GUILTY CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #68

Discussion in 'Trials' started by KayElJay, Nov 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gitana1

gitana1 Verified Attorney

Even crematoriums have a hard time burning bodies to total ash. And they have high heat ovens built just for that purpose.

I think it’s unlikely Kelsey was totally burned to ash by those idiots.

2. gitana1

Agreed.

3. susiQ

susiQ Well-Known Member

Wow!! @PommyMommy 's "SLAM DUNK"! You rocked it :)

4. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy

No --not that body was not intact but the search was for the ash and debris from the fire.

PF told KK he'd either toss the debris in the river or the landfill. LE spent a month searching the Midway Landfill located in Fountain, Co to no avail.

At the DA's presser yesterday -- investigators revealed they were continuing to search for KB and still receiving tips. I believe Sam said they'd just recently been searching an abandoned mine shaft. MOO

5. katydid23

katydid23 Verified Juanette

His backyard bonfire was not hot enough to totally burn the body. There were 'ashes' carted away, reportedly 50 lbs worth, which probably include small bits of bone, etc. :(

LE hoped to find that pile of remains and bring her home.

6. afitzy

afitzy Member

Yes, it was Sam's comment about these searches that confused me but I understand now.

The determination of LE to bring closure to this tragic case and find the KB remains is impressive IMO.

7. AgeofAquaruis

AgeofAquaruis Well-Known Member

I would try checking the forest PF mentioned in his BS suicide story.
    MOO

8. dixiegirl1035

dixiegirl1035 Well-Known Member

OMG... Patrick sat in an itty bitty chair at the defense table a la Casey Anthony (iirc). This is a video of the courtroom, and he points out the little chair that is so much smaller down than all the others. Optics fail....

Vicente Arenas on Twitter

Attached Files:

9. Mom24

Mom24 Well-Known Member

In my family the greatest insult is to call someone a cochon. Even worse is to call them a pomme de terre avec le visage d'un cochon. Patrick is definitely the latter, a potato with the face of a pig.
    Hopefully PF will eventually tell someone what he did with KB's remains.

10. gitana1

Yeah Dan May addressed the lack of her remains and his answer was something I thought might be the case: They’re people of faith and know they will see her again. So he’s not sure how big a hole not having her remains is for them.

I get the sense that her earthly body is not as important to them as it to everyone. They’re very religious. I think Seventh Day Adventist?:

As Seventh-day Adventists, we believe the Bible teaches that death is an unconscious state, often referred to as “sleep.” There are many texts that verify this teaching, such as Ecclesiastes 9:5: “For the living know that they will die; but the dead know nothing.” (See also Ecclesiastes 9:10 and Ecclesiastes 12:7; Psalms 115:17 and Psalms 146:4; John 11:11-4, and Acts 2:29).

So, to the deceased, it does not matter how the remains are cared for because his or her is completely unaware.
    Is it biblically acceptable to cremate an Adventist?

Seventh-day Adventist: Adventiststake no position on cremation due to their understanding of death and their belief in resurrection after death. They believe the “God who created us is equally capable of re-creating us from ashes of incineration or from ashes the result of slow decay.” Therefore, Adventists are encouraged to follow their conscience.
    Religious Views on Cremation

11. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy

12. BUF

BUF Well-Known Member

That was a great video of the courtroom too! The door in & out is right next to the jury box.

Yeah, they put those horrible defendants in those small lowered chairs to try to make them look meek.

13. Mom24

Mom24 Well-Known Member

Does anyone else remember something KK said during her testimony about something she helped clean up or saw early on in her relationship with PF, but didn't elaborate on? I can't remember where I read that and I was wondering what that was all about.

14. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy

Here we go -- the alternate could have made for a hung jury!

Vicente Arenas‏Verified account @vicentearenastv
    Frazee Juror: “I thought it was a hard decision” said an alternate juror who wished to remain anonymous. The juror did not vote because of the alternate status. Frazee was found guilty of killing #kelseyberreth on Thanksgiving Day last year. @KDVR @channel2kwgn

The juror shook their head a bit and said “It apparently wasn’t that hard for the others (who voted on the jury)...”

9:09 AM - 19 Nov 2019 from Colorado, USA

[​IMG]
    9:08 AM - 19 Nov 2019 from Teller County Courthouse

15. zea mays

zea mays Well-Known Member

Holy crap - sounds like the prosecution escaped a possible holdout.

Vicente Arenas on Twitter
    Frazee Juror: “I thought it was a hard decision” said an alternate juror who wished to remain anonymous. The juror did not vote because of the alternate status. Frazee was found guilty of killing #kelseyberreth on Thanksgiving Day last year.
    @KDVR
    @channel2kwgn

The juror shook their head a bit and said “It apparently wasn’t that hard for the others (who voted on the jury)...”
    11:09 AM · Nov 19, 2019 from Colorado, USA·Twitter for iPad

16. gitana1

• The letter’s weren’t authenticated as PF’s.
    • The state had the burden of obtaining a hand writing expert to prove the letters were PF’s.
    • Since they didn’t, the defense didn’t need to cross examine or challenge the authorship.
    • Closing arguments are going to be a boon for the defense.

All wrong.

CalmSeas, Chocoholic, afitzy and 26 others like this.
  17. OldLadyBlues

OldLadyBlues Well-Known Member

So, I'm sewing today which makes my mind wander. Something just hit me and maybe I missed it somewhere so maybe one of y'all has the answer. After PF killed KB, packed her up, cleaned himself up, he got the baby and off they went to Ma's. From there on out, PF was driving all over creation, moving KB here and there, meeting up with KK, plotting his alibi and burning bonfires. Where was the baby this whole time he is driving around trying to cover his tracks? Was Ma watching her?
    The mere thought of that baby being with him (as everyone has said she always was) is enough to make me want to vomit. ::insert vomit emoji here:: MOO,MOO

18. AgeofAquaruis

AgeofAquaruis Well-Known Member

I missed that.

19. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy

Excellent visual of the courtroom scene -- I loved this reporter's video snippets throughout the trial too.

Also, the swinging doors to the courtroom are right next to the jury box and it makes perfect sense whey Judge Sells restricted entry/exit to breaks or recess.

MOO

20. Warwick7

Warwick7 Well-Known Member

Agreed!
    Then this begs the question if they have her pings on each time she sailed into Teller county, then do they have cam corset shots at her door at 9pm?
    Hmmmm..........

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.