GUILTY CO - Olivia Gant, 7, died after long illness, Denver, 2017 *mom arrested murder, fraud, theft, abuse

Dee Dee Blanchard was the mother, Gypsy Blanchard was the daughter who got her boyfriend to kill her mother. Dee Dee claimed Gypsy was sick, had mentality of a child and couldn't walk. None of it was true. Gypsy was subjected to all kind of horrific medical child abuse over her life. Gypsy got a plea deal of 10 years in her mother's murder.

Gypsy Rose is "happy" and "optimistic" in prison, as described in this recent article. There are efforts underway to obtain clemency for her.

Gypsy Rose Blanchard Is 'Happy' and 'Optimistic' in Prison: Interview with Rod Blanchard, Gypsy's Dad

One of the cases I followed very closely on websleuths is Kate Parker who was medically abusing 3 of her children and had a blog about her children. She was caught when she brought her 7 year son to a hospital to be evaluated for hospice and a Dr. caught on. I believe if she hadn't been caught she was weeks away from killing her son, she already had his funeral planned.

And... she got off on most of the charges and her son mentioned above now has mysterious swallowing issues that he didn't have before. :rolleyes:

And... she got off on most of the charges and her son mentioned above now has mysterious swallowing issues that he didn't have before. :rolleyes:

Ugh yes she got off so easy and not suprising that her son is having mysterious issues since she is still allowed to live with him:mad: thank goodness the little girls were removed from her!

Apparently this woman had three daughters. Little Olivia is dead, the older girl was removed from the mother, what happened to the third daughter?

"Olivia Gant’s mother brought her to the emergency room when she was 2, saying the girl was having trouble eating. Kelly Turner, who had recently moved to Colorado from Texas with her three daughters, told the doctor she had problems nursing and other complications feeding Olivia since she was born."
Olivia Gant's Murder Case Raises Questions About What Doctors Knew

Apparently this woman had three daughters. Little Olivia is dead, the older girl was removed from the mother, what happened to the third daughter?

"Olivia Gant’s mother brought her to the emergency room when she was 2, saying the girl was having trouble eating. Kelly Turner, who had recently moved to Colorado from Texas with her three daughters, told the doctor she had problems nursing and other complications feeding Olivia since she was born."

The oldest daughter is a young adult now. The one removed from her care in 2018 was the middle child, I think she's an early teenager now and Olivia was the youngest.

Interesting that her medical abuse was of the 2 youngest, particularly Olivia, and not her first child. I'm wondering if something happened along the way to cause her to need more attention and thus she began seeking it through the younger children?

Dee Dee Blanchard was the mother, Gypsy Blanchard was the daughter who got her boyfriend to kill her mother. Dee Dee claimed Gypsy was sick, had mentality of a child and couldn't walk. None of it was true. Gypsy was subjected to all kind of horrific medical child abuse over her life. Gypsy got a plea deal of 10 years in her mother's murder.

I’m horrified and fascinated by these cases. We had a poster on here that ended up being charged in Oregon. She started adopting foreign kids with Down syndrome and subjecting them to endless medical stuff as well after almost killing a biological child. Total grifter.

There’s video of her telling her son he was going to the angels. So creepy and evil.

Then there was that monster who pointed her beautiful little boy Garnett with salt. Terrible death. For no reason.

Three women I read about from the 50’s-80’s who suffocated a succession of their babies. Often they’d just smother them until they turned blue and seized. Then they’d revive them. So these babies would have to endure repeated suffocation’s and revivals. Then they all ultimately couldn’t be revived.

I can’t really think about that level of torment and fear on the part of small infants at the hands of their mothers. It might make me insane.

Yes, Munchausen by Proxy parents don't usually set out to kill their children, they do it for attention and nowdays seems like for monetary gains (presents, make a wish, internet funding websites, etc). Sometimes children do die from medical procedures or medical abuse they are subjected to. This particular case seems to be different, as mother wanted to stop all medical care.

Mary Beth Tinning. I think she killed nine babies.

Waneta Hoyt killed five.

Another was this woman from Texas who killed her daughter and almost killed her son. Tanya Reíd:

“In and out of hospitals since birth, angelic nine-month-old Morgan Reid finally succumbed to what appeared to be Sudden Infant Death Syndrome. Morgan's Texas-born mother Tanya, a nurse and devoted wife, pulled up stakes with her grieving husband Jim, and moved on. It was the best way to put the past behind them. Until their son Michael, a boy who by all accounts was terrified of his mother, began showing signs of the same affliction that stole the life of his baby sister...”

Cruel Deception: The True Story of Multiple Murder and Two Devastated Families|NOOK Book

I read books about all these cases. And more. And the psychology and bizarre, attention-seeking behavior is fascinating.

I think the killer of little Sandra Cantu was one of these. False claims of rape and mysterious arsons sometimes follow these freaks as well.

Gypsy Rose is "happy" and "optimistic" in prison, as described in this recent article. There are efforts underway to obtain clemency for her.

Gypsy Rose Blanchard Is 'Happy' and 'Optimistic' in Prison: Interview with Rod Blanchard, Gypsy's Dad
Thank you I watched the Netflix series and to be honest I felt ambivalent about everything - was she abused ? Yes IMO -did she manipulate the BF into killing ? yes IMO but was it a reaction to her abuse ? I do believe this - her entire childhood and teenage years were warped IMO

It’s amazing but she’s freer in prison than she ever was before.

But I’m worried about who she is going to become. She should’ve been in a hospital getting intensive therapy. Not prison. Exposed to more many manipulative criminals.

And she’s damaged psychologically. She said herself that she lies so much even she doesn’t know what’s true and what’s not.

The oldest daughter is a young adult now. The one removed from her care in 2018 was the middle child, I think she's an early teenager now and Olivia was the youngest.

Interesting that her medical abuse was of the 2 youngest, particularly Olivia, and not her first child. I'm wondering if something happened along the way to cause her to need more attention and thus she began seeking it through the younger children?
Well, she moved from Texas with the daughters, but husband stayed behind. Maybe the presence of husband prevented the abuse of the oldest daughter?

That’s the one who was a member here. Pretty active in Kyron’s case. Her case is in the basement.

There’s some group who published this whole thing about how she was innocent and her adopted kids still have issues or whatever. But I saw the video of her telling her kid he was going to the angels. He wasn’t anywhere near death.

They reached a plea deal whereby she plead to child endangerment and neglect. Husband is the only one who can be in charge of the kids’ medical issues. But she got them back and these women invariably marry super passive men.

That ending frustrated me.

She’s much older. I don’t think she had graduated to harming her kids until the third was born.

I don't think these parents who medically abuse set out to kill their children, initially it starts for attention and financial gain but eventually when their lies get out of control they feel like the child they've been saying is dying for so long has to actually die. Because if that child is dead they get tons of attention and money and no one questions their story anymore. But then as anyone who's lost a family member knows that eventually people move on and there's no more attention or money so she was moving onto the sibling until she was caught.

One of the cases I followed very closely on websleuths is Kate Parker who was medically abusing 3 of her children and had a blog about her children. She was caught when she brought her 7 year son to a hospital to be evaluated for hospice and a Dr. caught on. I believe if she hadn't been caught she was weeks away from killing her son, she already had his funeral planned.

Where can i find more info on this? I think this is someone whose blog I used to follow. Praying for Noah or something like that. And then suddenly she disappeared because people were persecuting them and lying about them. And then suddenly Noah was better. That's when I suspecting something was off. But I've not heard more about them.

Where can i find more info on this? I think this is someone whose blog I used to follow. Praying for Noah or something like that. And then suddenly she disappeared because people were persecuting them and lying about them. And then suddenly Noah was better. That's when I suspecting something was off. But I've not heard more about them.

I don't think I can link the thread cause it's in the basement but search Kate Parker in the search box. Also if you Google Kate Parker Grant's Pass Oregon quite a bit comes up including a blog written seeking justice for her kids that has lots of info.

What's really upsetting is that poor Olivia had multiple surgeries, had a feeding tube put in, had an ostomy bag put in, supposedly suffered from a variety of diseases, and no doctor suspected Munchausen by proxy? This child could have been saved as far as I am concerned. The clues were there if only somebody followed them.

That’s the one who was a member here. Pretty active in Kyron’s case. Her case is in the basement.

There’s some group who published this whole thing about how she was innocent and her adopted kids still have issues or whatever. But I saw the video of her telling her kid he was going to the angels. He wasn’t anywhere near death.

They reached a plea deal whereby she plead to child endangerment and neglect. Husband is the only one who can be in charge of the kids’ medical issues. But she got them back and these women invariably marry super passive men.

That ending frustrated me.

Some media group said that it was in the records the kid was terminal and had a chromosome abnormality. Convienently, they never came up with the person who actually diagnosed them. (There seems to be a concentrated movement to convince people medical child abuse doesn't exist.)

I don't think I can link the thread cause it's in the basement but search Kate Parker in the search box. Also if you Google Kate Parker Grant's Pass Oregon quite a bit comes up including a blog written seeking justice for her kids that has lots of info.

Nevermind beatrixpotter Kate Parkers son's name isn't Noah like the blog you were looking for. I know the blog your thinking of and the Mom has the same first name but last name isn't Parker.

Last edited:
Some media group said that it was in the records the kid was terminal and had a chromosome abnormality. Convienently, they never came up with the person who actually diagnosed them. (There seems to be a concentrated movement to convince people medical child abuse doesn't exist.)

Yes. It was an advocacy group of some kind that fought to repair her name. Kid got better out of her control. No longer on deaths door.

I remember evil mom Kathy Bush saying the reason her daughter Jennifer got better out of her mon’s care was she “outgrew” her catastrophic illnesses. That’s a common claim.

What's really upsetting is that poor Olivia had multiple surgeries, had a feeding tube put in, had an ostomy bag put in, supposedly suffered from a variety of diseases, and no doctor suspected Munchausen by proxy? This child could have been saved as far as I am concerned. The clues were there if only somebody followed them.

Oh no. I think multiple doctors thought something was wrong but it’s hard to confront and once they do these moms tend to bounce to another doctor.

But they’re all really good at fooling doctors for a long time:

“While it's thought that around 1% of the population has Munchausen syndrome by proxy, it's likely under diagnosed because those with the disorder are master manipulators. People with Munchausen syndrome by proxy appear to be dedicated caretakers, according to the Cleveland Clinic. Because of this, they are often the lastpeople to be suspected of abusing someone in their care.

These people stay by the bedside of loved ones, appear knowledgable about medical conditions, and seem genuinely concerned. However, people with Munchausen syndrome by proxy often contaminate lab tests or falsify medical records. In addition, they are fully aware that what they are doing is wrong, but will deny any and all accusations if they are confronted. Often people are afraid to challenge caregivers who seem devoted, even if some of what they say is absurd.”
10 Facts About Munchausen Syndrome By Proxy That Go Beyond “The Act”

Much more at link about who, what other things they lie about, why, etc.

“There are several reasons MSBP is difficult to identify. The perpetrator, normally the mother, appears to be the perfect, loving, committed parent. What mother doesn’t rush her child to the hospital if he or she is ill, whenever necessary? What mother doesn’t want to be deeply involved with her child’s medical care and treatment, to the point of sacrificing her own health and well-being?

The symptoms of the young MSBP victims are those common to childhood ailments everywhere: Fevers, diarrhea, headaches, vomiting, allergies, infections, etc. Why would any nurse or doctor attribute these symptoms to anything but normal childhood sicknesses? Even the more serious of symptoms such as seizures, malnutrition, and failure to thrive don’t raise the Munchausen’s flag immediately. What choice does a doctor have but accept the patient history provided by the mother and father?

Even though identifying MSBP has its challenges, and one or two of the following symptoms alone don’t conclusively diagnose the syndrome, here are the classic red flags to watch for:”

Munchausen by Proxy Syndrome: What Healthcare Workers Should Know

About 500 new cases of fabricated or forced illness, commonly known as Munchausen by proxy syndrome, go undetected in Britain each year, according to experts. The condition is rarely diagnosed because healthcare officials are “fearful of raising their head above the parapet”, according to Paul Davis, chairman of the Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health working group on the problem.

“These cases are incredibly difficult to detect as doctors develop quite a close relationship with the parent of their patient,” Dr Davis said. “The parents are not stupid. They often come up with symptoms that they know the doctor cannot double-check.
Parents fool doctors with fake illnesses

Can you tell if you are being lied to by a parent/caregiver? Research has consistently found that conscious assessments of veracity are only slightly more accurate than chance.6Published case reports suggest that any disorder can be successfully falsified. One describes a case of factitious cystic fibrosis that included a falsified history, altered sweat tests and stool fat analyses, and sputum samples stolen from cystic fibrosis patients.7 Another describes a patient with factitious chronic intestinal pseudo-obstruction who received a small-bowel transplant.8 Falsified mental health problems have included learning disorders, attention deficit disorder, autism spectrum disorder, and bipolar disorder.9,10
Munchausen by Proxy and Factitious Disorder Imposed on Another

Well, in this case, mom decided to stop all medical care because child's quality of life was supposedly just too poor. Feeding tube is considered medical care. How was that allowed is beyond my understanding. Authorities have taken children from parents who don't want to give their children chemo for cancer, for instance. But in this case, sounds like little Olivia wasn't being given nutrition in the end, and nobody thought to remove her from mother's care? Some doctors are even quoted saying they didn't believe Olivia had a terminal condition. It sounds like Olivia didn't have any conditions that would have required a feeding tube to begin with.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Quincy_M.E.
Back