CO CO - Robert Charles Browne - possibly connected to 48 slayings

Thank you for shareing that. I did not get a chance to watch Nancy Grace. He is a really sick man. I just pray that he is not takeing credit for killings he did not do. Who knows. This is one sick individual.

It would be nice for families to get some closure. We also have a cold case in rural Oklahoma. I do know he claims to have killed in Tulsa. However, I have no reason to beleive he was ever in our area.

Have you told anyone that he looks like somebody you seen in that area at the time. It would be worth looking into.

Good luck,
Sooner

Hollow said:
Does anyone know what his profession was ??

It sounds to me like he was a handyman, doer of odd jobs, worked in a convenience store, etc. It doesn't appear that he had a profession, except killing.

Auggie21 said:
Ok, this is awful, but follow my train of thought. I got all of this from the affidavit.

Browne is taunting LE with letters back in 2002. He offers two letters with criptic information about "seven virgins, entombed side by side,those less worthy, are scattered wide." He originally says there are 9 victims in Colorado. If you buy the "seven" stuff, the other two would be Church and Sperry.

Later he sends this awful letter where he tells LE

"Location: Murky plaza depth -- cool caressing mire
Amount: Seven
Instructions: Drain-dig
Accomplice: High Priestess
Motive: Sacred virgins-less worthy scattered"

"Something else that might be of interest to you. Hypothetically, if individuals were held in a concealed chamber and their caretaker was incarcerated, thereby causing these individuals to succumb over time, would the caretaker be considered guilty of murder, even though their deaths were a direct result of actions taken by law enforcement officials? I suppose three should be added to the nine. /s/ Robert Browne."

Later in the affidavit, LE notes that Browne's former wife said he owned property in Teller County Colorado off of Teller Highway 1. He took measurements of the property and spoke of liking underground houses.

Could he have burried bodies on that property, or even burried someone alive?
This is far fetched, and I am perfectly willing to believe that he made the "seven virgins" crap up to get LE's attention.

I tried to do a property ownership search in Teller County but on-line records only go as far back as 1992.
Yes, I definately think his Teller property should be checked out, though he seems to prefer dumping bodies into water sources or off of cliffs. That's a scary thought about victims suffocating because he was arrested. On the other hand, those victims were going to die anyways, as Browne put it "none got away."

Personally, I'm a little suspicious about the "facts" in his writings and confessions. For instance, in the Melody Bush murder, he said he knew the bartender and they had breakfast together. The bartender denies this. Either the bartender is lying or Browne is living a fantasy around his crimes. And the Holiday Inn Lady, he couldn't even remember the location of that Holiday Inn. And the "consensual" sex with his victims sounds like delusional fantasy also to justify his crimes, as they were either cheating on their partners or acting like *advertiser censored* in Browne's mind. I seriously doubt that 13 yo Heather Church was acting like a *advertiser censored* when Browne killed her, and I don't believe that burglary story. He just didn't have any other explanation for why he killed her. Browne's recollections and writings seem to surround the reality of the crimes with his bizarre fantasies. The news said he was also on new "medication" during his adjustment from isolation to the general population in jail. Maybe he has schizophrenia or some personality disorder? Some of this stuff might be delusional fantasy Browne is confusing with reality.

That said, I think LE should continue to follow all leads to bring closure to these cases.

What the Heck is this...the dualing serial killers?????????? The guy from cali and this creep from colorado.

http://www.gazette.com/browne/browne-affidavit.pdf

This link will take you to the arrest affidavit. It is long reading.
But what I find interesting and maybe some of you cold case experts can follow up..he describes a number of killing that LE have not figured out who exactly he is referring to. It might be a chance to put a victims name with the place, time and description of these murders.

dragonfly said:
http://www.gazette.com/browne/browne-affidavit.pdf

This link will take you to the arrest affidavit. It is long reading.
But what I find interesting and maybe some of you cold case experts can follow up..he describes a number of killing that LE have not figured out who exactly he is referring to. It might be a chance to put a victims name with the place, time and description of these murders.
Thanks for posting this dragonfly. I'm printing it out, looks like a real good read though. There is this one woman I found in a newspaper article a while ago named Linda Davis from Oklahoma, her car was found was found with blood all over the inside , back seat and front, and on the outside of the car, her coat was found in the trunk all bloody with upwards of fifty stab wounds, I've always tried to find out what happened to her, I wonder if this man could have got her. I don't know if they ever found her body , but I don't think so. It was around 1974.

I was just thumbing through the pages of this arrest affidavit, this is a websleuthers dream. Lot's of info.

Does anyone think we should post the unidentified victims Browne has described. Hey, and what is up with his cryptic way of talking, seven virgins ??

At first I thought maybe we shouldn't post them on here, and confuse things if it were all just lies, but then after reading that affidavit, he remembers so many little details, there's no way this guys lying.

Sort of makes me think about the Zodiac letters.

Hollow said:
I was just thumbing through the pages of this arrest affidavit, this is a websleuthers dream. Lot's of info.
I agree Hollow...that's why I'd like to get some of our best here at Websleuth involved.

This link will take you to an article that titled "Choice of victims made Browne especially dangerous"

http://www.gazette.com/display.php?id=1319737&secid=47

IMO Serial Killers are often very hard to catch because they kill strangers and LE will always consider the suspects that have a known motive to kill before they ever venture into the realm of serial killer.
Robert Charles Browne didn't fit an pattern. His victims were all different ages and sexes and over many states and span 20 years.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back