GUILTY CO - Madelaine Loh, 27, Delta County, 19 Jun 2018 *arrest*

Thanks for checking SeesSeas!
animated-smileys-waving-014.gif

Hotchkiss man sentenced to 40 years in Department of Corrections

DELTA COUNTY, Colo. (KKCO)- Edgar Macias-Moreno, who was found guilty of second-degree murder in the killing of Maddie Loh in June 2018, was sentenced to 40 years in the Colorado Department of Corrections on November 15.

The plea agreement between the prosecution and Macias Moreno called for a sentence between 25 and 40 years in the Department of Corrections. Judge Schultz noted the nature of the relationship between Maddie and Macias Moreno in passing his sentence, saying that Macias Moreno violated the trust of a person who loved him.

Hi! I am from Delta County, one detail that has been left out of the case (but was mentioned in a news interview with one of his friends one day after court) is that Edgar was mixed up with drugs. There is a very high rate of meth use in Delta County, so while it is still hearsay, people close to him have hinted that's what it was. Regardless, the money that was stolen was used for that purpose so the story line of money being stolen from their employer and the argument being about which one was responsible for paying it back is true.

No one can know for certain what they were using, how often or who influenced who to do the drugs but what's been sad is that when details were beginning to come out at the beginning of all this, there was a lot of victim blaming going around. His 40 year sentence requires he serve a minimum of 30 and then may be eligible for parole, which, if he gets parole it's only for five years.

He was a very quiet guy, especially in high school. That coupled with the fact that he was an excellent baseball player has been what most people in town have focused on. "Poor guy, he had so much talent and was so kind...it's a shame that his one mistake is what people are using to judge his character." I can say, from a personal experience 6 months before the murder, that this wasn't his only mistake. He would get "handsy" around women, especially when drunk. Which again what something people would excuse because "he was drunk, he would probably never touch women like that if he was sober." He had been reported to the police for this on multiple occasions, but nothing would be done.

I just figured I'd add a little local and personal insight to this thread!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back