CO CO - Linda Hutchings, 17, Arvada, 15 August 1979

Discussion in 'Cold Cases' started by kitbits, Oct 16, 2008.

1. HopeAngel01

HopeAngel01 New Member

I worked with Linda's mother at the time she went missing and was found. I was 19 myself at the time. I remember those horrible weeks Linda's mom waited to hear of new her daughter was found. It was at work Sept 1979 that I remember working with Linda's mom when she was summoned to the front desk of the room outside our office because she had detectives waiting for her. We all stopped working and waited. We then heard the gut wrenching screams which came from Linda's mom when they told her she was found dead. Linda's mother came back inside the office and of course was inconsolable. That horrid scream and this tragic story will forever stick with me. So so very very sad. I wish they would have caught the killer. I haven't spoken to Linda's mom in so many years. My heart will always be with her!!!

2. Pezza

Pezza New Member

This may be a long shot, but the serial killer Ed Edwards was living in Denver in the summer of 1979 and according to his daughter April's timeline they packed up and left in the middle of the night. Might be worth looking into as this is what the killer did a year later in Wisconsin after he murdered a couple there.

Here is the link to her timeline (scroll down to the bottom and please ignore some of the other claims on the site, which I realise sound a bit crazy): http://coldcasecameron.com/killers-timeline/2000-2011/

3. zoegoobs1229

zoegoobs1229 New Member

Did that site basically try to pin every famous murder on one guy?? haha