GUILTY CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #68

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't stop thinking about what the heck is was about this guy - by all appearances, he has the general affect of a potato. How did he land a beautiful, spirited woman like Kelsey to begin with?

What the heck was it about him that he could text someone YOU have a mess to come clean up, and she not only comes running, but actually cleans HIS mess up for him? (I don't think I will ever get over that, btw. How on earth you receive such an arrogant and gross text and not immediately call LE is eternally beyond me)

He makes me think of the character Ann from Arrested Development. 'She has no face', 'Next to her high school photo was the caption "Not pictured"', 'HER???', 'How's Bland?'

I had a sociopath in my family. The things that he did to his very close family members was extraordinary. But - for most of my youth, he was my favorite uncle. He was that smooth talking, affable, schmoozy type that you kind of expect from a sociopath. Awful and ruthless, but so charismatic when it suited his needs.

I've heard ZERO about PF to lead me to believe that was his MO.

I just don't get it.

I tend to lean more towards psychopath with him - he seemed to be fantasizing about his next kill as soon as he was done with his first (?) one.

6 On Your Side‏Verified account @IdahoOnYourSide
Kenney faces a maximum sentence of three years if the crime is found to be aggravated, but the charge does not carry a mandatory sentence, meaning Kenney could walk free. Her sentence was delayed until after Frazee's trial.

9:35 AM - 19 Nov 2019

"We wouldn't even know where the murder happened in the apartment, even which room or where it happened at all, without her testimony," District Attorney Dan May said earlier this year.

Prosecutors were able to piece together much more physical and data evidence based upon her interviews with law enforcement.

The defense tried to cast doubt on her testimony and version of events, trying to imply she was more involved than she admitted.

The majority of the case rested upon the testimony of Idaho resident Krystal Kenney who spoke to investigators only after securing a plea deal on an evidence tampering charge.

9:34 AM - 19 Nov 2019

@IdahoOnYourSide
The majority of the case rested upon the testimony of Idaho resident Krystal Kenney who spoke to investigators only after securing a plea deal on an evidence tampering charge.

murder in the first-degree (while committing another crime) and tampering with a deceased human body.

Those charges include first degree murder (after deliberation), solicitation to commit first-degree murder (three charges for each alleged instance of telling Krystal Kenney how to kill Berreth)

Our sister station, @KOAA has been following the trial for days. Frazee was charged with a total of eight counts in this case.

9:33 AM - 19 Nov 2019

#FrazeeTrial: A jury has found Patrick Frazee guilty of all 6 counts for the November 2018 death of Kelsey Berreth.

9:32 AM - 19 Nov 2019

Now we wait to see of any charges are brought forth in the “hit list” and anything to do with bonding out a fellow prisoner. I think it may happen but will be some time.

thank you everyone for tweets, comments and answering questions.....now off to the dentist.

Please tell me you aren't going to dentist Charlie Adelson, who is mentioned in another case for Dan Markel!

I must say though, that I must again give accolades to the media who stepped up to share with us in a totally new way....even many from their vehicles on break. It started out awkwardly and slow, but the media quickly took up to the new way of breaking news which I have never seen before. I am hopeful that the three that stood out are given accolades (and bonuses) from their companies as I have never seen before such reporting. GREAT JOBS!

Watt's case... sounds familiar doesn't it to this case. To.the.very.end.

I remember when Kelsey was first missing, and PFs lack of... anything made him our obvious suspect, and there was a good amount of talk about how he perhaps took cues from the Watts case.

It's hard to believe anyone could have been a dumber murderer than CW. But here we are.

I'm impressed PF was able to put on a pair of pants without getting his legs stuck.
(but maybe his mommy helped him)

I hope Krystal Lee knows how lucky she is to be alive, she could of easily been beat to death and burned that same night. 3 years is not enough ( if that is what she gets) but it will pass a day at a time, Death is forever.
That is a good point come to think of it. I'm surprised he didn't use her to clean up the mess and then burn her as well.

Q on Sam's twitter

Was this one of the photos admitted during the trial?

A from Sam Sam Kraemer
@SamKraemerTV
·
1m
Yes. For some reason it wasn't initially in the jury's possession when they received the evidence

E.D. Not sure what photo, assume of him entering KB's townhome?

Sam Kraemer (@SamKraemerTV) | Twitter

ETA he just clarified after another question

Replying to @SamKraemerTV
Are you talking about the photo that defense used in closing statement, debating if there was room for tote?

Sam Kraemer
@SamKraemerTV
·
1m
Yes, that’s exactly it

ETA #2 - If someone can explain how to post tweets so it shows formatting like @PommyMommy and others do, please explain as the formatting above is awful, sorry
Someone else may have a better method but I will share mine. It takes a bit longer but it links directly to the tweet (vs. the twitter account) and includes the timestamp which are both important to me.

1. Open the tweet (ie: click on it)
2. Copy timestamp and text from bottom up
3. Paste into WS reply box
4. Copy URL
5. Paste into WS reply box above the content
6. Hit "Post Reply!" :)

Last edited:
Jury finds Patrick Frazee guilty on all counts for the murder of Kelsey Berreth

Posted: 3:13 PM, Nov 18, 2019 -- Idaho

The jury went to the deliberation room at 11:18 a.m. Monday. The judge said jurors will have two pieces of audio: the call Frazee had with law enforcement and then a call to Joe Moore. Moore said he is a longtime friend of Frazee's.

The jury will also have three videos they can review: Kenney at the Frazee Ranch, Kenney at Berreth's townhome, video footage from the Conoco station. There is no restriction on the order in which the jurors watch or listen.

Anybody know KKs hometown news? Interested in seeing if there are any comments from people who knew her.

I remember a while back that folks specifically posted the links to where she lived, but perhaps google is overriding such. Good question and I too would like to know if the Idaho or her local news covered.... Sleuthers her can find such if it happened I would think. I'm trying to remember which media is in that territory of the country....

I do think we will spared the endless blathering from prison with ole potato face, unlike Watts.
We won't have to hear about how he has Kelsey's picture up in his cell, how much he loved her, how's he found God, and all that other BS.
Within a year or so, he will have faded into utter obscurity. We've got that going for us.

Featuring, among other things, the footage of her casually fixing her hair, putting on lip gloss, etc. in the Sonic drive-thru in preparation for her "post-cleanup", meetup with PF. I find that footage very chilling, and revealing of her casual cruelty.
I had a hard time with KK. I tried to look at her actions from different perspectives and I have come to the conclusion that she may not be a murderer, but she is either cut from the same cloth as PF or she has some type of mental disorder that would cause her to do whatever PF told her to in hopes of getting attention from him.
Someone mentioned the Manson female followers and I have to wonder if there has ever been a diagnosis of that type of person.
Right now, I’m thinking like CB. The only thing she didn’t do is swing the bat. That video tilted the scale for me. JMO

Ohhhh, I think she will get the max.

I do, too.

I also think KK will receive a very public excoriation from the judge at her sentencing hearing.

I think the judge will allow cameras in the courtroom.

Since KK has already plead guilty, there are no valid concerns about her "rights" or the process being "fair" to her like we heard voiced by Judge Sells in PF's trial.

I hope Sam covers that hearing on Dec. 2nd.
(*Edited to correct date)

JMO.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads