CO - Olivia Gant, 7, died after long illness, Denver, 2017 *mom arrested murder, fraud, theft, abuse

Discussion in 'Crimes-Spotlight on Children' started by Proud Country Gal, Oct 21, 2019.

1. Proud Country Gal

Proud Country Gal Not all who wander are lost...

Mother of girl who died after long illness indicted on murder, theft, fraud and child abuse allegations

Mother of girl who died after long illness indicted on murder, theft, fraud and child abuse allegations
    Olivia Gant's story played out on TV as she checked items off her "bucket list" before succumbing at age 7.
    DENVER — The 2017 death of Olivia Gant, a 7-year-old whose “bucket list” of final wishes evoked heart-touching news stories, wasn’t the result of multiple diseases – it was a murder carried out by her mother, according to a grand jury indictment unsealed Monday and obtained by 9Wants to Know.

cocomod, MsMarple, kimpage and 9 others like this.

2. Laughing

Laughing Rarely Speechless

how sad....

kimpage, gitana1, Lgreen and 3 others like this.
  3. LadyL

LadyL Well-Known Member

disgusting - I hope she rots under the jail
    her daughter probably died because she was feeding her medications she didn't need, like the anti-seizure pills

4. Proud Country Gal

Proud Country Gal Not all who wander are lost...

My opinion...... "Mom" KILLED her after putting her through hell....

"But the indictment paints a much more sinister picture: Multiple doctors who didn’t believe Olivia was terminally ill battling a mother who was so persuasive that she convinced one of the physicians to sign a “do not resuscitate” order and ultimately withdrew all of her daughter’s medical care – including what is known as Total Parenteral Nutrition, which provided nourishment through an intravenous line.

At the time, according to the indictment, Turner argued that Olivia was so sick, and her quality of life so poor, that the humane thing to do was to stop medical care and allow her to die."

Last edited: Oct 22, 2019
    cocomod, MsMarple, NoSI and 6 others like this.
  5. Ksprincess2

Ksprincess2 Well-Known Member

I was hoping someone had made a thread for Olivia! Horrible story and so terrifying that she was able to lie about Olivia's medical history to manipulate doctors. I believe HIPAA is too restrictive and causes parents and patients to be able to hide information from their doctors. Of course most people don't but some do and without permission it's not possible to get any other records.

6. Filly

Filly KICKING AND SHINING

For the love of all the dear children in this world.

Why?

Laughing, Medstudies and borndem like this.
  7. borndem

borndem Anglophile & registered demwit

Mom who touted daughter's 'bucket list' accused in her death :: WRAL.com

Laughing and Medstudies like this.
  8. Ksprincess2

Can anyone find the posts from the blog she wrote about Olivia?

9. oviedo

oviedo Well-Known Member

10. Medstudies

Medstudies # I Can’t Breathe- justice for all

Terminally Ill 6-Year-Old Becomes Firefighter for a Day to Check It Off Her Bucket List

No punishment will be enough. All of it is horrible, what’s scary to me, she may have gotten away with it had she not moved on to her other daughter.

She told 'Make-A-Wish' her daughter was dying. Now, the Colorado mom is charged with murder

... “The investigation into Olivia's death began when doctors at the hospital became suspicious last year after Turner brought in her older daughter because of "bone pain," according to the indictment...”

... “During the investigation, authorities separated Turner from her older daughter to see if the girl would still report the same symptoms. The daughter has not had any additional medical problems or complaints of pain since October 2018, the indictment said.”

Thanks for starting this thread. I’m alerting mod for name correction in header.

NoSI, cattlekate, kimpage and 3 others like this.
  11. duckduck

duckduck Well-Known Member

12. jjenny

jjenny Well-Known Member

Absolutely horrifying.

NoSI and Medstudies like this.
  13. Ksprincess2

I don't think these parents who medically abuse set out to kill their children, initially it starts for attention and financial gain but eventually when their lies get out of control they feel like the child they've been saying is dying for so long has to actually die. Because if that child is dead they get tons of attention and money and no one questions their story anymore. But then as anyone who's lost a family member knows that eventually people move on and there's no more attention or money so she was moving onto the sibling until she was caught.

One of the cases I followed very closely on websleuths is Kate Parker who was medically abusing 3 of her children and had a blog about her children. She was caught when she brought her 7 year son to a hospital to be evaluated for hospice and a Dr. caught on. I believe if she hadn't been caught she was weeks away from killing her son, she already had his funeral planned.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2019
  14. Ksprincess2

Thanks! I wonder if there is another blog somewhere or if she just stated posting updates on Facebook after this.

gitana1 and Medstudies like this.
  15. Angleterre

Angleterre Verified Law Enforcement England

This is a classic case of Munchausens by proxy by the devil mother. I cannot believe that the Drs suspected all was not as it seemed and cannot comprehend why some form of investigation ( intrusive surveillance in hospital for eg) was not undertaken between LE and the medical profession. Where’s the multi agency child protection conference where the risk assessments and known information is discussed and a plan formulated? Where is Social Services involvement? ( or DCFS I think you call it across the pond). I just find it incomprehensible with the way in which your amendment rights are so fiercely protected ( I understand to a degree) that children are routinely ‘At Risk’ and your HIPPA laws prevent disclosure to enable a child to be protected... Please someone tell me that I have it all so wrong? This poor child.
    I have investigated MBP before now and had various investigative methods deployed both overt and covert in order to trap the parent and protect the child. Where is this vulnerable child’s protection by the one person that she should have been protected by? I am so mad about this . And then you have Dee Dee Blanchard who was subject to MBP by her mother and the only way out that she could envisage was to murder her mother. Who protected this girl then ? Correct me if I’m wrong but didn’t She ,DDB , get arrested and charged with murder and was subject of a trial and period of imprisonment? Something seriously HAS TO and MUST CHANGE to support our young children. I am so sorry sweet young lady that you suffered so much in your short life that ended with you so cruelly being taken from this life . My heart is broken!

16. Lgreen

Lgreen Active Member

17. Ksprincess2

Ok so that blog covers 2011 and part of 2012. So I would guess there is a 3rd or 4th blog out there. I wonder when she dropped the part about the sister "S" being sick too because she talks quite a bit about her medical needs in PrayfortheGantgirls, almost making her seem sicker than Olivia and says she's taking her to Colorado to be admitted to National Jewish Hospital but doesn't mention S at all in the next blog that has some entries from 2014. Kelly's writing is total word vomit. She is very wordy and seems to write in 3rd person and is so obviously desperate for attention. I feel like at some point her husband maybe started to catch on to what she was doing or suspected something because in the 2011 entries she mentions him quite a bit but by 2012 refers to just herself and her girls and says she's going to Colorado to have the 2 youngest admitted. Also wondering if Doctors in Texas were starting to question her so she had to take the girls away and find a new audience.

So blogs so far are:
    2011-2012
    PrayfortheGantgirls
    End of 2014
    Prayers For Olivia Gant

18. jjenny

jjenny Well-Known Member

Dee Dee Blanchard was the mother, Gypsy Blanchard was the daughter who got her boyfriend to kill her mother. Dee Dee claimed Gypsy was sick, had mentality of a child and couldn't walk. None of it was true. Gypsy was subjected to all kind of horrific medical child abuse over her life. Gypsy got a plea deal of 10 years in her mother's murder.

cocomod, gitana1 and Medstudies like this.
  19. jjenny

jjenny Well-Known Member

Yes, Munchausen by Proxy parents don't usually set out to kill their children, they do it for attention and nowdays seems like for monetary gains (presents, make a wish, internet funding websites, etc). Sometimes children do die from medical procedures or medical abuse they are subjected to. This particular case seems to be different, as mother wanted to stop all medical care.

gitana1, cattlekate and Medstudies like this.
  20. jjenny

jjenny Well-Known Member

Maybe malnutrition/starvation? As far as I can tell the child had feeding tube and IV line (that she apparently didn't need to begin with) that mother wanted to withdraw?