Missing Since: March, 1983 from Golden, Jefferson County, Colorado
Classification: Missing
Date Of Birth: October 31, 1960
Height: 6'0"
Weight: 170 lbs.
Hair Color: Brown/auburn; curly
Eye Color: Brown
Race: White
Distinguishing Characteristics: Large scar on his right knee from major knee surgery. A full beard.
Clothing: Last seen wearing tattered blue jeans, a flannel shirt and either tennis shoes or work boots.
Case Number: 86-8214
NCIC Number: M-202456605

Details of Disappearance:

Mitchell Hein moved out of his parent's house in Golden, Colorado in 1980. He traveled extensively over the next three years working odd jobs such as rebuilding boats, a car mechanic and work in the oil fields.

He was known to have been in Houston, Texas, Galveston, Texas, Clinton, Oklahoma, Neosho, Missouri, and Indio, California. Mr. Hein would send his parents postcards and would visit once a year during Christmas holidays.

In December, 1982 Mr. Hein came home to Colorado for a visit and abruptly left in late January or early February 1983 without saying goodbye to anyone. He was carrying his clothes and belongings in a black trash bag.

According to a friend, Mr. Hein showed up in Clinton, Oklahoma and then in early March 1983 he hitched a ride with a friend's father to California. When they stopped for the night in Indio, California Mr. Hein left the hotel room and has not been seen or heard from since.

Mitch may have been involved in drugs and was described by some friends as being anti-establishment. It was reported that Mitch had thrown away his driver's license, social security card and may have had no form of identification on him.

If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
Jefferson County Sheriff's Office
(303) 271-5619

There's something about him, maybe that awesome hair... Sounds like a free spirit.

I wonder if he might have suffered from any mental illness, male in his early 20s always makes me think of this possibility. I think it's strange he didn't say goodbye to anyone when he abruptly left his parents' house for the last time. Also, throwing away his driver's license, SS card etc. reminds me of Christopher McCandless...

I think there might be a good chance Mitch is still alive and living somewhere the way he wants to live, whatever that may be.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Starlight86
Back