Resolved CO - Pueblo, Black male, #UP99114, 6'6" and found with unique hat and personal items, Oct'22 - namus removed

I believe "Myxed Up" a Grand Junction CO shop sold the same hat, pins, nearly everything found with this UID. I perused several of their pages... IG, Pinterest, FB etc. I wonder how long any security footage would be retained??

ETA: However, I'm unsure if there are dispensaries in Grand Junction in 2022.

Last edited:
Do you feel comfortable sharing that info with LE? bc ya should!!

Well, I'm not sure it's the only shop selling these same/similar items or I would. Thought I might look around a bit more.

ETA: It appears Myxed Up Creations has several locations in CO. The Denver location celebrated 30 year anniversary last Oct.

Re: the mushroom pin on the hat--
@LunaInvidia provided this link upthread for a vendor/etsy store located in Denver, Colorado that also sells a very similar mushroom pin. When I went to their fb page they mention that they started off selling their stuff at festivals and tradeshows before branching out online recently. If this missing person traveled around a lot, maybe traveling from festival to festival, it might not be feasible to order things online and have them shipped, so they very well may have picked up the pin and the hat at recent festivals they attended.

Do you think we should try to reach out to the actual artist/owner behind Android Jones, as well as the person running things at Catch a fire Arts and see if they can ask their merch people who worked the shows our John Doe might have attended to take a look at the NamUs page? Like previous commenters have mentioned, surely someone remembers this guy. This seems like a man you notice. Also, there is a pair of deep red, wire framed, circular lens glasses shown on the his NamUs page, surely if someone encountered him at a show would remember him if their memory could be jogged by the info and pictures on NamUS. @sunflowermomma , what do you think, do you feel comfortable with that?

Sorry, I also meant to add that Android Jones and Catch a fire Arts have large sm communities. Imagine the exposure if they were to share the NamUs page on their SM pages. Someone might see his description and that hat and those glasses and remember him. Even if they only had a conversation with him or just saw him in line, it could provide more clues.
Also, I am not FB, but maybe one of us could post something with the NamUs link on the Laughlin Air Force Base Facebook page? Since that keychain affixed to his bag is for their organization that gives rides to airmen who are too drunk to drive? He may have been stationed there, or he might not be serving anymore, but someone might be able to help identify him.

Sorry, I also meant to add that Android Jones and Catch a fire Arts have large sm communities. Imagine the exposure if they were to share the NamUs page on their SM pages. Someone might see his description and that hat and those glasses and remember him. Even if they only had a conversation with him or just saw him in line, it could provide more clues.
Also, I am not FB, but maybe one of us could post something with the NamUs link on the Laughlin Air Force Base Facebook page? Since that keychain affixed to his bag is for their organization that gives rides to airmen who are too drunk to drive? He may have been stationed there, or he might not be serving anymore, but someone might be able to help identify him.
I can't post on the LAFB page directly, but I'll message it to them.

This is the bag, I'm pretty sure. It's sold out- wonder how many were made?

There are several variations of the 'shroom pin (same artist likely, tho). But, I'd bet all the Myxed Up shops carried at least a few variations of them, and they def had the Android Jones hat (w/humming dragon). Sadly, the Android Jones studio suffered a devastating fire in January.

ETA: Wait, was that an Android Jones pin? Or only the butterfly design is AJ?

oops wrong link

correct one here:

Last edited:
There are several variations of the 'shroom pin (same artist likely, tho). But, I'd bet all the Myxed Up shops carried at least a few variations of them, and they def had the Android Jones hat (w/humming dragon). Sadly, the Android Jones studio suffered a devastating fire in January.

ETA: Wait, was that an Android Jones pin? Or only the butterfly design is AJ?

oops wrong link

correct one here:

I don't think the pin is Android Jones- it's either from Catch a Fire Arts, or a bulk pin seller overseas, in which case who knows. Myxed Up Creations sells a very similar pin, but it's not the same one.

I posted on reddit in the EDM sub that has several android jones posts several months ago, but no luck.

The mushroom pin is referred to as best selling on instagram here - seems to only do sales through etsy....

I posted on reddit in the EDM sub that has several android jones posts several months ago, but no luck.

The mushroom pin is referred to as best selling on instagram here - seems to only do sales through etsy....
A little lower on their etsy page they have this message.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230326-230743.png
    Screenshot_20230326-230743.png
    296.6 KB · Views: 5
Possible namus matches - may have posted these before but i'm going through the list again:

Possible namus matches - may have posted these before but i'm going through the list again:

So pleased to see interest picking up here!

JMO but all 3 minors listed here can be ruled out. The adult you list is likely homeless so I don't think he would be geared out as this Doe was.

I think this UP's family is looking for him but just hasn't made the Colorado and/or Namus connection yet.

I think the cause of death could be telling & would like to see the Pueblo County coroner take an interest in sharing more about our UP.

Again, JMO

I think this is the most interesting thing I've found so far - the socks he was wearing with Ashoka from The Mandalorian were only released in late April/early May 2022. So that narrows down the timeframe to late April at the very earliest that he would've been missing.

How does that help pinpoint when he went missing?

His PMI estimate is 2 weeks. So he was alive in early October with his body found 10-27-2022 if Namus is accurate. We don't know how he died or if his ID was lost, stolen, etc.

I found an instagram profile for a Black male, US Army veteran, who was 18-20 in 2014. He tagged photos in Boulder, CO on October 11, 2022, and most interestingly, hasn't posted since October 24th, 2022, despite being a fairly regular poster throughout the rest of 2022. I can't tell how tall he is though.
RSBM
@sunflowermomma
Have you followed up on this or decided it is not a potential match?
TIA

How does that help pinpoint when he went missing?

His PMI estimate is 2 weeks. So he was alive in early October with his body found 10-27-2022 if Namus is accurate. We don't know how he died or if his ID was lost, stolen, etc.
I think it shows he was out and about and cared about things like buying socks as late as April/May 2022, imo that would rule out homelessness and to me it lessens the potential of self harm (just my two cents).

Please keep sharing this y'all! I'm trying to think of more places to post him

The red lensed sunglasses are interesting. The side shields make them look kind of steam punk-y. Red lenses can be used for blocking the artificial blue light from extended use of digital devices like computers, smart phones, etc. Sometimes skiers used red lensed sunglasses to reduce glare while on the slopes to deflect glare. Unfortunately, I they can just be worn because they are funky looking and this UID was dressed in a fairly unique manner. His height, sunglasses and cap would have made him memorable, I think. I wish we knew how long his hair was and what the COD was. Do you think the map is accurate as to where his body was found? I wondered if he was walking along the CamAn highway, got hit by a vehicle and the impact tossed him over the highway barricade. There doesn't seem to be any damage to his clothing, though, like tears, rips or blood stains.

Last edited:
The red lensed sunglasses are interesting. The side shields make them look kind of steam punk-y. Red lenses can be used for blocking the artificial blue light from extended use of digital devices like computers, smart phones, etc. Sometimes skiers used red lensed sunglasses to reduce glare while on the slopes to deflect glare. Unfortunately, I think they can just worn because they are funky looking and this UID was dressed in a fairly unique manner. His height, sunglasses and cap would have made him memorable, I think. I wish we knew how long his hair was and what the COD was. Do you think the map is accurate as to where his body was found? I wondered if he was walking along the CamAn highway, got hit by a vehicle and the impact tossed him over the highway barricade. There doesn't seem to be any damage to his clothing, though, like tears, rips or blood stains.
I have seen others post on WS that map links on Namus can be very unreliable. That being said, he was found near water.

"Decomposed male was found deceased near a pond close to the Arkansas river on 10/27/2022."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back