CO CO - Roger Ellison, 17, Cedaredge, 10 Feb 1981 #2

Discussion in '1980's Missing' started by Cubby, Oct 31, 2010.

1. Satch

Satch Well-Known Member

Mr. Pash, or whoever posted as him has come on to WS and said he did not have a pet alligator. This may be a different JP.

Satch

LucyOso and inmyhumbleopinion like this.

2. rosesfromangels

rosesfromangels Amateur speculations and opinion only

I was hoping you knew who was stating that hypothesis as it is a strong motive, potentially.

3. Waterdog

Waterdog Well-Known Member

Thanks to Mr Pash for having come back to have his final say (2016). Hope he's been able to enjoy his retirement. He's a very intelligent man and I can see how he was often mistaken for a psychologist. But if he was brilliant he would have left us a clue as to the 2 answer in the free association test! I had a feeling he was being googled and questioned about it by people - understandable why he was so defensive before.

It's clear we don't have all the facts that the LE has on this case. Until those are released we are only weaving loose tales. ); The thought of Roger's father waiting for the school bus every day after school hoping for his return, then breaking down crying when he didn't really break my heart! RIP, sir. Hope is family is doing ok.

4. Waterdog

inmyhumbleopinion likes this.
  5. Waterdog

A couple of posters mentioned this incident supposedly happened several month AFTER he disappeared. Is this true? Did the confession include what time of year this incident happened? Weather was foggy with pellets of ice on the day he disappeared. Doesn't seem like a good hunting day.

6. Waterdog

Wow. I can see this too, more so than a drug deal gone bad. OMG.
    If the story of the poacher was never substantiated could it have been made up by the killer to lead people astray? It's too convenient that the poachers are anonymous.

Kittymama and inmyhumbleopinion like this.
  7. Waterdog

Last edited: Aug 28, 2018
  8. Waterdog

D'oh!

I'm posting replies as I read the thread. It's crazy how my theories go back and forth. :-O
    Can you blame me?

If it's possible he was a runaway, I wonder if his remaining family would consider submitting their DNA to 23andme or a similar site. Maybe something will pop up.

9. Waterdog

Exactly. Surely the fellow students could corroborate the assignment and whether or not the details of the assignment were shared in class.

inmyhumbleopinion and Satch like this.
  10. Mom24

Mom24 Well-Known Member

were there any maps of the area from 1981?

inmyhumbleopinion likes this.
  11. lgr

lgr New Member

I've written this before about the poachers. They were part of the community and had families there, I'm sure. It is not cowardice to choose not to disarm a person who's holding a hostage at gunpoint. Most people are just not going to risk doing it for a stranger. You want to believe you would be the hero and wrestle a gun away from somebody, but in real life, when the rubber meets the road, you are going to see the faces of your family members flash before your eyes and you are just not going to risk it. I don't blame these poachers one bit.

That being said, I also believe enough time has gone by that someone who knows something needs to speak up. It's been decades since Roger's disappearance. Most if not all statutes of limitations for crimes have passed, except for murder (which doesn't have a statute of limitations). This indicates to me that Roger was murdered and his murderer probably still lives in the community and is being protected. I'm afraid that, since those who know what happened have kept their mouths shut this long, they are going to continue to remain silent until the murderer possibly dies.

Also, after having read through Roger's threads and accompanying newspaper articles several times, I think the cops know Roger is dead, and they probably know who did it, but lots of times LE or district attorneys will not bring a murder case forward without a body. There is another case I used to follow here: Tara Calico from New Mexico. She disappeared without a trace in the late 80s (maybe early 90s). LE have told reporters that they think they know who killed her, but the killer is known in the community and they are not going to charge him unless they find Tara's body. So, her case stays open as a missing person, similar to Roger's.

Someone who identified himself as one of Roger's lockermates posted on Roger's first thread. He cryptically said something along the lines of "I hope Roger found what he was looking for." This indicates to me that Roger decided to duck out of school that morning to confront somebody in order to learn something. His lockermates were aware of it, and that is why they stayed silent as to Roger's whereabouts during that day. When it came out that Roger was missing, they may have continued to keep their mouths shut because they know who was likely the last person Roger had seen that morning. Another group of people keeping their mouths shut because this person is probably known in the community.

All of this is speculation on my part, of course, but it seems plausible to me. Off to do some more cogitating...

ThePhantom, theshadow45 and windrower like this.
  12. Waterdog

Cowardice - Wikipedia

Coward,
    noun
    1. a person who lacks the courage to face danger, difficulty, opposition, pain, unpleasant things, etc.
    It was easy to to make anonymous calls to police in 1981.

Regardless of what you say, it was foggy and sleeting the day he disappeared. It wasn’t hunting season. But, despite this, the man (the poacher) id’d the man (with the gun) he was questioned....per what was stated in these threads.

IMO, this case is too simple (Occam’s Razor) and that’s why it can’t be solved without a body, or confession, or witness.

inmyhumbleopinion and Spartygirl like this.
  13. rosesfromangels

Coward(s) absolutely! I have other names for them too, but out of respect for our TOS will refrain.

Whether the cowards ever come forward or not, or whether the Perps get caught, one thing is for sure. The old adage of "what goes around comes around" is SO so true. And maybe, just maybe someone simply can't stand the stress of possessing knowledge, and will come forward. I suspect they don't sleep well.

Waterdog and inmyhumbleopinion like this.
  14. Mom24

Mom24 Well-Known Member

another article. States Roger had worked as a bag boy at local grocery store, dairy farm helper, picker at a local orchard and local handyman.
    Also stated Det. Waibel, the investigating officer, found no evidence of a drug problem, no hint of mental illness and nothing to indicate Roger was depressed. He also stated that they questioned his teachers, bus driver, friends and ski coaches and "came up with nothing". A SYMBOL OF THE MISSING THOUSANDS: DURANGO'S YOUNG UNKNOWN TRAVELER

15. rosesfromangels

Sounds like a terrific, industrious young man. I'm sure his parents were very proud of him.

16. msmithca858

msmithca858 Member

Just be clear, Mr. Pash, who has posted on here in the past denied that Roger visited his home on "frequent" occasions. Also, he denies that he told Roger's parents that Roger was suicidal.

ThePhantom and inmyhumbleopinion like this.
  17. msmithca858

msmithca858 Member

The house is currently a Thrift Store. One odd fact is that at one time the County Cornorer lived that the same house.

18. Mom24

Mom24 Well-Known Member

The poster who posted as JPash was also not a verified poster, so I'm taking anything written by that poster with a grain of salt.

19. lgr

lgr New Member

Of course it wasn't hunting season. They were poachers. If it was hunting season, they would have been hunters! ;)

I agree with you that the poachers were cowards. I only meant to say that I understand their cowardice. Many people are unwilling to risk their lives and their family for a stranger. Had they had the guts to make an anonymous call, as you suggested, LE could have found the body of the young man who was being held. If it wasn't Roger, then some other family is still wondering what happened to their boy. :(

ThePhantom and LucyOso like this.
  20. msmithca858

msmithca858 Member