GUILTY CO - Kenia Monge, 19, Denver, 31 March 2011

Does remind me of Morgan Harrington. She was at a concert and left even though there was a no re-admittance policy, and without her car keys. Then she told her friends she would find a ride home even though she was over a hundred miles from home. Morgan was very intoxicated, it seems to me that Kenia probably was as well if she left her phone and purse behind. Morgan's friends made the bad decision to let her fend for herself and she got a ride from the wrong person, a guy whose DNA matches that taken from another woman who was attacked. Eventually Morgan's remains were found. If sadly the worst happened to Kenia, I wouldn't be surprised if the perp hasn't done something along these lines before. I'm sure LE is looking along those lines.

A man's body was found in a dumpster in Denver.

I wouldn't think that so odd....

But it is ten minutes from the gas station Kenia was last seen at.

Which is just a bit creepy.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/27538993/detail.html

The gas station is at the bottom on this map here.... if you zoom out you can see how close the dumpster was. That isn't a precise location but it's pretty close, within that block somewhere.

1300 Grape St, Denver, CO 80220 to E Speer Blvd & Pennsylvania St, Denver, CO 80203 - Google Maps

Cherry Creek is right across the street from the gas station, to the South West a bit... but the specific spillway at Chamber and Yale where Tiffany Durst was found, is 25 minutes away...

I think that guy is innocent

I agree with you... no one could make up that weird and elaborate of a story....

Although i do question dumping off the friend once the girl gets in with him.... why not take the friend with ya know....

Don't know what kind of car it was, but it could have been a 2 seater

7NEWS has obtained a copy of a search warrant Denver police filed in connection with her disappearance.

It describes police researching evidence connected to a man who has admitted to giving Monge a ride the night she disappeared. He said he dropped her off a gas station off at Speer Boulevard and Pennsylvania Street and watched her walk away with another man.
According to search warrant, the man sent Monge a text on the evening of April 1.

7NEWS is not naming the man because he has not been charged with any crime. The text message read, "Hey, this is (name), the guy who gave you a ride last night, white creepy van :) did you get home okay?"

The search warrant also details police searching the man's van. The officer reported seeing and smelling what seemed like new carpet. The man's friend who was with him the night they picked up Monge told police when he was last in the van on April 1, there was a black rubber mat covering the floor.

Police also went to a bakery in Denver where the man rents space. The owner of the building told police that she found the security system turned off. The owner said the video showed the man turning the video off on the evening of April 1. She said he was wearing what appeared to be a latex glove up to his elbow.

An employee of a neighboring business told police that he saw two or three men standing behind the bakery on the night of April 1, burning materials in a 55 gallon barrel.

Police took a yellow rubber glove and a metal barrel into evidence.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/27538430/detail.html

Van guy's name is released, TF. He has a record too...assault, trespassing and theft. He also had a friend with him that night, which is interesting considering the owner of the property where TF worked said he saw 2 or 3 men burning something in a barrel, but TF says he dropped his friend off at his friend's home before he got to the gas station. TF also says Kenia was drunk and distraught over breaking up with her boyfriend. More at the link:

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_17840427

This does still remind me of Morgan Harrington except in this case LE knows who got her in his car.

I think that guy is innocent

I'm not so sure. I think he's being extremely insincere when he can't remember Kenia's name, that seems like a blatant act to me.

Also, I'm not one to generally nitpick people's precise words but the way he says "all of the sudden, I was no longer important", when talking about Kenia going off with the guy at the gas station bugs me. It seems like he felt he had more of a connection with Kenia than somebody would normally get in 20 minutes. What worries me is that it shows he could have felt Kenia was to some extent his property soon after meeting her, that type of feeling can be dangerous.

I also don't like the way he blinks when he's asked if he kidnapped or murdered her.

I'm definitely not ready to convict the guy but I do see some possible red flags.

Twists, twists, and more twists.. Let me see if I have this straight..

1.) Bouncers see and have footage of her leaving the 24k Club with some guy..

2.) According to TF, him and friend Eddie picked her up around 2:30am.. (3guys so far have seen her since 24k)

3.) Eddie walks home? , and TF and KM drive around, she calls her cell phone, no answer, the 24k is closed, then they head to Conoco for smokes..

4.) Once there, Conoco is closed but, a spanish speaking Asian guy is there smoking (non homeless looking)? She leaps out of the car and smokes with him...

Thus far I was on the fence about what had happend ...but ...when witnesses said things about burning things in a barrel, camera footage of rubber gloves.. I am now worried and going to take a wait and see approach with LE.. I guess club guy is off the hook and Good Sam is on the hook.. ( I wonder how the cell phone stories check out?)

*added note, the forgetting of the name during the video is odd, has he not been talking to LE about "Kenia", did he not get a call from the News about "Kenia"?

Who says they sent her a text later to see if she got home okay? How would they have her phone number to send a text? Weren't these all people she met that night?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back