Found Deceased CO - Maggie Long, 17, suspicious house fire, Bailey, 1 Dec 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
SBM

And didn't the family ask for information from anyone who may have seen ML from the time school was out until 8pm? Why 8pm?

This is baffling to me too. If she is missing, wouldn’t they want to know if anyone has heard from her at ANY TIME?

Certainly the fire and her missing are related. Either by her doing or done to her (more likely). Her car is there. So she was there and had not left again when the fire started. I hope I'm wrong but extreme silence by police very early on when it involves a minor never ends well.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Unless she left with someone else.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

There are homes nearby but they certainly wouldn't be able to hear or see anything from that distance.
62868b9793a174acd70286a525cf4605.jpg
30bb729881d7c2f799d7e4704c9088f4.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

This is baffling to me too. If she is missing, wouldn’t they want to know if anyone has heard from her at ANY TIME?

I'm fairly certain they said 8pm because that was when her event at school that she organized was to begin.

Is this the family home that the fire was at? Who else lived there?

Her parents AFAIK. Her sisters are older than her and out of the home, I believe.

We need Jethro over here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What a bizarre case. I am just dumbfounded that the police won't say anything about Maggie---even that she is not in danger, or whatever.

The restaurants make be think that this is an immigrant family. I wonder if ICE might be involved. MOO.

The family owns a liquor store, in Colorado, to get a liquor license you have to fill out a Personal History form as part of the application process for all owners that indicates you are a US Citizen or have the appropriate green card (and documentation information is required.) So if they're legal, ICE would not be involved with the family itself.

It's really, really weird that we haven't seen any family members out in front of cameras asking for ML's return.

Have I missed that?

In one the sisters posts on the missing page where she referenced that timeframe, she said that time is of the essence. Makes you wonder wtf? Kidnapped? Maggie's had a breakdown? Very odd

And the fire was not mentioned in the sister's Facebook request for information.

All sort of scenarios run through my head.

Since ML's parents were small business owners, I wonder if they kept large amounts of cash in the home (or perhaps someone thought they might have cash in the home); nobody was supposed to home that day (all the family is supposed to be at the restaurants or liquor store), so burglars break in to rob, were going to set the place on fire to cover up the burglary, ML comes home unexpectedly and catches them, and they snatch her and take her with them.

IDK. There's just something about this case that's not right. Could it involved organized criminal activity?

MOO.

Just a thought, and maybe the dumbest one on WS I've ever presented, but...is it possible she was feeling or very threatened by someone and tried to light a fire so someone would call for help? They didn't have close neighbors I thought I read.

Truly baffling.

They didn't have close neighbors I thought I read.

SBM. No, they didn't. If you look at the satellite pictures posted above, you can see that it is a pretty nice spread they have. You can go to maps, enter the address and pan out to see where the nearest neighbors are . The nearest house is not too far away, but there are trees in between, and it is hard to tell how the terrain might block sight and sound.

Following this bizarre case....

MOO: Could she be the dramatic sort, have called 911 as a 'performance', started the fire herself and had an accomplice who helped her effect a getaway? It would explain a lot. But IDK...

I am following this as well. 1st, Kudo's' to LE for keeping such a tight lid on this and the community. NOBODY is talking. This is what i'm reading into it: She was not expected to go home, she forgot something otherwise she would have been in school. She missed the musical which she is the one who orchestrated it from what I understand. She may have walked into this. We don't know who made the 911 call, it could have been her. She doesn't seem to be a person who would loose it and do something like this. IMO. She may have ran and went to the police fearing she may be in danger and they are keeping her safe somewhere. Sisters have stopped talking, if it were me, I would be screaming at the top of my lungs if she were still missing. They can't put a gag order on that. This is very odd all the way around. AGAIN, MOO!

According to this news story, the family is refusing to talk, asking the media to stop contacting them. But authorities say they feel strongly that there is no danger to the community. ?????

It seriously makes me wonder about kidnapping, but serious kidnappings only happen in the movies, right?

https://news.google.com/news/video/krjx11PkVqg/dL8bxPmO9l8QqAMXYYDOBSLpyvtnM?hl=en&ned=us

I get an error message when I try that link, can you link again? I'd like to see the article. I feel like since the family was asking for help in the beginning and now are silent they know exactly what happened. Like you I wonder if this is a kidnapping and the family has been instructed by LE to be quiet.

If she had a breakdown there's no reason for a gag order, LE could just issue a statement that she is safe and getting the help she needs, please respect the families privacy ect. I've seen it done in other situations of both juveniles and adults.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member