CO CO - Roger Ellison, 17, Cedaredge, 10 Feb 1981 #2

Yes, it is. Mr. Pash makes several observations about the information given on the site, many of his observations are well taken and well thought out, but then again, Mr. Pash's father worked for the CIA as I recall. Much of the information is speculation or third-hand information or just opinion. I agree with The Phantom, there is no evidence of anything, nothing to even base an opinion on. I tend to believe that Mr. Pash was regarded as an outsider by the community... and had been harassed by the community and we all know what happens to outsiders who are seen as different and don't quite blend in. If he were indeed responsible in some way, he moved away years ago so there should be no reason for everyone to maintain their silence. Do you believe the testimony (deathbed testament) of the hunters who saw a young man (Roger) hand bound, being led through the forest and then hearing a gunshot... if it's a lie... what was the point? The man was dying. If it was true, the hunter said it was "in the early spring" Roger disappeared in February... so where was he being held for those weeks? Any why? Keeping him as a hostage would be very dangerous. At some point in time, the story had enough credence that the local college anthropology class searched an area in the forest northeast (?) of the town. Found nothing. With no close living relatives left... parents long gone, sister now gone and his other siblings who have been quiet all these decades and apparently not looking to keep up the search, I doubt that there will not be any new answers forthcoming. The local LE and media have no apparent interest in pursuing this case further. I do believe Roger is dead and has been since 1981, the why, where & who will probably never be known. One more sad note for a family who had suffered so much loss... on Becky's FB page some months back is a post with pictures of Becky's granddaughters... a pretty young lady, apparently in her early 20's, has been diagnosed with a brain tumor.
Very well-said.

Much meat here, but I will confine myself to one thing: the apparent dying declaration. These indeed, and rightly, carry much heft.

From what source does this apparent declaration come? Does anyone have a link?

It sounds almost too good to be true, like something rumored which over time has become regarded as truth.

But maybe!

To the best of my knowledge, the deathbed confession was mentioned in this website which perhaps the member got it from local news sources or LE. But I do not recall ever seeing the information cited for a source.

To the best of my knowledge, the deathbed confession was mentioned in this website which perhaps the member got it from local news sources or LE. But I do not recall ever seeing the information cited for a source.
I think it might also have been reported at the Help crack a cold case site. I think I have seen it somewhere else besides here. If reported at the latter, it adds to the tale's reputable provenance, if not necessarily its actual credence.

Not for certain, however. I need to see a published source before I'd even consider to decide if it were true.

I think it might also have been reported at the Help crack a cold case site. I think I have seen it somewhere else besides here. If reported at the latter, it adds to the tale's reputable provenance, if not necessarily its actual credence.

Not for certain, however. I need to see a published source before I'd even consider to decide if it were true.
I believe this is what you are talking about :):

“In September of 1998 an explosive revelation came as a man was about to die.

Because he was dying he told Delta sheriff’s investigators that he wanted to clear his conscience.

He said back in 1981 when Roger disappeared he and another man were poaching for deer in the forest when they came upon Roger. They said Ellison had his hands tied and was being led at gun point. The men heard two gunshots shortly afterward.

The witness, who passed a polygraph test according to a report by (Lori Cumpston) Harrison, gave a description of a man they allegedly saw with Ellison. The second man was interviewed and corroborated the story, according to a Sept. 16, 1998 story in the Montrose Daily Press.

The lead investigator at the time, Dave Duncan, said the two men identified a man who had left the area.

There had been rumors circulating previously that this person was involved in Ellison’s disappearance, (former Delta sheriff Bill) Blair told the newspaper, but they have never been verified. He believed that people who had information about the case had not come forward.

‘There have been rumors out there the person may have played a role but it has never been proven other than a lot of people pointing fingers,’ he said. ‘There are people out there that know and won’t come forward.’” (BBM)

More at the link:
Cedaredge High School student possibly kidnapped at gunpoint, led into woods

It was reported in the Montrose Daily on Sept. 16th, 1998. Despite witnesses, trail if missing Cedaredge teen still cold

It's been almost 40 years since 17-year-old Roger Ellison, a popular A-student with seemingly no reason to disappear, vanished from his Western Slope high school. Ellison was last seen getting his books from his school locker in the small Delta County town of Cedaredge. He never made it to his next class and never came home that day, according to the Denver Post.

Despite posters being distributed — and his family offering an $8,000 reward for information — Ellison has never been found. For months after Roger's disappearance, his father, Ernest, reportedly stood at a curb waiting for the school bus that once dropped off his son. He would scan the students getting off, hang his head and cry when he didn't see Roger, according to the Post.

Ernest died of a heart attack the spring after Roger's disappearance.

Missing children: 8 Colorado kids who vanished without a trace

3d02e30e-9735-4e16-a398-683d25ecb4a6-Roger_Ellison.jpg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle