CO CO - Kim Remmel, 47, Arvada, 25 May 2012

So sad that there is no other news on Kim. Kim and I were Facebook friends and both involved in Belgian Malinois Rescue. Her love for animals was seen by everyone. I just cannot understand her disappearance.

Kim and I would of wound up being FB friends if she hadn't disappeared, as we both followed the same equine organizations. Most of my friends were friends with her on FB. I didn't friend request her only because I am very guarded on who I add. I regret that decision. I have been following her case since she went missing and still till this day I share her flyer.
I can't help but feel as if her disappearance has been cast aside by authorities. I feel as if not enough has been done and opportunities have been missed. What is the most bothersome of this case, besides her missing is the car situation. Is it a possibility her car could be underwater?
What's also odd is no one knows where to start. Was the lake searched; Standley Lake?
I feel it's time for some closure, I hope she is found soon. 3yrs is a long time.
I also hope she didn't meet with foul play. How can anyone be sure someone didn't intentionally hurt her, so little is known about this case.

Here we are another year later, and still nothing. I still can't believe the family's lack of concern for Kim. I agree that the most likely scenario is that her car ended up in water or a ravine. Her brakes and clutch were most likely bad, which would be disastrous is the mountains. I doubt that there have been any searches for Kim since the family is so disinterested, and she could be literally anywhere. This case is so sad on so many levels.

For those who know Kim, do you know if she had any distinctive dental work at all please, particularly on her bottom teeth? I know there's none mentioned in Namus etc but just checking. I'm thinking of her possibly in relation to this Jane Doe https://identifyus.org/en/cases/12250
Screen Shot 2017-06-08 at 9.15.13 PM.png

(Thank you sunnynz for your recent post, reminded of Kim, remarking my spot..)

For those who know Kim, do you know if she had any distinctive dental work at all please, particularly on her bottom teeth? I know there's none mentioned in Namus etc but just checking. I'm thinking of her possibly in relation to this Jane Doe https://identifyus.org/en/cases/12250
attachment.php

This looks good. I say submit it!

ETA: Just saw question about the teeth-- hope someone can answer. Kim doesn't have any dental info available so a match may take a long time :(

This looks good. I say submit it!

ETA: Just saw question about the teeth-- hope someone can answer. Kim doesn't have any dental info available so a match may take a long time :(

I've been looking at some more pics of Kim and this one shows her lower teeth. I don't see any gold. I don't think I'll submit.

normal.jpeg

Kim Margaret Remmel – The Charley Project

Kim Margaret Remmel

kim_margaret_remmel_1.jpg
kim_margaret_remmel_2.jpg
kim_margaret_remmel_3.jpg
kim_margaret_remmel_5.jpg
kim_margaret_remmel_6.jpg

Missing Since 05/25/2012
Missing From Arvada, Colorado
Classification Endangered Missing
Sex Female
Race White
Date of Birth 07/21/1965 (54)
Age 46 years old
Height and Weight 5'1 - 5'3, 105 - 135 pounds
Clothing/Jewelry Description Possibly jeans, a t-shirt, hiking boots and a baseball cap or Western-style hat.
Medical Conditions Remmel may suffer from depression.
Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Brown hair, brown/hazel eyes. Remmel may wear eyeglasses. Her hair was waist-length at the time of her disappearance.

Details of Disappearance
Remmel was last seen in Arvada, Colorado on May 25, 2012. She had dinner with friends that day; they stated she seemed happy and relaxed at the time. After dinner she returned to the home she shared with her great-aunt.

The next morning, Remmel was gone and so was her vehicle. Her great-aunt at first simply assumed she'd gone to work, but when Remmel had not returned home by May 28, she reported her missing.

Remmel left her cat behind at home, but she may have her laptop computer with her. She may be driving her white late 1980s or early 1990s model Mazda pickup truck, which has black trim and an older style, non-fiberglass canopy.

The MAZDA logo on the truck's tailgate was been altered to read "NA/DA" and it has the license plate number 155XYX. The truck was in need of repairs: it was leaking oil, needed the clutch replaced and possibly had bad brakes as well. Photos of Remmel's truck are posted with this case summary.

Remmel was active in animal welfare causes prior to her disappearance: she rescued and trained Belgian Malinois dogs, and was an activist in opposition to legislation allowing wild horses' and burros' removal from government grazing lands, and allowing horse slaughter for meat consumption.

She was enjoyed hiking in Golden Gate Canyon State Park and elsewhere in Jefferson County, Colorado. The circumstances of her disappearance are unclear and her case remains unsolved.

Interesting that her last post on Facebook was on the day she vanished. I wonder what time she posted it?

I agree that given the information about Kim's faulty car, the most obvious explanation is that went off-road and crashed.

How far was Kim's workplace from her home? Assuming, of course, she was headed to work when she vanished.

Recently I goggle mapped Kim's path of travel for that morning and found an anomaly in the Platte River in Denver CO, it appears as though this was during a drought time or water had receded, majority of the anomaly is buried in silt and is white. AWP YT declined to both myself and family member to research, all of AWP alliances will not step out of the alliance they follow suit and direction by one leader! I forwarded the images to Arvada Police with detailed information of Kim and her white Mazda truck they only responded back "What is this?" I don't believe they are going to research or contact Denver PD. If anyone lives in the Denver area would happen to want to do a drive by to glance, or has pull with Denver PD perhaps this could help bring Kim home or rule out the anomaly. This site is not allowing to post the image of anomaly have no idea how to resize images

I'm local, can you specify a general area of the platte?

I'm local, can you specify a general area of the platte?
it is right by the depart of transportation and the police academy in Denver, no matter how many times I try to downsize images it will not allow me to post them!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
39762942 104995697 is the exact spot, Colorado to Park Ave W

I live very close to this spot and travel it often. While i haven't gone down to take a look I can tell you that this is a heavily trafficked area including homeless along the banks of that river. It's shallow. almost zero chance of a car being there and not being seen almost immediately, in my opinion.

I would love to know more about the locations in this case. Is there a list breaking down the various locations?

I live very close to this spot and travel it often. While i haven't gone down to take a look I can tell you that this is a heavily trafficked area including homeless along the banks of that river. It's shallow. almost zero chance of a car being there and not being seen almost immediately, in my opinion. I would love to know more about the locations in this case. Is there a list breaking down the various locations?
I have given you exact cordinates. Not sure why you are unable to see it! I even put a red circle around it.

Attachments

• Kim Remmel South Plate River orange (1) ds.JPG
    Kim Remmel South Plate River orange (1) ds.JPG
    83.3 KB · Views: 5
  • Kim Remmel South Plate River orange (2)ds.JPG
    Kim Remmel South Plate River orange (2)ds.JPG
    184.6 KB · Views: 5
Last edited by a moderator:
I have given you exact cordinates. Not sure why you are unable to see it! I even put a red circle around it.
I can see it. It is a large boulder in the water beneath a pedestrian walkway. You can see this much better if you use 3d view and look from different angles. The point i was making is that the area is full of activity all the time and the water is very shallow.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vigilandy
Back