CO - Police search for possible kidnapping victim, Colorado Springs

I say look for her like her life depended on it then ask questions later.

wow, thats is scarey. that one still pic of the suv, you can tell he was looking at camera (at least it looked like he did). scary dude, praying for her :please:

Photo of the guy from the back, still trying to capture some better images:

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-04-10-23-53-00~2.jpg
    Screenshot_2016-04-10-23-53-00~2.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 108
  • Screenshot_2016-04-11-00-01-42.jpg
    Screenshot_2016-04-11-00-01-42.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 104
The one pic looked to be from inside the store at the counter.Did she say anything to the cashier? A cashier looks to be outside looking what is happening.

I see no gun Margarita,he looked to be pulling up his sagging pants waiting to see if she would run again.
I hate to speculate when it could be many things but she still may be in a bad situation.

I was thinking the same thing.She may have had that hoodie on not for cold but to not be noticed.I would hate to be wrong though and it still needs to be checked.
I bet she walked off and or got out of the car somewhere else and he drove around looking for her til he found her.

Yeah, they do need to make sure she's truly safe, even if he is family. It does look like he had something in his right hand when he was looking at her in the back seat and started to walk around the back of the vehicle, possibly a gun. Watching it again, it appears he had something in his hand (phone?) when he grabbed the handle of the front door. One doesn't exclude the other though.

Yeah, they do need to make sure she's truly safe, even if he is family. It does look like he had something in his right hand when he was looking at her in the back seat and started to walk around the back of the vehicle, possibly a gun. Watching it again, it appears he had something in his hand (phone?) when he grabbed the handle of the front door. One doesn't exclude the other though.

I think those might be car keys in his right hand.He would not leave them in the ignition while putting her in the front seat.She could have easily grabbed them.

I'm thinking there will be a quick resolution here, whatever the case is, due to the surveillance video released. It's got the vehicle, the man and the girl.

I'm wondering what caused her to stay in the back seat? Another person? She is dressed very heavily based on the others in the video.
No matter what the situation is, the driver certainly wasn't concerned about the survellience cameras.

I'm thinking there will be a quick resolution here, whatever the case is, due to the surveillance video released. It's got the vehicle, the man and the girl.

I hope it is not too serious because it has been 12 hours since this happened and alot of bad could have happened in that time.You would think someone who knew this man or the female would have alerted them or the police by now.

I'm wondering what caused her to stay in the back seat? Another person? She is dressed very heavily based on the others in the video.
No matter what the situation is, the driver certainly wasn't concerned about the survellience cameras.

If you look at the video there is a still shot of him in the vehicle and you can clearly see no one else is in the car.This is when he first drives up.

At first I thought possibly father/daughter spat, but have had a closer look at the video and there is some unusual activity by other vehicles.

At the very beginning as the Acura comes from the industrial park lot across the street, it almost intersects with a full-size white car (#1) that comes from the left. Then as the Acura comes into the gas station from the left, a full-size white car (#2) comes into the gas station from the right (can't tell if it is the same white car, but looks newer and wheels look different). Then at 1:17 where the girl/witness? is on her cell phone, if you look across the street into that industrial park, it looks like that same white car #1 has circled the block and is coming back through the industrial park lot that the Acura originally came from. It seems to come into the gas station lot. At the end of the video, the other white car #2 that had pulled into the gas station earlier is again seen coming back into the gas station lot .. but again from the right of the screen (the direction it initially arrived).

It's all very weird and smacks to me of there possibly being more vehicles than just the Acura involved.

At about :43, it very briefly looks like it is her hand that touches the back door handle as if to start opening the door.

The back door may have the child safety lock on. If the child safety lock was set she would not be able to open the door from the inside.

Child safety locks in the back make a lot of sense. It didn't even cross my mind.
My sense is that they are not total strangers. I think the gal knew she better not jump to the front for another escape.

Very troubling and the video is all over the place. I'm hoping for good news today.

Looks to me more like an angry parent and a disgusted teen than an abduction. She didn't just get back out of the vehicle, she slammed the door.

Exactly, I have seen a number of threads like this, that turn out to be nothing more then normal parent-child activity. From what I see, there was no crime committed in that video. The female clearly opened the back door, got in on her own initiative, and slammed the door closed. The behavior of both parties was mildly bizarre, but no indication of a crime.

I’m disturbed by the video, but not for the same reason others are. I’m disturbed by it, because 1. It’s a waste of police time to investigate something where there is no clear evidence that a crime was committed, and 2. It’s an invasion of privacy of the two people shown in the video. Looks to me like just another case of the police trying to get involved in peoples personal lives, when they have committed no crime.

I was thinking the same thing.She may have had that hoodie on not for cold but to not be noticed.I would hate to be wrong though and it still needs to be checked.
I bet she walked off and or got out of the car somewhere else and he drove around looking for her til he found her.

I doubt that she was trying not to be noticed. The weather at the time was 68°F, wind was 11.5 mph, and thunderstorms were in the area. If she was walking, I don’t think it would be unusual for a female that age, to be wearing a light hoodie like that.

Weather History for KCOS - Saturday, April 9, 2016

The back door may have the child safety lock on. If the child safety lock was set she would not be able to open the door from the inside.

Thats a good point. Kidnappers have even been known to remove the inside door handles. But why would he have put her in the front seat, where she could easily get out? Only then did she voluntarily get into the back seat. If that was his plan, then he would have forced her into the back seat to begin with.

Exactly, I have seen a number of threads like this, that turn out to be nothing more then normal parent-child activity. From what I see, there was no crime committed in that video. The female clearly opened the back door, got in on her own initiative, and slammed the door closed. The behavior of both parties was mildly bizarre, but no indication of a crime.

I’m disturbed by the video, but not for the same reason others are. I’m disturbed by it, because 1. It’s a waste of police time to investigate something where there is no clear evidence that a crime was committed, and 2. It’s an invasion of privacy of the two people shown in the video. Looks to me like just another case of the police trying to get involved in peoples personal lives, when they have committed no crime.

I didn't catch her opening the back door when I watched the video last night. (It's at 00:44 of the Gazette video if anyone else wants to check.)

I think it's in the gray area between everyone minding their own business and reporting suspicious activity. The young woman who walked into view after the vehicle drove off probably was involved in reporting the incident. i suspect no one questioned the girl or the man or overheard anything that would clarify that the situation was (mostly) benign.

I was a privacy advocate long before so many people began putting so much of their lives on the net, I'm not a fan of people sharing videos of strangers' embarrassing moments, et al, but legally the expectation of privacy in public spaces is usurped when someone is endangered. That has often served society well but whether that's the case here or not, we don't yet know.

rsbm

Looks to me like just another case of the police trying to get involved in peoples personal lives, when they have committed no crime.

I doubt the police are just "trying to get involved in pepoles personal lives". We do not know for sure that no crime has been committed. At the end of the video, there are clearly people who were physically there that witnessed it who were concerned (the girl on her phone, the clerk). If there's a chance that somebody was abducted, it is the police's job to thoroughly investigate it just in case. If this turns out to be just a family spat, then that's great, but it would be negligent imo to not air the video. What if she really is in trouble and nobody did anything? That would be worse. This type of thing is totally a "better safe than sorry" kind of instance. And we do know that time is always of essence in any abduction. If releasing this video leads to finding that this girl is okay, then that is good too and not a waste of time imo.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88
Back