CO - Mass shooting at King Soopers, 10 fatalities including 1 LEO, Boulder, 22 Mar 2021 *arrest*

@EvanKruegel

NEW: Teri Leiker's family says
@MyKingSoopers
will be honoring her with a special tribute. Leiker was a long-time clerk at the Boulder store. An anniversary ring given to all employees after 30 years of service will now be called the "Teri Leiker 30th Anniversary Ring.

Attachments

• FFE13C62-6C76-4DF6-8A61-8F8B37D2BF5E.jpeg
    FFE13C62-6C76-4DF6-8A61-8F8B37D2BF5E.jpeg
    54.2 KB · Views: 23
@EvanKruegel

NEW: Teri Leiker's family says
@MyKingSoopers
will be honoring her with a special tribute. Leiker was a long-time clerk at the Boulder store. An anniversary ring given to all employees after 30 years of service will now be called the "Teri Leiker 30th Anniversary Ring.
Amazing, I am sure she would have liked that.

Gary Slutkin, an epidemiologist who studies mass shootings and intervention methods, said that to understand the contagious nature of these high-profile events, it helps to think of it like a disease.

For mass shooters, he said, exposure often comes from hanging out in online chat rooms where people discuss and glorify past mass shooters. Susceptibility might come from a perceived grievance — something they believe is unfair in their life — coupled with past trauma, like being bullied, he said.

Mass shooters are frequently obsessed with large, deadly rampages. They carefully follow traditional news coverage and social media posts of such events. They study the mechanics of how past shooters planned their attacks. They hang out in chat rooms where they talk about the affinity they feel with past shooters. This fuels a contagion, experts say, that can sometimes agitate for years within shooters before they act.

Mass shootings are contagious, experts say as three events in recent weeks killed 22 people

For mass shooters, he said, exposure often comes from hanging out in online chat rooms where people discuss and glorify past mass shooters. Susceptibility might come from a perceived grievance — something they believe is unfair in their life — coupled with past trauma, like being bullied, he said.

Terrifying that such places exist online. The perfect combustion point for "injustice collectors" and incels. Surely there's a way this kind of online discussion can be stopped or disrupted. I'm not for censorship, but that's crossing the line.

"I’ve never done anything like this before, but I just felt like after this horrible tragedy, it was important for me to just do something to bring people together," said Julie Emmerman, the organizer of the bike ride. "Most of us have lived in Boulder for a really long time. Obviously, I’m a little choked up as I’m saying this. It’s unspeakable what happened."

Emmerman is a psychotherapist by day and a cyclist when she’s off the clock. Her focus Monday was on healing while on two wheels.

"After this horrible tragedy happened, I just felt helpless. I figured if I’m feeling helpless and somewhat hopeless, then others are feeling the same way," said Emmerman. " Everybody is in a different place with it. Some people want to forget about it. Some people can’t forget about it. People are affected in all different ways."
Boulder bike ride aims to brings community together after tragedy | 9news.com

He reminds me of Nicholas Cruz. He also assaulted a student, had a grudge against his school, was a loner, had anger issues, wanted a girlfriend, and didn't "fit in."

There were also many warning signs and calls to the police before the shooting. He was reported to the FBI for writing, "I'm going to be a professional school shooter," on someone's YouTube page. He wrote on one of his Instagram accounts that he wanted to kill people.

I'm sure this will be a lengthy investigation and they will look into every aspect of his past. The findings will be then be added to all the other research about mass shooters.

The most important thing is that the victims and families see that justice is served, but in a case like this the wounds run deep and wide.

I was thinking that too. They also complain a lot. They also have intense envy. Ahmad al-Issa, Robert Long, and Nikolas Cruz are injustice collectors. That can be said about Stephen Paddock, Omar Mateen, Adam Lanza, Elliot Rodger, Seung-Hui Cho, Eric Harris, Devin Kelley, Thomas Hamilton, George Hennard, James Huberty, Charles Whitman, Andrew Kehoe, Jodi Arias, Betty Broderick, David Eisehauer, Natalie Keepers, Yoselyn Ortega, Gertrude Baniszewki, Lori Drew, Kayla Narey, Andres Arturo Villagomez, Karinthya Sanchez Romero, Jim Jones, and Osama bin Laden.

Last edited:
Twenty-two years later, on another Columbine anniversary, we continue to ask the same question. Why were 10 killed in Colorado last month in a Boulder supermarket?

“Like the rest of the community, we too want to know why,” Boulder Police Chief Maris Herold said at a news conference. “Why that King Soopers? Why Boulder? Why Monday? And unfortunately, at this time, we still don’t have those answers.”
But what was the driving force behind the shooters once those other factors were accounted for? You could boil it down to one word, often said by the shooters themselves: Revenge. Whether it be for not attaining the social status and schoolyard recognition they felt they deserved. Or revenge against the rest of the world, which they blamed for any and all of their problems.

I would argue that the seeds planted by juvenile mass shooters have now been harvested by adults and the results are percolating up across the country. The adults have learned how to channel their rage into real-life revenge for the grab-bag of wrongs they perceive have been heaped upon them.
Jeff Kass: Columbine reporter connects the dots between mass shootings

Attachments

• 584117EA-06C1-42E7-9EEA-50646BCDD131.jpeg
    584117EA-06C1-42E7-9EEA-50646BCDD131.jpeg
    182.1 KB · Views: 5
  • B0E1664D-A393-414A-A062-2B869232008A.jpeg
    B0E1664D-A393-414A-A062-2B869232008A.jpeg
    239.9 KB · Views: 5
  • 1211AC88-159D-4D9E-B7F5-4A0AA78FC697.jpeg
    1211AC88-159D-4D9E-B7F5-4A0AA78FC697.jpeg
    279.9 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Video Of King Soopers Shooting Won’t Be Played In Open Court Ahead Of Trial

A Boulder District Judge has ruled the public will not see an eight-minute video showing the March mass shooting at a Boulder supermarket. The Boulder District Attorney's office says showing it publicly could re-traumatize victims' families and affect the defendant's right to a fair trial.

Chief Judge Ingrid Bakke of the 20th Judicial District Court ruled that witnesses could refer to the video at the upcoming September preliminary hearing, but decided it wouldn’t be played in front of an open court. The alleged shooter’s public defender did not oppose the measure.

Boulder King Soopers shooting suspect may be incompetent to stand trial, defense attorneys say

Ahmad Al Aliwi Alissa’s public defenders filed a motion under seal expressing doubt about his competency to proceed, according to a notice filed Wednesday. The move is likely to trigger a competency evaluation and could stall the case until experts determine whether Alissa is mentally able to participate.

It took them this long to realize their client needed a competency hearing?

It took them this long to realize their client needed a competency hearing?

Not necessarily. As the case progresses and discovery begins rolling in, the defense may have noticed that the accused wasn't keeping up or he stopped responding. Most attorneys are meeting with inmates over video conference due to covid but they may have recently had docs to share where they've met at the jail. A competency evaluation is for the protection of everybody here. The accused must be able to understand and participate in his defense or the entire process needs to halt until he can. MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Witchee
Back