Found Deceased CO - Micah Tice, 20, hiker, Rocky Mountain Natl Park, Longs Peak Trailhead, USAFA Cadet, 22 Nov 2018

cybervampira

Reaction score
US Air Force Academy (Official)

USAFA authorities are asking for the public's help in locating Cadet Candidate Micah Tice. Tice is a white male, 5'11", approx. 160 lbs with dark hair and brown eyes. He drives a blue 2003 Toyota Camry, Nevada license plate 230B70. He was last seen the evening of Nov. 22 departing his sponsor's home in Colorado Springs. His parents, who live in Nevada, last spoke to him at about 9 p.m. on Nov. 23.

He told them he was going to do some schoolwork that evening and perhaps take a hike the following day (Nov. 24). His phone signal was last received on Saturday in the area of Woodman and I-25. Air Force Academy Security Forces and local law enforcement have been searching the local community and base trails/peaks.

Anyone with information is asked to contact Academy officials at (719) 375-4111 or the CSPD at (719) 444-7000.
upload_2018-11-26_23-47-32.jpeg

USAFA cadet candidate missing last seen Thursday

MISSING: Cadet candidate who reportedly went hiking

Monday evening, the Rocky Mountain National Park confirmed they are assisting in the search for Tice. They say his vehicle was found at the Longs Peak Trailhead Monday afternoon.

They say Tice’s planned destination or route are unknown. They also say the weather was poor on the mountain on Saturday with “significant snow accumulation, extremely high winds and bitter cold temperatures.”

Rescuers will search for Tice on Tuesday morning, focusing on the lower sections of the trail to the Keyhold and Chasm Junction.
Car Of Missing Air Force Academy Cadet Candidate Found At Longs Peak

Doesn't sound good. :(

US Air Force Academy (Official)

USAFA authorities are asking for the public's help in locating Cadet Candidate Micah Tice. Tice is a white male, 5'11", approx. 160 lbs with dark hair and brown eyes. He drives a blue 2003 Toyota Camry, Nevada license plate 230B70. He was last seen the evening of Nov. 22 departing his sponsor's home in Colorado Springs. His parents, who live in Nevada, last spoke to him at about 9 p.m. on Nov. 23.

He told them he was going to do some schoolwork that evening and perhaps take a hike the following day (Nov. 24). His phone signal was last received on Saturday in the area of Woodman and I-25. Air Force Academy Security Forces and local law enforcement have been searching the local community and base trails/peaks.

Anyone with information is asked to contact Academy officials at (719) 375-4111 or the CSPD at (719) 444-7000.
View attachment 157206

USAFA cadet candidate missing last seen Thursday

MISSING: Cadet candidate who reportedly went hiking
That’s a bit of a distance for the last phone signal. It’s a highway drive up from Colorado Springs to RMNP. Wonder why no more signals were picked up. Once he entered the mountainous area, I can understand. Just seems to me his phone would still be active for longer than that on a drive north. Also to tell his parents he was going to hike the next day. Longs Peak is a bit of a stretch for a day hike, especially this time of year. In fact, it’s next to impossible at the moment. Feels strange to me. Jmo

Last edited:
Oh no.

Why would anyone go alone on a hike in such weather? It's hard for me to understand. Is he an avid hiker, has he been to Longs Peak before?
Wondering the same, or if this was a curiosity to him since he's from Las Vegas. Not the best choice for this time of year and he didn't appear to have started early enough to make a dent in it. Plus...the weather !!

The Keyhole and Longs Peak via Longs Peak Trail

Major King‏ @MajorDenver7

Search crews from #RMNP are gathering at this hour to look for USAF Academy Cadet Candidate Micah Tice, 20, missing since Friday from the #LongsPeak trailhead. The #cowx Saturday saw snow, high winds & bitter temperatures @DenverChannel

Major King on Twitter

(Video at link)
I've read conflicting media reports (what else is new) and most I've read have said he went hiking (and missing) Saturday. Friday missing does not match with talking to his parents Friday evening saying he was going to do some school work and then go hiking Saturday. But, again, I did read one report that said he talked to his sponsor during Thanksgiving dinner about doing school work THAT night and hiking Friday. Confusing timeline.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back