CO CO - Nonnie Dotson, 33, Littleton, 19 Nov 2006

Scott Peterson stated he wasn't at the San Francisco Bay either & he is in San Quinton.

Sounded to me like the boyfriend was a fast talker & his lawyer in one article I read said he was in San Antoin or Fredricksberg. I thought ok where was he really at? If his own lawyer didn't know what the heck???????

I think something is mighty wrong with his story. I wonder if they spoke of a lie detector test????

absolut said:
Edward Vehle has told authorities he was in Texas when Nonnie Dotson turned up missing. He also has provided supporting information on his whereabouts. Authorities have not commented on his interveiew with him

In other developments, the Air Force now lists Nonnie as as 'missing', this is a change from 'whereabouts unkown'. This comes after her commander's own investigation of the facts of the case.

Air Force lists status of nurse as 'missing'

Link: Rocky Mountain News: Local.
Just because he wasn't there doesn't mean he didn't have someone do it for him.

A man who fathered the daughter of a missing Air Force nurse met with an investigator in Texas for less than an hour Wednesday, authorities said.

"I completely cooperated with the investigation," Edward Vehle, 53, told the Rocky Mountain News as he left the office of his San Antonio criminal defense lawyer, Jay S. Norton.

Authorities were seeking information about Nonnie Dotson, 33, who hasn't been seen since leaving her brother's Lttleton, Colo., home for a walk Nov. 19. She and her 16-month-old daughter were visiting from Lackland Air Force Base in Texas, where she's stationed.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/10481345/detail.html

The little girl is with Dotson's brother here in Colorado. So the father contests paternity, is court-ordered to pay child support, and now he is seeking full custody of his daughter? Something is fishy here allright. I think LE should look at Vehle and his associates a little more closely.

The 33-year-old nurse at Lackland Air Force Base in San Antonio hasn't been seen or heard from since she left her brother's home in Littleton, Colorado, on November 19th. Her 16-month-old daughter -- which Vehle fathered -- is now in the custody of a grandparent in California.
http://www.newschannel5.tv/News/Other/5003/

http://www.crimelibrary.com/news/original/1206/0701_nonnie_dotson2.html

In recent days I have received several emails in regards to rumors that Vehle has filed for custody of 16-month-old Savannah Marie, the child he had with Nonnie. I spoke with Nonnie's mother, Candice, today, who currently has the child with her in California. She said the family has not heard from Vehle or the state of Texas.

"I am aware of the rumors, but we have not received any paperwork regarding custody," Candice said. "If it were true, I would have to get a lawyer and find out what our rights are."

In addition to Candice's comments, The Denver Post published an article yesterday, in which they quote Vehle's attorney saying his client was not opposed to Nonnie's parents caring for Savannah Marie.

I can't imagine this man going to court for custody of this little girl. He hasn't wanted anything to do with her since her birth and probably doesn't feel any attachment to her at all. That is good that Nonnie's mom has the baby. I just wish they could find Nonnie.

From what I heard on...I believe it was Catherine Crier today...when Nonnie left her brother's house that day she just said that she was going out for a while and left. No one had a chance to ask her where she was going or anything.

Bobbisangel said:
I can't imagine this man going to court for custody of this little girl. He hasn't wanted anything to do with her since her birth and probably doesn't feel any attachment to her at all. That is good that Nonnie's mom has the baby. I just wish they could find Nonnie.

From what I heard on...I believe it was Catherine Crier today...when Nonnie left her brother's house that day she just said that she was going out for a while and left. No one had a chance to ask her where she was going or anything.

I read early on that she told her brother she was going for a smoothie.

I agree about custody. If he has not been an involved father, it would be better if Nonnie's mother raised her. At least she will be with people she knows and loves and who love her.

I heard on one show that the dad had said that he was glad that the baby is with Nonnie's mom. This guy is in his 50's and single...I believe. I have a hard time seeing him wanting to take on a baby to raise aside from the fact that he hasn't wanted anything to do with her. I hope that was just a rumor.

What would he gain by making Nonnie dissappear? Won't he still have to pay child support for the little girl? I would assume that he would pay it to whomever raises Nonnie's daughter, am I wrong?

Jodibug said:
What would he gain by making Nonnie dissappear? Won't he still have to pay child support for the little girl? I would assume that he would pay it to whomever raises Nonnie's daughter, am I wrong?

Men often think they will be able to raise the child cheaper. Many view child support as paying the mother and highly resent it.

I don't think that the baby's father is involved. He sees himself as a playboy and it sounds like he could afford to pay child support. Doesn't he have a solid alibi? Besides, as him and Nonnie hadn't even had any contact with each other he would have had no way of knowing that she was going to be at her brother's home.

I think that Nonnie met up with someone while she was out dancing and they met the following day. Maybe she didn't want to tell her brother that she was leaving the house to meet up with some guy. Something has happened to her and it doesn't seem logical that she just decided to up and leave her little girl and take off.

SewingDeb said:
Men often think they will be able to raise the child cheaper. Many view child support as paying the mother and highly resent it.

This much is true, but I just don't think this guy wanted the baby. I don't think he had any desire to raise her.

Who was the child with when she disappeared? Was the child with her father? Who had the child while she went out the night before?

Becba said:
Who was the child with when she disappeared? Was the child with her father? Who had the child while she went out the night before?
I believe the child was with her brother.

This is a strange case. Sorta like Tara Grinstead. Many players but no real motive but lots of opportunity.

concernedperson said:
I believe the child was with her brother.

This is a strange case. Sorta like Tara Grinstead. Many players but no real motive but lots of opportunity.
Thanks. Crime Library is taking a poll as to how many think the father of the child is involved. It made me curious if the father has tried to get the child since the mother disappeared. I think it would be dumb to take a poll at this stage when the father or the men from the bar could have a hand in her going missing.
I am sure LE has found the men from the bar by now and interviewed them. At least I hope so.
So sad.

The father's lawyer has stated the father is going to seek custody of his daughter.

The dad told the judge he'd pay support for the little girl but he never wanted to see her or be any part of her life. Some kind of Dad huh????

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VT_Squire
Back