Found Deceased CO - Maggie Long, 17, suspicious house fire, Bailey, 1 Dec 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah the 911 call will definitely be interesting when it's released. Does anyone know what has to be done for it to be released, does the media or someone have to request it?
I agree. It would certainly answer a lot of my questions, anyway.

Sent from my SCH-I435L using Tapatalk

I've been to enough house fires to know that it could be very difficult to locate a body - especially if the house was fully engulfed. Even common household items aren't identifiable in some cases. I've seen one where there were shells of large appliances & a metal bedframe and that was it.

In that last news story posted above, there is some video footage of the outside of the home. It is hard to tell how badly burned the interior of the home is, but the house is not "burned to the ground," as I had envisioned.

MOO

I've been to enough house fires to know that it could be very difficult to locate a body - especially if the house was fully engulfed. Even common household items aren't identifiable in some cases. I've seen one where there were shells of large appliances & a metal bedframe and that was it.

Since gasoline was apparently used, if it was concentrated around ML(ugh), could it have made it difficult to tell that a body was there?

Sorry to be graphic but I'm wondering if they had to test ashes/whatever to tell if there were human remains and that explains the initial statement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In that last news story posted above, there is some video footage of the outside of the home. It is hard to tell how badly burned the interior of the home is, but the house is not "burned to the ground," as I had envisioned.

MOO
Thanks, I hadn't seen that, it's very helpful information. I suppose if she was hidden somewhere, though, such as a closet or under a bed in the ignition area, it could still have taken a while to find her. There can also be structural reasons for investigators to have to wait before they can get into certain areas. But in that case I would think they would say "no body found at this time" instead of just no body found. I have a friend who's an investigator - going to ask him just for my own curiosity.

MOO

Sheesh. Doesn't really look burned down at all but there may be more damage inside than we realize.

Seeing that makes me think that she was likely murdered before the fire though and it was set to destroy evidence. I wonder if he murdered her shortly after she arrived at home from school(interrupted a robbery/act of vandalism of some sort) and then spent the next hour or two figuring out how to destroy any evidence. I just can't imagine he brought gasoline along unless he planned to set a fire.

If the gambling rumors are true, I wonder how that plays into this.

I agree but initially LE came to the conclusion and announced that no bodies were found but that ML was missing.

I wonder if he murdered her shortly after she arrived at home from school(interrupted a robbery/act of vandalism of some sort) and then spent the next hour or two figuring out how to destroy any evidence. I just can't imagine he brought gasoline along unless he planned to set a fire.

If the gambling rumors are true, I wonder how that plays into this.

But why would the 911 person say they heard people arguing, things getting thrown around, and a fire.

But why would the 911 person say they heard people arguing, things getting thrown around, and a fire.

To elaborate: if two people were involved, they could have been arguing about whether to jump in the car and leave and the other was trying to set the fire possibly. Basically, both being in panic mode because something wasn't going as planned.

Or ML could've been screaming?

That part is hard to make sense of but that's the best i can come up with.

If they have the license plate #, why don't they know the year of the van?

But why start a fire? If they killed her, why didn't they just leave?

If they have the license plate #, why don't they know the year of the van?

I'm not confident with the LE from Bailey. I'm still upset at their "no bodies were found" announcement.

I'm caught up.
All I can say right now is I'm stunned.

Poor Maggie.....and her poor parents and sisters. omg.

I'm not confident with the LE from Bailey. I'm still upset at their "no bodies were found" announcement.

If an accelerant was used, such as a combustible metal fuel/solid oxidizer mix you can get temperatures up to 2500 F., albeit briefly. Cremation takes place at 1800 F (though over longer time). The body in such a fire may be very difficult to find.

The Platte Canyon Fire Protection District is served by well trained volunteer fire fighters headquartered in Bailey.

Now the sheriff says there are no suspects. The mystery and frustration deepens.

http://www.9news.com/news/local/inv...spect-in-park-county-teens-homicide/498071847

"“If we knew who we were looking for, we would broadcast it from every corner,” Park County Undersheriff Dave Wohlers told 9Wants to Know. “We have an army of people working on a bunch of [tips] at this point.”"

"At the same time, Wohlers said that the task force believes some weapons may be missing from the girl’s family home, including an AK47 rifle, 2,000 rounds of ammunition and a 9mm Beretta handgun. It is also believed a large green safe may have been stolen."

So...no danger to the public, except that someone who has apparently already killed Maggie Long is more armed than before, unknown, and at large?

And the stuff about the white guy in the light colored van is not inaccurate, necessarily, but it wasn't meant for the public, so the sheriff's office would like the public to forget they ever heard that. There's either a lot of hinkiness or a lot of sloppiness afoot.

Sorry, third message from me in a row. I keep having thoughts.

Maybe the investigators suspected family members, so - despite having found remains in the house - they pretended Maggie was missing, to see who would be most surprised/weird about the possibility that she was alive? That seems a bit stark or cunning for investigators who accidentally (or "accidentally") made a line of inquiry public.

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2017/12/08/park-county-maggie-long/

Investigators are searching for a late model 90s to 2000 light-colored minivan possibly driven by a while male in his 20s who is heavily armed with weapons and ammunition.

The driver may have suffered flash burns in the fire. Investigators believe that gasoline was taken from the home, along with a large case, AK47, 2,000 rounds of ammunition for a 7.62 and 9mm Beretta. They consider the suspect armed and extremely dangerous.

This was updated at 3pm today and I just watched the story on the news.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member