CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #65

Status
Not open for further replies.
also her PURSE was taken.
Were there checks in her purse? I'll bet there were.

Missing from KB's condo was her phone, purse, and keys which were all stolen by PF and destroyed or discarded by KK. It was confirmed there was no financial activity in any of KB's accounts since her purchases at Safeway on Thanksgiving Day.

I think the person flying in will be from the Depression and Anxiety Program she stayed at. It has connections to her religion. I think that would debunk PF’s claims of alcoholism and other psychiatric conditions. That would put to rest the lies that PF has spread about her. I can’t imagine being in her shoes and not knowing why she is not accepted and why people are not friendly to her. The treatment from PF’s family and friends was probably atrocious.

If there is a worker from the clinic, I assume all communications between them and Kelsey are confidential. That might end if the patient is deceased?

Yes, HIPAA applies to people for 50 years after they die. Their information can be released by a personal representative after their death (executor, etc). This is all discussed at this link.

There has been a lot of conversation by the judge and lawyers about privacy, though. It's possible it's about KB's privacy and not the witnesses privacy as we've been led to believe (possibly an innocent misunderstanding as the judge is trying to be very, very careful).

Sam Kraemer‏ @SamKraemerTV
Good morning from Day 9 of the murder trial of Patrick Frazee. Same drill today, I’ll share updates as I can with a Facebook live around 8:30 p.m. MT. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee #KrystalKenney

EJV5IbgUEAAitdZ.jpg

7:04 AM - 14 Nov 2019

Yes, HIPAA applies to people for 50 years after they die. Their information can be released by a personal representative after their death (executor, etc). This is all discussed at this link.

There has been a lot of conversation by the judge and lawyers about privacy, though. It's possible it's about KB's privacy and not the witnesses privacy as we've been led to believe (possibly an innocent misunderstanding as the judge is trying to be very, very careful).

I don't believe there will be any witness testimony about KB's medical history as that would be a big opening for the defense.

I believe KB's occupation alone and the number of co-workers that testified put those lies by PF to rest.

Should the defense bring forward a witness to testify otherwise, the prosecution would then be able to refute that testimony. I don't think it will happen. MOO

Here for JUSTICE FOR KELSEY. Justice (IMOO) MUST include making sure the PF's family has as little contact with Baby K as possible. Reading the recaps of testimony of how Kelsey was treated by his family just tied me up in knots. PF's MOTHER and SISTER should be absolutely ashamed of themselves. I do not care what lies about KB that PF told them - that still doesn't excuse their behavior. They were hateful to a woman who had moved across the country to be with their son/brother, kicked a pregnant woman out of the home, called her names, didn't respect her as Baby K's mother, and then didn't show one OUNCE of public concern when she went missing. There are no excuses for that behavior. Add on top of that they prevented the Berreths from seeing Baby K while they were in town looking for their daughter (the missing MOTHER of Baby K) AND then when their son/brother was charged in her disappearance/murder they actually fought the Berreths on custody... I just have no words for these despicable people. Baby K needs to be surrounded by people who truly love her for the rest of her life. PF's family showed no regard for Kelsey and no love, regard for Baby K. No one can convince me otherwise. A murder conviction will not bring Kelsey back and I'm sure will only comfort Kelsey's loved ones to a degree. I hope that the trial and conviction will provide further comfort in assisting their custody case to keep ALL the monsters away from Baby K.

And him telling his friend that was on the stand that he didn't know about the pregnancy until she called from the emergency room, knowing that his mother had kicked her out of the house when found she was pregnant.

My vote goes to the boots. I think the boots will be brought in with positive blood dna on them. . I hope that so much that I have been practicing my joy by siginging, " These Boots are Made For Walkin', That's just what they'll Do. One of these Days These Boots are gonna' Walk all over YOU...

Are you ready boots? Start Walking'!!"

My hope, my fantasy, MOO.

Here with all Y'all for Justice for Kelsey and the Berreth family

I too was ready for the boots to be a bombshell, but with all the mixed DNA within the floorboards, he could just say that yes, I was with her and they got on my boots and it intermixed with my DNA which I would think would also be in his boots.

I seem to remember a meeting with the judge where the defense was trying to get testimony ruled out that happen between PF and a CPS worker who interviewed PF . The testimony included statements PF made that involved Kelsey. The judge ruled as admissible. Anyone else remember this??

Sorry to jump in.... is there a live feed to watch? My search came back with nothing

Sorry to say there has been no live feed or cameras allowed in courtroom. Check here for updates that come via the reporters’ tweets during breaks, lunch and at the end of court ... you will see them as fast as they come out.

Agreed!
Annnnnnd I thought "What's the big deal, go burn the clothes". But, by the time he told RS he probably mixed those clothes with the other hundred grey shirts and other hundred jeans.... Now which was which? Ha!
I could see why he worried!

Good insight, LOL! Little did he realize at the time, that every single time he opened his mouth it pointed at him covering up something and making an excuse and a lie. And it made it more obvious. M o o

I think the person flying in will be from the Depression and Anxiety Program she stayed at. It has connections to her religion. I think that would debunk PF’s claims of alcoholism and other psychiatric conditions. That would put to rest the lies that PF has spread about her. I can’t imagine being in her shoes and not knowing why she is not accepted and why people are not friendly to her. The treatment from PF’s family and friends was probably atrocious.
I took an interest in this case in the very first days because I'm in Colorado and has some downtime last year around that time. One of the first commenters here was a new poster who claimed to be a family member of PF's (they were never verified, but MOO I personally found their claim to be extremely credible due to them having inside information that proved accurate) and then spent their posts spewing vitriol and what we now know to be lies about Kelsey, saying we didn't know the whole story but they weren't really engaged and Kelsey disappeared on drinking binges frequently, and basically encouraging everyone to not look for Kelsey because she wanted to stay lost and we might scare her out of coming home. Even then, before we were sure what was going on, this level of hate and disgust for a missing mom was just shocking to me. Even worse now that we know none of the things being said about Kelsey were remotely true, and that she was a good mom and nice person who had been brutally murdered.

Didn’t the defense in their opening statements say they were going to show that someone other than PF killed KB “someplace other than the condo”? There’s been no cross-examination leading down that road and now it seems they will call few if any witnesses. What’s the deal with that? Do they think that will look lame up against all the prosecution’s evidence so are backing off of it? Not a good idea to promise something to the jury then not deliver it in my opinion.

The defense has said they will take double the time the prosecution will for their closing statement. I expect the defense to pull out all the stops to focus on tiny details to sow doubt in the mind of one (or more) juror.

Little things like the tooth fragment is female, but it could be SFs. There was no blood on PF's clothes (never mind that there's no proof the clothes he was wearing when he repeatedly went in and out of the condo were the same ones he wore when he entered the condo with a baseball bat and killed KB). I suspect the defense will completely gloss over the timeline on Thanksgiving Day. Remember, by not putting PF on the stand, there's no opportunity for the prosecution to ask him to explain things like his multiple trips (on camera) in and out of the condo or why he returned (allegedly) KB's gun but took her phone and carried it around for days. No opportunity to ask him who was texting from KBs phone and why when it was in his possession.

It makes my blood boil to see so much time spent talking about his lies about KB - painting her as a drinker and abusive mom. There is clear evidence on the record that trained professionals were concerned about his abusive behavior at the hospital. There is zero evidence from anyone but him that Baby K was abused.

It makes my blood boil to see the defense or PF supporters hint that KB's alleged character flaws (neglectful drinking mother) in any way justify her murder. Excuse me? Who appointed PF judge, jury and executioner? Would KB have been justified in murdering PF on the same grounds after his behavior at the birth of Baby K?

I would so like to see PF disregard the advice of his attorneys and decide to testify. I understand the checks and balances in our justice system, but this is a rare case when they seem to create an imbalance. PF's team can suggest the most outrageous things, the burden is on the prosecution to explain the thoughts and actions of a dead woman, but PF doesn't have to account for his many lies and actions. Shameful.

I seem to remember a meeting with the judge where the defense was trying to get testimony ruled out that happen between PF and a CPS worker who interviewed PF . The testimony included statements PF made that involved Kelsey. The judge ruled as admissible. Anyone else remember this??

Yes -- they wanted the worker to be classified as LE and complained PF not given his Miranda warning before talking to her. Didn't go anywhere. Pfft....

Frazee attorneys want evidence excluded before murder trial

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members