Found Deceased CO - Maggie Long, 17, suspicious house fire, Bailey, 1 Dec 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find the gag order to be positive. LE is protecting someone somehow. That's a good thing.... hope she is safe.

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

I sure hope so!! It's just such an unusual move this early in an investigation

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I find the gag order to be positive. LE is protecting someone somehow. That's a good thing.... hope she is safe.

Keagan Harsha, a reporter with FOX31, posted on her Facebook page on Sunday:

"We're hearing lots of frightening rumors about what happened to Maggie Long, but nothing confirmed. She vanished right around the same time her home was set on fire, so it's all very suspicious. Join us for the latest on FOX31 KDVR.com tonight.

http://kdvr.com/2017/12/02/17-year-old-girl-reported-missing-in-park-county/ "

The "frightening rumors" part doesn't sound too positive.

What a bizarre case. I am just dumbfounded that the police won't say anything about Maggie---even that she is not in danger, or whatever.

The restaurants make be think that this is an immigrant family. I wonder if ICE might be involved. MOO.

Are there any facebook pages up regarding this case?

There's a group and a page, but they haven't been particular helpful for me in learning about the case. Mainly locals that are telling each other not to talk to the media.

Yes, it is all scary, if she is alive and out in the wilderness, it was 8 degrees last night. This family has lived in the mountain area for well over 20 years, I don't think ICE is a situation

Yes, it is all scary, if she is alive and out in the wilderness, it was 8 degrees last night. This family has lived in the mountain area for well over 20 years, I don't think ICE is a situation
I don't think she's in the wilderness. I think they have a very good idea of her location...IMO

I don't think she's in the wilderness. I think they have a very good idea of her location...IMO

I'm genuinely curious about your reasoning for thinking this? I'm trying to imagine a scenario that fits, but I'm sleep deprived thanks to my 10mo and can't think clearly enough to come up with one!

If they thought she was in the wilderness, then they would be forming search parties. This is all just very odd.

Do we know what time she was last seen? It would be dark at about 5pm this time of year.

Why would the gag order extend to the coroner's office if there hadn't been a death?? Was that language boilerplate? Have police stated that no dead bodies have been found in the ashes of the fire or elsewhere?

I just can't wrap my head around the fact that the police cannot release any information. Usually, if a minor is involved in a crime (whether they committed the crime or are a victim or bystander), the police can talk around it and just not identify the minor.

Here is a copy of the gag order.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-12-05 at 8.57.58 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-12-05 at 8.57.58 PM.png
    247.5 KB · Views: 712
I don't know which part of this is most perplexing but very near the top of my list is the fact that the 911 caller said people were yelling and throwing things trying to set the house on fire. That just doesn't sound like your average home invasion.

Would love to know who made that call. Presumably, it was someone in or right outside the house if the reports that the house can't be seen from the road or neighbors houses is true.
And what on Earth was going on between 2:30/3:00 when Maggie left school until 6:00 when the call was made?

I am shocked we don't have more sleuthers following this case. This one is positively baffling.

And what on Earth was going on between 2:30/3:00 when Maggie left school until 6:00 when the call was made?

SBM

And didn't the family ask for information from anyone who may have seen ML from the time school was out until 8pm? Why 8pm?

I'm following too and I too find this case is very strange indeed.

Since searches for Maggie have stopped, I believe LE knows where she is....hopefully safely and alive (which at this point I believe).

I'm leaning to an event at home, a serious event, which resulted in the shouting/throwing things/ and the fire. But what that may have been, who knows?
Does anyone know who was home at the time? Were the two sisters there also?

LE isn't talking, and the gag order involved, makes me think this is a very private family thing, ...and that someone may have had a breakdown of sorts....I dunno.

What concerns me is the "criminal" investigation statement.

Just hope Maggie is indeed safe and that the Long family is/will be ok.

eta...might the gag order be HIPAA related?

I don't know which part of this is most perplexing but very near the top of my list is the fact that the 911 caller said people were yelling and throwing things trying to set the house on fire. That just doesn't sound like your average home invasion.

Would love to know who made that call. Presumably, it was someone in or right outside the house if the reports that the house can't be seen from the road or neighbors houses is true.

I am shocked we don't have more sleuthers following this case. This one is positively baffling.

I’ve been so wrapped up in four other cases that I am just now seeing this one. I am absolutely perplexed. [emoji848]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I'm following too and I too find this case is very strange indeed.

Since searches for Maggie have stopped, I believe LE knows where she is....hopefully safely and alive (which at this point I believe).

I'm leaning to an event at home, a serious event, which resulted in the shouting/throwing things/ and the fire. But what that may have been, who knows?
Does anyone know who was home at the time? Were the two sisters there also?

LE isn't talking, and the gag order involved, makes me think this is a very private family thing, ...and that someone may have had a breakdown of sorts....I dunno.

What concerns me is the "criminal" investigation statement.

Just hope Maggie is indeed safe and that the Long family is/will be ok.

eta...might the gag order be HIPAA related?

I believe the sisters are older and don't live very close IIRC. I read somewhere that her parents were working(at restaurant and liquor store) at the time of the fire.

If this was just a mental breakdown of sorts, would there be much to investigate?

I believe the sisters are older and don't live very close IIRC. I read somewhere that her parents were working(at restaurant and liquor store) at the time of the fire.

If this was just a mental breakdown of sorts, would there be much to investigate?

No family at the home? Then I wonder who were the "people" yelling and throwing things (if true), and who called 911? Maggie?
Very odd....
Did something traumatic happen to Maggie before she got home, between 3 ish and 6 ??

Hope she's ok......

Certainly the fire and her missing are related. Either by her doing or done to her (more likely). Her car is there. So she was there and had not left again when the fire started. I hope I'm wrong but extreme silence by police very early on when it involves a minor never ends well.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Is this the family home that the fire was at? Who else lived there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong