GUILTY CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #68

Discussion in 'Trials' started by KayElJay, Nov 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. justaparent

justaparent Well-Known Member

Now that the trial is over I will say what I always thought. Krystal had as much to do with Kelsey’s death as Patrick did. No, she didn’t swing the Bat but she made sure it happened. He didn’t care one bit for her but I don’t think she realized she would be on a hit list when they were both plotting the murder. Pure jealousy is what drove her to make sure Kelsey died and Patrick is s o stupid that he went along with it gladly at the urging of KK,who likely brought up all of the other reasons it should be done. Of course this is it just conjecture but I think she had so much more to do with it than we may ever know. She is vindictive — if she couldn’t have the moronic cowboy no one could.

I wonder how she feels now that she and her entire family are on his hit list. She did absolutely nothing to protect her children when he threatened them. What decent mother would do that? Honestly, I don’t think it bothered her because she was too obsessed with the man.

And I doubt seriously that she had any care for her children at all or she would not have been wrapped up in this brutal man to begin with.

If he is scum of the earth, she is closely behind.

MOO

2. TheVic

TheVic Well-Known Member

Why haven't we been able to even set eyes on PF since the trial began? Even when he exits, after the trial is over, he is still shielded. All we have are all of these old images of him in the green suit.

3. PommyMommy

PommyMommy #ShinelikeShanann

Just for the record. :)
    • There is no evidence that PF murdered KB…WRONG.
    • There was only blood in the bathroom…WRONG.
    • The trial will never happen by October…WRONG.
    • There’s no proof that KK was in Idaho when KB was murdered...WRONG.
    • KK’s story doesn’t align with the evidence…WRONG.
    • KK planted the tooth at the ranch…WRONG.
    • LE planted the tooth at the ranch…WRONG.
    • KB was drugged and kept alive until KK came to town and killed her...WRONG.
    • All PF did was dispose of the body…WRONG.
    • KB's murder was a hired hit and not something PF did himself…WRONG.
    • DA's don’t engage in plea deals prior to an arrest for homicide...WRONG.
    • There’s not enough evidence for a jury to convict PF...WRONG.
    • The jury won’t believe KK’s story…WRONG.
    • The only way to bond out of jail is with cash…WRONG.
    • You only need one baby gate for a toddler if you have stairs…SMDH
    • PF’s not stupid…WRONG.
    • This case isn't a slam dunk...WRONG.
    ETA: Forgot to MOO! Oh yeah, and for anyone wondering - that means MY OWN OPINION and I'm not aware of any other definition. ;)

Last edited: Nov 19, 2019
    TDoc72, nanadee, CalmSeas and 55 others like this.
  4. NuttMegg

NuttMegg Well-Known Member

That was a little weird, every day they said he had some pinstripe shirt, blah blah blah, but all the public ever saw was that prisoner getup that looked like something from Dr Seuss of all places.

5. Niner

Niner Long time Websleuther

Just a correction - KK's hearing is on 12/2 @ 11am.

6. Oregon

Oregon Well-Known Member

Her home town was Warden, Washington. I grew up 22 miles from there, occasionally went to church there.

7. Lhughessk

Lhughessk Bounty. The quicker picker-upper and hitlist-maker

The video had a huge impact on me as well. I have been somewhat reluctant to vilify her up til now. Definitely not a KK apologist, but I was trying to see how someone could go that far down a road and maybe still be redeemable.

Then, I saw the Sonic video a few days ago. And KK primping in her rear view mirror IMMEDIATELY after 4 hours of CSI cleanup of a murder scene she had to know she could have prevented. I expected to see someone in shock, someone with a thousand-yard stare. What I saw was someone making sure she looked presentable to her guy.

So that did it for me. I hope she gets 3 years and causes enough trouble in prison to get more added.

8. TheVic

TheVic Well-Known Member

I don't know why it bothers me so much, but it does. I feel like there is a special kind of satisfaction and/or justice that is lost because of it.

9. GordianKnot

GordianKnot Well-Known Member

Adding to your list:
    • There's no evidence KB was murdered in the townhome....WRONG.
    • KB wasn't murdered on the 22nd...WRONG.
    • PF didn't beat KB to death with a baseball bat...WRONG.
    • KB's body wasn't burned at the franch...WRONG.

nanadee, CalmSeas, d4j and 29 others like this.
  10. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy

Thank you @PommyMommy -- especially for states like Colorado where there is limited live camera coverage allowed in criminal court (i.e., no cameras in criminal court except advisement and arraignments), and our only option is to follow via Trial by Twitter!

If a trial is going to last more than a day -- it's nearly impossible to understand what's happening in the courtroom without the timestamp.

This info helps us know if the tweet is about the prosecution, their witness, or if it was afternoon and the defense is up. Add to that 10 days of trial testimony and you soon learn it's critical!

Please know how much we appreciate your extra work.

(And I won't post tweets in any other format). :)

11. TheVic

TheVic Well-Known Member

I hope so too, and the worst of the worst when she gets out as far as custody of her children, future career opportunities etc.

12. NuttMegg

NuttMegg Well-Known Member

Or that she abused her baby. I started monitoring the case pretty late and that was so striking to me, that he went around his town telling all his buddies, father figures and girltoys that he was the major breadwinner, she abandoned her baby, she abused the baby, she was crazy, she was a drunk, etc. Meanwhile she had been working long hours, with a long commute to a highly technical/responsible job, and had thought she was co-parenting their baby and that they had an ongoing relationship. The reason this really stood out to me is that this is the same script CW's family used on Shan'ann. Except on SW it was even worse and at this moment the sycophants are still at it in the internet play pens, bolstered by CW's latest SW bashing in that book.

13. oviedo

oviedo Well-Known Member

I do as well - I previously mentioned I don't think we will see sniffling I think we will see the "ugly cry". I'm expecting a withering admonishment and the Judge may even express that he would sentence her to a longer term if it were in his power
    IMO

14. oviedo

oviedo Well-Known Member

Love this @PommyMommy

15. katydid23

katydid23 Verified Juanette

Yes, however they are usually forewarned of some potential problems by the State, before they do so.

Jurors are allowed to speak to the press if they want. But if any one of them slips up, and says something awkward or off the cuff, it can result in a big mess. I have seen cases where one juror creates mayhem by inadvertently saying something that gives the defense ammo for an emergency appeal.

If one juror says they were leaning towards Not Guilty, but others convinced him to get onboard---that could suddenly become an issue. The defense can open an inquiry into the matter and say there was intimidation.

If a juror happens to mention something strange they saw or heard at lunchtime--it could suddenly become an 'investigation' and get blown up into a mountain from a molehill.

The jury has to be very careful about what they say. It's fascinating to hear from them though.

16. PommyMommy

PommyMommy #ShinelikeShanann

Thank you! The additions that could be made to this could potentially be as voluminous as the evidence there was in this case. MOO

17. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy

I'm only seeing recaps of the trial such as Kivitv.com - Boise and the Idaho local tweets I just posted.

I attribute the lack of local comments from her people because KK is under a gag order pursuant to her plea deal. If she can't talk to media -- her friends are not likely to speak with exception of those we already heard from.

MOO

18. dixiegirl1035

dixiegirl1035 Well-Known Member

Testing....

Sam Kraemer
    @SamKraemerTV
    Yes. For some reason it wasn't initially in the jury's possession when they received the evidence
    Quote Tweet
    xxxxxxxxxxxx
    · 1h
    Replying to @SamKraemerTV
    Was this one of the photos admitted during the trial?
    1:14 PM · Nov 19, 2019·
    Sam Kraemer on Twitter

ETA: Oh well, I tried! I'll just be one who can't do formatting. Thanks for trying to help

19. Leader6518

Leader6518 Well-Known Member

Well, unless some other dude gives her attention and she tends to be drawn to the PF type. She married her husband because she recognized he was different from PF and would make a good father. But she always loved PF.

In one of the Twitter posts it quotes from CB’s impact letter that KK never showed remorse for what she had done. Only for being caught.
    Granted, CB was thinking from a broken hearted mother’s perspective, but DA May’s comment about the deal with the devil really impacted the way I thought about it.

They saw her up close and personal and made that judgement. She didn’t agree to testify for the sake of the Berreths. She agreed to testify because they threatened to charge her as an accessory. I read that in an earlier post (when they originally made the deal?). They cleaned it up for the trial.

20. but maybe

but maybe Active Member

where did Patrick's phone go that day?

MajorHoople, Myvice, tmar and 4 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.