GUILTY CO - Leann 'Annie' Meyer, 51, Wheat Ridge, 23 Feb 2013

Discussion in 'Recently Sentenced and Beyond' started by LisaCougar, Mar 7, 2013.

1. Bythebook

Bythebook Member

So glad they went for the First Degree Murder. LE must know a whole lot more than they have let the public be aware of. I think this is going to be more involved than many have imagined.

2. Breezy

Breezy New Member

I agree! When I saw they'd bumped it up to 1st degree from 2nd degree, I figured LE recovered the missing iPad and cell phone stashed away in Miller's
    stuff, among other incriminating pieces of evidence.

I still wonder if LE is looking into Miller's ex - the young woman who had "committed suicide". If I recall, it was reported that she shot herself? I understand that women don't usually end their lives by violent means and I thought it was a little peculiar.

So, I guess this means we'll have to wait until November before we hear more about this?

3. Bythebook

Bythebook Member

Plea hearing 9 am tomorrow, 11-27-13. Melissa Miller charged with 1st Degree Murder in death of Annie Meyer

Check court docket for Park County Co. Tried to link it, but it came out blank form. Can search for it, add MM's name and it is still scheduled for 0900 tomorrow.

4. Tennlyn

Tennlyn New Member

I found this.

" “We the Meyer family, we do not want to go through the case, we don’t want to hear how our sister died,” Mark Meyer said Saturday about the plea bargain, which he expects to be finalized in a Park County courtroom this coming Wednesday.

Meyer said Melissa Miller, his sister’s roommate, will plead guilty to second-degree murder during the proceedings. "
    http://kdvr.com/2013/11/23/plea-deal-expected-in-annie-meyer-murder-case/

5. Tennlyn

Tennlyn New Member

6. Bythebook

Bythebook Member

What would that make the ERD? (Earliest release date)

20 years hardly seems enough for ending Annie's life and causing all of the pain and worry she put Annie's family and friends through. She would not even help locate Annie and denied any involvement until she had no other way out.

7. margarita25

margarita25 Hmmmm...sounds hinky, moo.

8. OkieGranny

OkieGranny New Member Staff Member Forum Coordinators

Melissa Miller's videotaped confession:

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/front-range/wheat-ridge/confessions-of-a-killer-melissa-millers-admission-provides-insights-into-annie-meyers-murder-051614

9. sophiebelle

sophiebelle New Member

She cleaned that confession up to make it sound better. I don't believe it.