt the defense will open many windows for the state.

11. MsBetsy

MsBetsy Well-Known Member

Well, if they really gave it their best shot than I would say the defense was pretty weak.
    I expected more, but then again its not over yet.

Imo

12. Aydrianna523

Aydrianna523 Well-Known Member

Yes!

13. katydid23

katydid23 On Time Out

The big difference between these two cases was that Shanann had a powerful advocate, her best friend, who got the cops moving in the right direction. If she hadn't sent the alarm bells that morning, CW would have had time to stage the crime scene, maybe be able to move her car somehow, set up more time in between to build his own alibi.

PF tried all of the above, and failed miserably because he is such a stooge.

14. Medstudies

Medstudies Mostly lurking

It’s so nice when sleuthers here can find answers so fast and share the results.
    Thanks!

zea mays, k-mac, dkryder and 14 others like this.
  15. Megnut

Megnut Well-Known Member

It's going to be a long night. Who is left to testify? And it's someone from out of state, right? The guy who KK gave KB's gun to? A hiker who found a burner phone or KB's keys? Toddler K? A 3 year old testified in the UK...

I don't know what anyone could tell us from the wellness clinic KB went to...except to confirm she was there. Doesn't seem bombshelly.

I have zero experience with criminal trials, but the judge's action today tells me that this witness has something to say or something to show that removes all doubt.

How about an expert in extracting DNA from liquified fat?

MOO

16. MassGuy

MassGuy The Monsters Aren’t The Ones Beneath The Bed

The issue here was that not only were critical hours lost, but days were lost.

That was the point of PF’s deception, and he was successful at that.

We learned from the Mackenzie Lueck case for instance, that privacy issues slowed down the ability of law enforcement to obtain search warrants, which also delayed the discovery that they were in fact dealing with foul play.

So any law that changes protocol, will have to strike a balance with privacy. That’s a tough hurdle, as most people value privacy here.

TRB, AnnaGrace, GarAndTeed and 25 others like this.
  17. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy&Gabby

As we approach coming full circle for KB - this is a summary from one of the first pressers:

Summary of PC:
    23 days since KB last seen -- LE don't believe this is intentional,
    Search warrant includes several agencies -- warrant sealed,
    Asking PF to sit down with investigators,
    Suspect/POI? LE not willing to commit,
    Wells Fargo fund for family set up,
    DA confirms Woodland Park work and partners FBI, CBI, Teller County Sheriff, and Multi States cooperating,
    Looking for help from the community with any info beginning with 11/22/18 Thanksgiving,
    Woodland Park PD is contact for this investigation

Media Q/A:

Hope is that KB is still alive
    Judge had enough info to sign off on search warrant
    No briefing on any findings yet (at residence)
    Confirming PF has not sat down with investigators (he was last person to see KB)
    PF communicating through his attorney
    Case is taking toll on WPPD -- rough investigation
    Cannot comment on search of PF truck
    Text msg to PF from KB phone -- can't comment
    CB has not seen the baby girl/granddaughter
    LE has seen the baby -- no word/reason on whether baby will be taken from PF

CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #6

AnnaGrace, TRB, Gardener1850 and 20 others like this.
  18. GoJacks

GoJacks Unknown Member

Sorry, I don't know the address of the red barn but if you google, PF's address is easy to find.

Also, since you have opposing views of many, I'd be interested in hearing your take on the DNA evidence of yesterday/today.

AnnaGrace, zea mays, MrsM and 22 others like this.
  19. oviedo

oviedo Well-Known Member

So IMO family and friends must be the advocate no matter how silly we think we may look to LE - we can look to our own technology (phone location apps like Snapchat life360 etc) having a key to our homes given to close friends and family - knowing your people (I text or call my regulars) and knowing and trusting your instincts all can help - if anyone I know went missing - I would be absolutely a PIA for LE and the news media until I knew they were safe - but I’m a sleuther- maybe I’m weird? But I have told friends and family these stories we follow - if something happened to me I’m certain they would be advocates - maybe each of us should make sure there are people who would do the same ? In honor of Kelsey?

20. steeltowngirl

steeltowngirl Well-Known Member

Not Toddler K. She was barely one at the time. Hurts to even think of the trauma it would cause her, if it were even possible.

Sam K tweeted it may be Mark Pearson, the guy KK gave the gun to.

susiQ, Gardener1850, dkryder and 14 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.