Found Safe CO - Olivia Schack, 19, Michael Gomez, 20, & 2 dogs, went to mountains camping, Arvada, 12 Mar 2019

cybervampira

Reaction score
Arvada Police Department, Colorado

Arvada PD Missing Person Case #2019-005668

Missing:
Michael Lee Gomez age 20
Olivia Megan Schack age 19

Vehicle:
2010 Lincoln MKX SUV Lic #DZO411/CO Silver

Tuesday afternoon, March 12, 2019 Michael and Olivia went to the mountains camping. They were expecting to sleep in the vehicle. They had two dogs with them as well. They did not let any family members know of their destination other than the mountains. They have not been heard from since and family are concerned for their safety due to the recent storm. Cell phones are not active. Michael missed a surgical appointment on Thursday morning.

Any information contact Inv. Duane Eaton 303-435-4106

upload_2019-3-15_15-22-5.jpeg

Arvada Police: 2 People Went Missing On Trip To Mountain

Arvada police searching for young man, woman missing after camping trip to mountains

[...]

According to family members, the two love to camp and didn't realize that a snowstorm was coming in.

Gomez' mom told FOX31 that the only things missing in his room are his camping gear and winter gear. She said that he was due home to have surgery on Thursday and Olivia has a mission trip coming up.

"Olivia is huge into going into the mountains, just like Mikey," said his mom Jeanette Noriega. "That’s how they got to be so close. She has a trip to Costa Rica coming up so they aren’t just kids that will pick up and take off."

Is he sick? Or just a bad picture?
(Mentioned going in for a surgery, didn’t know if he had been sick prior to the impromptu camping trip)

I hope they are found soon!!

Attachments

• 9348D108-D224-4516-9FB0-E5A876CA2DF4.jpeg
    9348D108-D224-4516-9FB0-E5A876CA2DF4.jpeg
    94.7 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Is he sick? Or just a bad picture?
(Mentioned going in for a surgery, didn’t know if he had been sick prior to the impromptu camping trip)

I hope they are found soon!!

His face seems to be swollen, I thought perhaps he was slated for oral surgery but article mentions he would be immobile after surgery.

Arvada police searching for young man, woman missing after camping trip to mountains

[...]

According to family members, the two love to camp and didn't realize that a snowstorm was coming in.

Gomez' mom told FOX31 that the only things missing in his room are his camping gear and winter gear. She said that he was due home to have surgery on Thursday and Olivia has a mission trip coming up.

"Olivia is huge into going into the mountains, just like Mikey," said his mom Jeanette Noriega. "That’s how they got to be so close. She has a trip to Costa Rica coming up so they aren’t just kids that will pick up and take off."

How does one not know of an impending storm! They are forecast days in advance. Smh

Really? It's CO in March and they didn't check the weather...hmmm, that just doesn't sound right to me! who doesn't check the weather before a camping trip. very odd.

It was about 65 Tuesday and really pretty. We were being warned of a blizzard on Tuesday but none of us really believed the hype. But it DID come and was pretty bad, depending on where you were in CO. I can believe a 19yo and 20yo didn't heed warnings. I just wonder where they normally go. I would assume up I-70 somewhere if they're from Arvada.

It was about 65 Tuesday and really pretty. We were being warned of a blizzard on Tuesday but none of us really believed the hype. But it DID come and was pretty bad, depending on where you were in CO. I can believe a 19yo and 20yo didn't heed warnings. I just wonder where they normally go. I would assume up I-70 somewhere if they're from Arvada.

Well thanks for local input. I’m not in CO but we get forecasts 8 days out, they are pretty accurate. We were @72 yesterday, 45 today, so it happens.
IMO, they will be found safe. Hopefully they are only snowed in. Since I’m not from the area, I can’t imagine how far from the main road they might be.

I thought they might get weather alerts on their phones. Assuming phones were working at some point.

Last edited:
Well thanks for local input. I’m not in CO but we get forecasts 8 days out, they are pretty accurate. We were @72 yesterday, 45 today, so it happens.
IMO, they will be found safe. Hopefully they are only snowed in. Since I’m not from the area, I can’t imagine how far from the main road they might be.

Even if they headed up the interstate, there are SO many places they could be and we've had a lot of avalanches in the past couple of weeks where we usually don't have them. I'd be more concerned about that than the snow storm. Again, considering their age, I understand the lack of judgement. They think they have phones, a car, and snacks, they're fine. Always tell people where you're headed!

Always tell people where you're headed!
Or at least the general area, if you don't know exactly where you want to go. I can see these two heading up I-70 or whichever way they took looking for forest access roads that look to be well plowed to pull off on and find a spot to spend the night, or a forest campground.

Given they were going to sleep in the vehicle, I hope they didn't leave the car running for warmth with the possible carbon monoxide poisoning that could occur. It looks like most I-70 ski resort areas got a foot or less of snow in the last 3 days, hoping they just got stuck in some snow not too far off a main road and will be found soon.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave
Back