Resolved CO - Pueblo, Black male, #UP99114, 6'6" and found with unique hat and personal items, Oct'22 - namus removed

Hello all:) I just wanted to update you on the reach outs I had mentioned before. I apologize if this ends up sounding disjointed, I sometimes have a problem getting my thoughts into written word form, (a leftover effect of covid, which is frustrating because...I really love words, if that makes any sense:)

Ok, so, I spoke with someone at Laughlin AFB, I don't want to identify this person because I'm not sure if they were necessarily supposed to share any information with me. In the interest of clarity, I'm just going to bullet point the info I got from them.
1) they were aware of this case because a detective had contacted them.
2) they said that the detective had inquired about the keychain, wanting to know if there were records kept that could track that keychain to a specific person. This person told the detective there was not.
3) I asked this person if this keychain was given out during a specific timeframe. They replied they believe it was issued in 2014.
4) They said they had told the detective that if the U.P. had been a soldier, either at Laughlin or anywhere else, their DNA would be on file.
5) They said they also told the detective that Laughlin was a very isolated base/isolated community, and the fact that the U.P. had one of their keychains makes it very likely that they were, at some point, either an enlisted service member, (or their dependant) or a civilian employee on base.
6) This person also said that they had told the detective that since the military base in Colorado Springs (Peterson) is so close to Pueblo, the U.P. could be a service member or civilian stationed there. They said they encouraged the detective to contact the base in Colorado and see if this U.P. could possibly listed as AWOL, because "there's no guarantee [they] would make that connection." This person then explained to me that the reason they mentioned this is because of the recent case in Fort Hood where a soldier, Gregory Morales, was listed as AWOL (and later "Deserter"), but whose body was found later near the base and whose death was believed to have been the result of foul play.
7) This person said they were never contacted again by the detective.

After this conversation, I decided to contact the appropriate person at Peterson Space Force Base in Colorado Springs to see if they would let me send them the NamUS page/link for this U.P. so that they could check into whether or not this person could be "one of their's".
I ended up speaking to a detective in their investigations department. I will do a separate post for that since this is already so long. I'll do that right now.
interesting! im throwing around dependent in my mind since the keychains are from 2014.

BUMP

I’m really surprised and saddened that the unique/niche items found with this Doe, coupled with his towering height, have not served to point out his identity.
I wonder if LE has time to even figure out what “scene” is represented by the items, and further, to identify and make contact with folks who follow the same culture. Somebody’s bound to remember this unidentified fellow.

Imo

Trying ....

His height isn't 6'6", but only 6'2".

I want to emphasize, that I can't have a look at NameUs (no access). So these informations aren't known to me atm.

Trying ....

His height isn't 6'6", but only 6'2".

I want to emphasize, that I can't have a look at NameUs (no access). So these informations aren't known to me atm.

I just thought about the fact that you may not be able to see the article that I posted, @FromGermany1, so I’m editing to add that it states that TL was located alive and well.

Last edited:

I just thought about the fact that you may not be able to see the article that I posted, @FromGermany1, so I’m editing to add that it states that TL was located alive and well.
Thank you!! I didn't see a corresponding info, only articles about him missing. Wonderful, that he is alive!

The NamUs page for this Doe is down at the moment.
It still is.

Does this mean that he has been identified? If so, is there any way we can find out his identity? Being that there seemed to be no news articles about the discovery of his remains to begin with, I’m assuming there won’t be any announcement/ news about the identification.

I haven’t been around WS long enough to know how all of this works. Do we just take comfort in the fact that the NamUs page is down, and that must mean positive ID has been established? Does the thread die now? I’m nosy and really curious about this case. I understand that his story isn’t any of my business, though.

It still is.

Does this mean that he has been identified? If so, is there any way we can find out his identity? Being that there seemed to be no news articles about the discovery of his remains to begin with, I’m assuming there won’t be any announcement/ news about the identification.

I haven’t been around WS long enough to know how all of this works. Do we just take comfort in the fact that the NamUs page is down, and that must mean positive ID has been established? Does the thread die now? I’m nosy and really curious about this case. I understand that his story isn’t any of my business, though.
Accept that we might never know, and you'll feel honoured if they do eventually tell us more.

I tend to say, the ones that need to know who the person is do know, now, and that's enough for me.

MOO

It still is.

At the following update on namus.nij.ojp.gov the number of open cases for Colorado decreased by one case and the number of resolved cases increased by one case. This case was the only one that was removed in that interval, so this probably means it has been resolved. Unfortunately, many times there is no announcement made, this is why I keep track of the activity on NamUs. It’s nothing official, but at least we have an idea..

At the following update on namus.nij.ojp.gov the number of open cases for Colorado decreased by one case and the number of resolved cases increased by one case. This case was the only one that was removed in that interval, so this probably means it has been resolved. Unfortunately, many times there is no announcement made, this is why I keep track of the activity on NamUs. It’s nothing official, but at least we have an idea..
Thanks for sharing this. Your know-how to track and compare on NamUs impresses me greatly, and your persistence in keeping up to date with the latest is admirable! Thank you for sharing what you find with all of us, and for giving me a little insight on how you go about finding the information.:)

Thanks for sharing this. Your know-how to track and compare on NamUs impresses me greatly, and your persistence in keeping up to date with the latest is admirable! Thank you for sharing what you find with all of us, and for giving me a little insight on how you go about finding the information.:)
Thank you so much for your kind words, I appreciate it. I am not good at finding matches like many people here are, so I tried to find a way to be helpful within the scope of my abilities. :))

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Romeo20
Back