GUILTY CO - Rita Gutierrez-Garcia, 34, found deceased, Longmont, 18 March 2018 *ARREST*

Me too. Back prior to my sober days, I spent plenty of time in Longmont, and I speak fluent Spanish. There was always talk about how if you crossed the wrong people you would end up in an oil drum or by the railroad tracks. i was never sure if it was joking, but it stuck with me. I knew a lot of stuff back then. It may be different now, but I have a really bad feeling. It only takes a minute to step into the wrong persons car. I wish we knew more about the "friends" and her leaving with someone else.

The suspect in custody is Juan Figueroa

Boulder sheriff's office investigating vehicle found in Clover Basin Reservoir west of Longmont

they say this isn't related necessarily, but not sure if they can rule out anything. It's not like cars submerged here happens on a daily basis....as well as whoever's car it is has warrants out for their arrest. I don't think it's too much of a stretch that it could be related. MOO

IMO, it is fully related!! The car was loaned to a relative of JF and belonged to his boss. MOO IIRC

Trying to get caught up - are these ponds they are searching anywhere near where she was last seen? If not, I think it stands to good reason they have something indicating she was/is out there. Curious about the car, too. Scary to think how easily this could have been me. Before I got sober I definitely spent time with the wrong people and was far too trusting, could have so easily ended up on a websleuths thread. It seems there is decent interest and media coverage of her case at least, would others agree that it’s being covered pretty well? I feel so badly for her kids and family. Sadly I can’t imagine this ending well...any time we have a mixture of alcohol, a late night, and a missing woman (or man for that matter) things never seem to end on a happy note. I hope that I’m wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am local and have been involved in the searches and IMO, JMO, MOO it is not be covered enough.

Longmont police investigating possible connections between injured man, missing woman
Longmont police investigating possible connections between injured man, missing woman
Longmont police are investigating whether there is a connection between a man found with serious head injuries at about 2:30 a.m. Monday morning in the alley west of 3's Bar and the March 18 disappearance of Rita Gutierrez-Garcia.
c2172047a52ae5dc9ffc980b87f8003f.jpg

Tyler Bullock has been hospitalized in an intensive care unit for head trauma with bleeding in his brain, according to his sister, Kristal Beecher. ( Kristal Beecher / Courtesy Photo )

Officers were dispatched to the alley after an anonymous caller reported a man was unconscious behind the bar at 333 Main St.

The man, who was identified as Tyler Bullock, was found at the same time of day and near the same location Gutierrez-Garcia, 34, was last seen before she was reported missing.

Police would not confirm or deny Wednesday whether Bullock knew Gutierrez-Garcia as part of the investigation into her disappearance.

"The only connection is the time of morning and the location," Longmont police Cmdr. Joel Post said. "We're following up on leads on both cases. We'll see if they connect."

A police report on the incident involving Bullock indicates he was alone when he was found laying on his left side with blood around his nose and on his gums, as well as blood on the cement nearby. His breath smelled of alcohol, officers said, and he was later found to have a blood-alcohol content of .34.

Officers asked Bullock, 26, if he had been assaulted or gotten into a fight and called for medical assistance.

He was transported to Longmont United Hospital, and although currently conscious, he remained hospitalized as of Wednesday evening in an intensive care unit for head trauma with bleeding in his brain under close supervision by doctors, according to Bullock's sister, Kristal Beecher.

Officers initially closed their investigation into Bullock's injuries due to a lack of additional information, but Post said Wednesday police are hoping to collect any video surveillance footage of the area around the time the man was found in the alley.

After he regained consciousness in the hospital, Bullock assumed he had fallen off his skateboard, Beecher said, but police didn't find a skateboard near the alley.

"He was very confused, though, and had no idea what had actually happened," Beecher said.

She is seeking additional information about the cause of her brother's injuries, which include minor trauma to the back of his head, trauma to the front of his head and a broken nose in addition to the bleeding in the brain, she posted on Facebook.

The internal bleeding is "acting like an aneurysm, spreading through his entire brain right now," Beecher said. "They're hoping his body absorbs it. They've got a close watch."

She has asked anyone who was in downtown Longmont bars 3's, Breakers Grill or The Speakeasy on Sunday or early Monday morning to come forward.

Post would not say whether police suspect Bullock's injuries were inflicted by a person.

[...]

IMO, Definitely connected!

Bumping for Rita. I have a feeling this will come to a close soon I hope. I have an awful feeling, but I provided what I was given months back...and it seems to be related. I hope they find her, and her family gets closure.

Can you say what you were given?

I am local and have been involved in the searches and IMO, JMO, MOO it is not be covered enough.
Are there any searches occurring this weekend? my SO recently purchased a drone to somewhat help his dog (we are not mean spirited - he’s trying to record her frisbee play- ) and i thought we could help out because the brother had asked for drone help.

Are there any searches occurring this weekend? my SO recently purchased a drone to somewhat help his dog (we are not mean spirited - he’s trying to record her frisbee play- ) and i thought we could help out because the brother had asked for drone help.

Hi. Yes Rita’s brother would be very interested in this I know. He is searching every weekend. It would be wonderful if you could contact him. Let me know if you would like his information and I can forward it to you.

Request from Omar Holhin, Brother of Rita Gutierrez-Garcia - Longmont Observer
October 22, 2018

“Hi, I am the brother of the missing women of Longmont ( Rita Gutierrez – Garcia ) missing since March 18th 2018. Would you be able to share my post/flyer? I figured since it’s a hunting season, it would be good way to put the word out. Thank you.”

New Flyers:
Northern Colorado Crime Stoppers

Can someone please help embed these new flyers in the thread? Tia.

——

Police Looking for Missing 34-year-old Rita Gutierrez | City of Longmont, Colorado

Information Regarding Rita Gutierrez

Longmont Police will continue to update this page with the search for Rita Gutierrez. This page contains information that has been released to the public. Information considered “breaking news” will be released via social media and the Longmont Public Safety website should further information regarding her whereabouts become available.

FACTS:

Rita is a 34-year-old female, 5’7” tall, weighs 140 pounds and has several tattoos. She was last seen wearing a long sleeved black shirt and black leggings.
Rita was last seen by her friends in the parking lot/alley west of 3’s Bar located in the 300 block of Main Street (on the Coffman Street side) between 2:15am and 3:30am on March 18, 2018. Rita indicated to her friends that she was “getting a ride home”.
Rita’s friends are indicating that there were other people in the parking lot when her friends left. Longmont Police would like to talk with anyone that was in the parking lot between 2:15am and 3:30am who saw Rita.
Rita’s disappearance is deemed suspicious since she has not contacted family or friends since March 18, 2018.
Longmont Police, early on in her disappearance, made contact with ALL of the core downtown Longmont area businesses. Officers and detectives went door-to-door. Officers were given, and have reviewed, any and all video provided by businesses in the area.
Longmont Police are looking for residents that live on the west side (which is also the side she was last seen at the alley behind 3's bar) who may have a door bell camera, video, etc. If you live in the west side of Longmont or are located in that general area, please check your video during the 2:15am to 3:30am time frame on March 18, 2018. If you see vehicles and/or someone walking please contact the Longmont Police at 303-774-3700.
Longmont Police would urge residents not to draw assumptions based on the public information over the past several weeks. A lot of work is going on behind the scenes that residents are not aware of.
Officers have followed up on the tip regarding “DW Pastor Barry”.
Rumors continue to circulate that Rita was found in a Longmont area lake. These rumors are not true.
Longmont Police have identified all parties associated with Det Coopers photo provided to Breakers staff.
det cooper rita investigation photo
Unfortunately, while we hold out hope for the best, for all the reasons now known to this investigation, it is our belief that Rita is no longer alive, and her body has not been found. Anytime someone disappears, an investigation into how they conduct their every day lives is done, and knowing how steady, reliable, and loved Rita was; we now expect the worst.
At this point, we are still collecting evidence, and we are continuing to follow-up on all the information from people in the community. It is a very active investigation and we are making significant progress. We continue to follow-up on all leads, to include any possible suspects.
As a result of testing from evidence submitted to forensic laboratories, LPD has identified a suspect in Rita's disappearance as Juan Jose Figueroa Jr (4/20/1989). Mr Figueroa, has not been charged in this case and should be presumed innocent. Mr Figueroa is currently not in a danger to our community as he is being held in jail on an unrelated sexual assault charge with a $1 million cash only bond.
At this time the Longmont Police Department is offering a $10,000 reward for information that leads to Rita's discovery or for information which helps us in arresting the suspect.
As a reminder, we have not received any information that has assisted in locating Rita. There are hundreds of miles of isolated dirt roads in the surrounding area. If you have time while you are taking a hike or driving, please check rural roadways and secluded areas. Pay attention to your surroundings.
Longmont Police Report number for reference is LPD 18-2437.

If you have tips or information that you believe would contribute to this investigation, please call (303)774-3700 for the tip line or email your tips to policetipline@longmontcolorado.gov.

Last edited:
My heart literally continues to break over this! It's frustrating that more isn't being done and that there isn't more media coverage to get the word out and bring Rita home to her family. Her boys deserve to know where she is, her mom, dad, sisters and brothers deserve to know. It's so crazy to think that in this day and age with all the technology, tracking, cameras, that a mom of 3 can just vanish into thin air without a trace. I pray that JF will be a man and tell LE where he put her.

I can't believe I'm just now hearing about this! I have lived about 20 minutes away for 6 months now. I guess everyone got super distracted by the Watts case :(

I can't believe I'm just now hearing about this! I have lived about 20 minutes away for 6 months now. I guess everyone got super distracted by the Watts case :(

Just my opinion - I believe Rita’s disappearance didn’t make for a good news story. Minority woman missing from Longmont after going to the local bar on the “bad” part of the block...” I don’t want to think society sees her as a throwaway that put herself in the wrong place at the wrong time but that’s kind of what it seems like. It’s a shame.

Most of the missing posters in the area have been taken down. She’s already been forgotten.

Just my opinion - I believe Rita’s disappearance didn’t make for a good news story. Minority woman missing from Longmont after going to the local bar on the “bad” part of the block...” I don’t want to think society sees her as a throwaway that put herself in the wrong place at the wrong time but that’s kind of what it seems like. It’s a shame.

Most of the missing posters in the area have been taken down. She’s already been forgotten.

That's heartbreaking </3

It’s disgusting to be honest.

I plan to pass out Rita’s missing persons flyer on Monday at the Watts sentencing.

her story deserves to heard and the perpetrator needs to be served justice.
I'm watching this thread. Thank you for directing attention to this case. I feel I may have heard of this case at some point, and will be following along to see if she is found and gets justice.

Rita Gutierrez-Garcia, 34 at the time she disappeared, was last seen in the early morning hours of March 18, 2018 out with friends in Longmont, Colorado. Shortly after Rita’s disappearance, her younger sister Jessica Romero-Reyes told Dateline she knew her sister was going out that night to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day, and planned to see her the next afternoon at their younger sister Nicole’s baby shower. But Rita never showed up at the baby shower. No one has seen or heard from her since. In July of 2018, police identified 29-year-old Juan Jose Figueroa Jr. as a suspect in Rita’s disappearance as a result of testing from evidence submitted to forensic laboratories. Figueroa is currently awaiting trial for an unrelated sexual assault/strangulation case. He has not been charged in relation to Rita’s disappearance. Since Rita disappeared, police have deployed drones, helicopters, cadaver dogs, and search teams to try and find the missing mother of three. Authorities tell Dateline the case is very active and while Rita is technically listed as a missing person, this case is being investigated as a homicide. The Longmont Police Department is offering $10,000 for information leading to the recovery of Rita’s remains and an additional $10,000 for any information which leads to an arrest.

Five years of Dateline’s Missing in America: 109 still missing

Rita Gutierrez-Garcia, 34 at the time she disappeared, was last seen in the early morning hours of March 18, 2018 out with friends in Longmont, Colorado. Shortly after Rita’s disappearance, her younger sister Jessica Romero-Reyes told Dateline she knew her sister was going out that night to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day, and planned to see her the next afternoon at their younger sister Nicole’s baby shower. But Rita never showed up at the baby shower. No one has seen or heard from her since. In July of 2018, police identified 29-year-old Juan Jose Figueroa Jr. as a suspect in Rita’s disappearance as a result of testing from evidence submitted to forensic laboratories. Figueroa is currently awaiting trial for an unrelated sexual assault/strangulation case. He has not been charged in relation to Rita’s disappearance. Since Rita disappeared, police have deployed drones, helicopters, cadaver dogs, and search teams to try and find the missing mother of three. Authorities tell Dateline the case is very active and while Rita is technically listed as a missing person, this case is being investigated as a homicide. The Longmont Police Department is offering $10,000 for information leading to the recovery of Rita’s remains and an additional $10,000 for any information which leads to an arrest.

Five years of Dateline’s Missing in America: 109 still missing
Juan’s case has been delayed until Spring.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Annie151
Back