Found Deceased CO - Maggie Long, 17, suspicious house fire, Bailey, 1 Dec 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just catching up here on Maggie’s terrible murder. I’ve been away from this case for a while and was so hoping there would be more progress. Just a couple questions:

Whatever happened with the witness on the second floor or attic - I can’t remember where he was but he called 911.

There was a local reporter posting here. Is he still around? I liked his contributions but I admit I am too lazy to go search the threads for his screen name.

Thanks!

I just read this thread from page 1 thinking the whole time surely it was solved by 46. What a horrific crime and the public is absolutely at risk. Targeted or not....what's to say he/they won't target another family. The fact she was lit on fire alive takes this crime to a whole new terrifying level. These suspects are capable of anything. I didn't know about this crime and I think I pay more attention than most. The sketches need to get on national news, talk shows, social media, etc!! The vehicles too!

"The Colorado teen was last seen alive on Dec. 1, 2017. Investigators found her body inside her burned home, and nearly two years later, no one has been arrested. Law enforcement has offered few details as to why this this well-liked high school student was killed days before her 18th birthday.

The story of what happened to Maggie Long is the subject of a new episode of True Crime Chronicles, a podcast from VAULT Studios and Tegna that features a new true-crime story each week.

The episode on Maggie Long features an interview with 9NEWS reporter Noel Brennan and is scheduled to be released on Monday."

There is also a summary of the case and some more links at

Maggie Long | 9NEWS.com

I just read this thread from page 1 thinking the whole time surely it was solved by 46. What a horrific crime and the public is absolutely at risk. Targeted or not....what's to say he/they won't target another family. The fact she was lit on fire alive takes this crime to a whole new terrifying level. These suspects are capable of anything. I didn't know about this crime and I think I pay more attention than most. The sketches need to get on national news, talk shows, social media, etc!! The vehicles too!
Keep looking at the sketches... you are right! We have got to keep looking at them and trying... always

Hi all - I’m new to the forum and really only signed up to share what I see as something that could be linked.

On September 18, 2 adult males were found deceased with gunshot wounds at a cemetery in Morrison, Co. Both of these males are from Bailey, Co in the same HS as Maggie Long. Law Enforcement is not looking for anyone else in relation to this shooting. I believe only one gun was retrieved at the scene but can’t find where I read that.

Anyway - one of these two individuals was found guilty of rape in Minnesota. A second co defendant in that Minnesota case is a brother to the second individual found deceased in the cemetery.

Two people found dead at Jefferson County cemetery identified

'Just became aware of this case after listening to True Crime Chronicles podcast ep, and I knew there had to be a WS thread!

I suppose the imposed gag order early on prevented additional media coverage?? What a horrible murder. This case definitely deserves more attention!

"The Colorado teen was last seen alive on Dec. 1, 2017. Investigators found her body inside her burned home, and nearly two years later, no one has been arrested. Law enforcement has offered few details as to why this this well-liked high school student was killed days before her 18th birthday.

The story of what happened to Maggie Long is the subject of a new episode of True Crime Chronicles, a podcast from VAULT Studios and Tegna that features a new true-crime story each week.

The episode on Maggie Long features an interview with 9NEWS reporter Noel Brennan and is scheduled to be released on Monday."

There is also a summary of the case and some more links at

Maggie Long | 9NEWS.com

Hi all - I’m new to the forum and really only signed up to share what I see as something that could be linked.

On September 18, 2 adult males were found deceased with gunshot wounds at a cemetery in Morrison, Co. Both of these males are from Bailey, Co in the same HS as Maggie Long. Law Enforcement is not looking for anyone else in relation to this shooting. I believe only one gun was retrieved at the scene but can’t find where I read that.

Anyway - one of these two individuals was found guilty of rape in Minnesota. A second co defendant in that Minnesota case is a brother to the second individual found deceased in the cemetery.

Welcome to WS and for your input

Welcome!

Have you contacted the authorities with this information? I think it’s definitely worth looking into.

I was house sitting for a friend the night that Kaden Martin was caught and arrested. The “adult” he was with is my friend’s son. After spending the bigger part of the night freezing outside in handcuffs, they finally believed me that I didn’t know anything about what they had done. Anyway... I bring this up because Kaden looks a lot like one of the sketches in this case.... And apparently he likes breaking into safes and stealing guns...

Attachments

• 227DE51A-9C37-4889-A0FB-4CE6246D8D2E.jpeg
    227DE51A-9C37-4889-A0FB-4CE6246D8D2E.jpeg
    112 KB · Views: 98
Increase in tips reported in Maggie Long case

SEPTEMBER 23, 2019

"DENVER -- There has been an uptick in the number of tips in the homicide investigation of Maggie Long....

Park County Undersheriff Steve Spodyak says the Maggie Long Task Force has checked out many tips.

A recent surge in calls is now being investigated.

Spodyak is not sure why so many tips have come in at once.

“They seem to go up and down. I guess just like anything else. Sometimes there’s an increase in tips for some reason. Sometimes the tips slow down. But we have continually had tips coming into the tipline," said Spodyak.

Sketches of three people possibly connected to Long’s homicide along with photos of styles of vehicles they may have driving have been released.

Investigators say someone knows something that holds the key to solving her murder...."

sketches3.jpg

(Sketches of suspects in the Maggie Long homicide. [Photos: Park Cty. Sheriff's Office])

Excellent post, Hiberniapi! Here are the two rape suspects (1st and second mugshots), from the article.

From the article- Investigators have determined a third party was not involved and there is no threat to the public.

Suicide?

Gun thiefs Kaiden Martin and Isaiah Laineh (from AuntCukoo's post). Third and fourth images.

Kaiden Martin Captured, Some Guns Allegedly Stolen by Teen Still Missing

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-09-25 at 6.11.01 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2019-09-25 at 6.11.01 PM.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:

SEPTEMBER 23, 2019

"DENVER -- There has been an uptick in the number of tips in the homicide investigation of Maggie Long....

Park County Undersheriff Steve Spodyak says the Maggie Long Task Force has checked out many tips.

“They seem to go up and down. I guess just like anything else. Sometimes there’s an increase in tips for some reason. Sometimes the tips slow down. But we have continually had tips coming into the tipline," said Spodyak.

Sketches of three people possibly connected to Long’s homicide along with photos of styles of vehicles they may have driving have been released.

Investigators say someone knows something that holds the key to solving her murder...."

sketches3.jpg

(Sketches of suspects in the Maggie Long homicide. [Photos: Park Cty. Sheriff's Office])

Increase in tips - well yes the events of the 18th are likely responsible... those suicides and the pictures, went to the same school, lived close by- all that is worth checking into... I hope an update from the Sheriff is in the near future- even if it is just to lay suspicion to rest...

Increase in tips - well yes the events of the 18th are likely responsible... those suicides and the pictures, went to the same school, lived close by- all that is worth checking into... I hope an update from the Sheriff is in the near future- even if it is just to lay suspicion to rest...

After looking at some pics vs. sketches...No wonder there's suspicion!
:eek:

Very interesting! A high school friend of mine who committed suicide is buried at Mount Lindo cemetery, it's a beautiful place. Could these two young men have been involved in a suicide pact or was it a murder suicide?

What's the connection to Minnesota if they are from Bailey? Where they in Bailey when Maggie died?

Very interesting! A high school friend of mine who committed suicide is buried at Mount Lindo cemetery, it's a beautiful place. Could these two young men have been involved in a suicide pact or was it a murder suicide?

Two options come to mind.

1) Suicide- unlikely for two young makes unless they both feel guilt and/or think they will be prosecuted for bad deeds.
2) Revenge- someone took retribution and LE thus far has looked the other way.

Really don't know how LE could determine suicide so quickly. Seems that determination would take weeks.

My opinion only.

No one else involved in Mount Lindo Cemetary deaths, investigators say

The probe into the deaths is ongoing, but investigators have determined that no third party was involved and there is no threat to the public, Taplin’s news release said.

Investigators found a gun near the bodies.

Both Rees and Swindler lived within 1/2 mile of maggie long. Looks like one of them owned a 90’s f150 around the time of the murder. May have had MN plates. Rees may have had access to mini cargo van from his father’s plumbing business.

Also I suspect LE originally announced there was no danger to the public as the guns and ammo were in the stolen safe. Why steal a safe if you can open it? Probably thought the safe was full of money. Maggie got home in the middle and they ended up killing her when she was unable to help open the safe. All just my own personal suspicions.

SEPTEMBER 23, 2019

Sketches of three people possibly connected

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member