Still Missing CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #65

Discussion in 'Recently Sentenced and Beyond' started by 0101ABA, Nov 8, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. steeltowngirl

steeltowngirl Well-Known Member

It’s sickening to realize KB was laying dead in a tote bag in his truck and he was probably phoning mom to save him some turkey.

2. Nudgee

Nudgee FLY EAGLES FLY.....

I mentioned something about this earlier.... the prosecution obviously has spent the last year feverishly putting together their case with a ton of witness accounts & evidence.....but for the defense??? ..... it just seems like they had nothing to work with.

3. Tippy Lynn

Tippy Lynn Well-Known Member

<modsnip: quoted post was removed>
    • One witness is a Woodland Park Police officer and the state has endorsed Michael Dalton as a witness too.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2019
  4. mickey2942

mickey2942 Well-Known Member

PF just thought that he was so smart with KB's cell phone. The truth is, that the cellphone evidence is what completely nails him. Calling and texting himself from KB's phone, with same exact cell phone tower in use for both phones. Doh!

He over played it. Should have cleaned up the mess himself, never involved Rodeo Queen. And should have left the cellphone.

5. gitana1

gitana1 Verified Attorney

Defense really never sets up ineffective assistance of counsel.

They’re not overwhelmed. Defense counsel is used to losing.

I think they just don’t have much. We mostly all saw that from the beginning. They’re going to try to say the evidence isn’t there and allows for another theory. But there no evidence of that.

6. GordianKnot

GordianKnot Former Member

BBM:

I completely agree.

Especially given the fact that KB's vehicles were parked in the driveway, she did not have her infant daughter with her, she did not have a history of leaving her job without proper notice, and the only way "she" supposedly communicated after her disappearance was via text.

There were red flags all over.

The initial response by LE was not acceptable here.

Fortunately, it wouldn't have made a life or death difference in this case, as KB was already dead by the time she was reported missing.

That's not to say that it might not make the difference in future cases, though.

Hopefully, this case was a wake-up call to WPPD.
    They definitely need to be more through and diligent in their initial follow-up on MP reports on a moving forward basis.

"When in doubt, assume the worst."

JMO.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2019
  7. srg

srg Verified Clinical Psychologist

OMG, I SO needed that right now! LOL

8. gitana1

Which ones?

9. MassGuy

MassGuy The Monsters Aren’t The Ones Beneath The Bed

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2019
  10. tmar

tmar Well-Known Member

Ma Frazee's quotes are probably the same as PF's, as he couldn't possibly think for himself.
    He has just been repeating, what he has heard from her over the years.
    MOO.

11. katydid23

katydid23 On Time Out

I should go through the media thread and try to compile the complete list of questions. There have been 40 or more questions now I believe.

I do see that they are paying attention because they are intelligent questions. The ones that sprang to mind were:

---why didn't the cadaver dogs hit inside the condo?

---Is there a test that can differentiate human oils from other types in the ashes?

---[to the Doss Employees] Was Kelsey ever drug tested at work? The answer was NO.

It feels like they are searching for some definite answers and I hope they feel they are getting them

12. gitana1

Scary. I hope it’s just curiosity.

13. scdiv

scdiv Well-Known Member

sassyblue, AnnaGrace, MemPat and 14 others like this.
  14. in search of

in search of Well-Known Member

BBM
    Do you recall the answer to testing the oil?

15. panther518

panther518 Well-Known Member

I never for a second believed Kelsey would have been on drugs from what I have learned about her, but why does it even matter if she was to a jury-does that give someone the right to bash their head in with a baseball bat?
    Also, I’m highly surprised an aviation company wouldn’t do routine drug testing, just as an observation.

Just feel jury could be asking better questions.

16. scdiv

scdiv Well-Known Member

Sam said something about the state had a subpoena or extended a subpoena for a guy named Bentley?? Not sure if that is first or last name. Sam said he kind of forgot about that and he has no idea who the guy is but there is chance we could be hearing from him tomorrow. Anyone have any idea?

17. Safeguard

Safeguard On Time Out

I'm behind people...I'm sorry, I had a busy day today!

But something keeps coming to my mind... Wondering... were there no neighbors, or anyone at all, in Kelsey's life in CO. to check in from time to time?

Once, as a 20 something year old, I had a odd encounter with a new neighbor, a week after she moved in to our apartment building, she knocked on my door one afternoon, and stood there, on my doorstep, with garish make-up on, ( think Mimi from "The Drew Carry Show"), and she said she had a job interview to go to, and asked me if I would watch her seven month old son.

She was right next door, so I followed her over and the child was asleep in his crib. I agreed, even through I would never have dreamed of placing my own child in the care of a stranger. But I thought, here's struggling young mom, who is asking for help. I'll help right now.

I mean...Sometimes we can't be everything someone needs, we can't shoulder peoples burdens for the Long Haul. But I believe we should do what we feel capable of if asked...

When he woke up, I noticed he hadn't been changed in a while, his skin was very pale and dry, flaky. He was so light for his age! And there wasn't all the necessary items needed to care for him in the apartment.

But I mostly recall, his trembling little smile, when I picked him up and held him.

All he really wanted was someone to care for him a little bit. Even just a smidge, for a short while. There was such hope in that little smile!

She lost her son to Cps. a few weeks later. (I had hoped to get to know her, and him a little better, but their problems were more advanced than I'd realized I guess).

Where were the caring people in Kelsey's life in CO? Were there really none?
    Did she have no one, even a relatively "new" person, to whom to turn? Only Pf?

If there is any "Take Away" from this case... I would think it would be to please, look out for others in your immediate sphere of influence! If you feel like something's "off", if you hear, see or sense something, then DO something!

Don't give the "Benefit of the doubt", or wait and see what happens! The worst that can happen if your wrong, is that you were wrong! The worst that can happen if we do NOTHING is...This Case.

18. riolove77

riolove77 Verified Prosecutor

Yeah you can submit your witness list with 20 people on it and end up calling half. It just depends on how your case goes and whether or not you ultimately decide you need each person. When the trial starts, the parties stipulate usually to excluding from the courtroom all potential testifying witnesses. So I bet dan put her on the list, then excluded her, and he decided IF he calls her, it’ll be last so that she has to miss everything.

19. AgeofAquaruis

AgeofAquaruis Well-Known Member

Is that Kelsey's ex?

gngr~snap likes this.
  20. panther518

panther518 Well-Known Member

<modsnip: quoted post was removed>

Sorry, can’t help myself it just really ticks me off that his mom will defend him to the end & also that she called Kelsey a hooker. I feel she needs to step up & tell what she knows.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.